2018 HF.net NHL Mock Draft Sign Up

pilldoc

2018 HF.net NHL mock Draft  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in this years HF.net 2018 NHL Mock Draft

• Yes - Definitely I wouldn't miss it
    • No

10 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Not trying to derail the topic ... but yeah I saw them too. (3 or 4 times I believe .. they opened for Def Leppard a couple of times).  Always liked Tommy Shaw.  Though I like Dennis DeYoung, IMO he was taking the band in the wrong direction. (Too much pop and broadway grandstaging instead of being a rock band)  Growing up in the 80's who doesn't like "Renegade" one of my all time favorite songs.

First Styx song I heard was Renegade. Summer of 1978 at the Crystal Pool at Knoebels. I think that was the same summer they had the accident (saw it. Horrible) that made them give up the high dive. That's a story for another time. Anyway, I heard it on the Jukebox several times at the food stand and I was hooked. Had just about every album on cassette. 

I agree about both Tommy Shaw and Dennis DeYoung.  I liked the latter with Styx but agree about direction. I think the only solo song I know is Desert Moon. 

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I think the only solo song I know is Desert Moon. 

Yeah I think that is his only solo song I know too. It is a great song. When I listen to it today, it takes me back to my high school days in the mid 80's. Just a wonderfully composed song.

23 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Styx was one of the greatest American rock bands and they only caught a bad rap because most critics are cynical assholes.

Absolutely. Tommy Shaw is one of the most under rated guitarists and vocalists in the industry. I saw them when Lawrence Gowan was fronting them and I think he might have been even better than Dennis DeYoung. Anyways, just wanted to throw my $0.02 in. Oh, and Renegade is a killer track, but so is Suite Madame Blue (probably my favourite track).

I'm in as usual. While I'd love to pick for the Flyers, I'll take whomever needs a fill-in GM.

On 5/28/2018 at 6:14 PM, ruxpin said:

Styx was one of the greatest American rock bands and they only caught a bad rap because most critics are cynical assholes.

One of the few movies of his that I like.

On 5/28/2018 at 8:09 AM, pilldoc said:

Not trying to derail the topic ... but yeah I saw them too. (3 or 4 times I believe .. they opened for Def Leppard a couple of times).  Always liked Tommy Shaw.  Though I like Dennis DeYoung, IMO he was taking the band in the wrong direction. (Too much pop and broadway grandstaging instead of being a rock band)  Growing up in the 80's who doesn't like "Renegade" one of my all time favorite songs.

I saw Def Leppard when I was in high school....Pyromania tour, so long ago, the drummer had both arms!!

1 minute ago, jammer2 said:

I saw Def Leppard when I was in high school....Pyromania tour, so long ago, the drummer had both arms!!

First concert I ever went to was Def Leppard with Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. 

In February 2000. I'm so lame.

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

I saw the Pyromania tour and the Hysteria tour and the Adrenalize tour and the Slang Tour .....etc.  You get the picture.  DL was one of my favorite bands during the 80's and 90's.  I last saw them c.2012?  I even got to have dinner with Rich Allen (the drummer) back around 2004. (It was an eBay contest and all proceeds went to his charity). 

Sadly they only play 90-100 minutes now and it is the same damn greatest hits set list over and over.  They just performed here in Hershey last week.  Decent tickets were $200+.  I'm not paying that type of money for the same set list.

21 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Absolutely. Tommy Shaw is one of the most under rated guitarists and vocalists in the industry. I saw them when Lawrence Gowan was fronting them and I think he might have been even better than Dennis DeYoung. Anyways, just wanted to throw my $0.02 in. Oh, and Renegade is a killer track, but so is Suite Madame Blue (probably my favourite track).

Totally agree!  Did you every get to see him with the super band Damn Yankees with Ted Nugent?  Now that was an awesome concert.  Thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Yup ...this thread has been officially hijacked! LOL

I saw the Adrenalize tour at the old Hershey Park arena in November 1992.  Pretty good show. I don't recall who opened for them. I don't think the opening band meant anything to me at the time. 

I thought I'd @mention a few members who have helped with the HF.net mock draft in the past or others that have favorited teams here and see if they would be interested in choosing their favorite team's pick in the draft.  Let us know if you have interest.  

@J0e Th0rnton  are you interested in choosing the Sharks 21st pick?

@hobie  are you interested in choosing the Maple Leafs 25th pick?

@habsguy26  are you interested in choosing the Canadiens 3rd pick?

@thenewestlights are you interested in choosing the Kings 20th pick?

@Paparanger are you interested in choosing the Rangers 9th, 26th, and 29th picks?

@JR Ewing are you interested in choosing the Oilers 10th pick?

@MadDevil are you interested in choosing the Devils 17th pick?

@musky are you interested in choosing the Islanders 11th and 12th pick?

If there are any other members who would like to choose a team in our Mock Draft please let us know soon.

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Out of curiosity, when will those of us that said, "any team" know which team? 

Soon.   Give it a couple of more days to know if any more of those I just mentioned will pick for their favorited team.

14 hours ago, hobie said:

I will pick for the Leafs, thanx.

@hobie

Ok for you to pick for a 2nd team if needed?  I'm thinking NY Islanders.  They have back to back picks. (11/12)

I should have the final list by next weekend.  thanks

~doc

On 5/28/2018 at 6:38 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

Yes, you have to do the tedious task of going through each guy and seeing what stats he has.  But raw stats don't always tell the whole story.  You need a crystal ball that works well. 

ps  I guess the name Rasmus in Sweden is like John here?

Just for the record, my Central Scouting list links each player to their EliteProspects.com profile.  You can see their career numbers.  

I will be closing the sign up list tonight at 9 pm as I need to finalize the Draft order which I will post tomorrow.

If you plan on participating this year, I need to know tonight.

thanks.

~doc

• hf101 changed the title to 2018 HF.net NHL Mock Draft Sign Up
  • pilldoc locked this topic
  • pilldoc unpinned this topic

Archived