2018-19 Iowa Wild and other Wild Prospects Discussion

pilldoc

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I agree with you 100% on that one.  Hell even Kloos deserved another call up before Kunin did.  I also agree that Anas was more than deserving.  Kunin was pretty blah by what I could tell listening to the games.  Kloos and Anas, even Mayhew sounded like they were all over the ice.  

Do you think a lot of this is about a GM trying to save face on the guys he drafted so he calls them up hoping they'll make him look like a genius than really wanting to know if they're playing so well they deserve the promotion?  

You bring up an interesting point. Fletcher was working without a contract, and for him to get another contract it was imperative the team not only make the Playoffs, they needed to get past the first round. I’m pretty sure he messed his drawers when both Coyle and Niederreitter went down. Having a healthy Coyle and Niederreitter was probably essential to having the team get home ice advantage. When they went down, that shot at home ice probably also went down the drain. So then he grasps at straws and calls up his latest draft pick Kunin hoping he hits a home run? Desperate times call for desperate measures...

On 6/18/2018 at 7:38 PM, IllaZilla said:

You bring up an interesting point. Fletcher was working without a contract, and for him to get another contract it was imperative the team not only make the Playoffs, they needed to get past the first round. I’m pretty sure he messed his drawers when both Coyle and Niederreitter went down. Having a healthy Coyle and Niederreitter was probably essential to having the team get home ice advantage. When they went down, that shot at home ice probably also went down the drain. So then he grasps at straws and calls up his latest draft pick Kunin hoping he hits a home run? Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Also, the fact that maybe they recognized Kunin seemed to be uninspired to lead the way in Iowa...prompted them to try to stoke his confidence by calling him up to the big team where he thought he belonged.  IMO, and I think you agree...players should earn that call up.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Also, the fact that maybe they recognized Kunin seemed to be uninspired to lead the way in Iowa...prompted them to try to stoke his confidence by calling him up to the big team where he thought he belonged.  IMO, and I think you agree...players should earn that call up.  

To me, by calling up Kunin instead of say, Sam Anas, what kind of message does that send to guys that are busting their hump in Iowa and were leading that team? That only #1 picks are worthy of a call up? 

And if Kunin was uninspired to lead in Iowa, what does that say about his character? Isn't that why the Wild drafted him, because he was a "leader"? Mikko Mk II?

To me if they called up Kunin because he felt he should have been with the big club, they've got another Thomas Vanek on their hands...like when Vanek was playing like crap and then told Yeo for him to play better he needed more ice time on the top two lines rather than being demoted to the third and fourth lines...

Edited by IllaZilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

To me, by calling up Kunin instead of say, Sam Anas, what kind of message does that send to guys that are busting their hump in Iowa and were leading that team? That only #1 picks are worthy of a call up? 

And if Kunin was uninspired to lead in Iowa, what does that say about his character? Isn't that why the Wild drafted him, because he was a "leader"? Mikko Mk II?

To me if they called up Kunin because he felt he should have been with the big club, they've got another Thomas Vanek on their hands...like when Vanek was playing like crap and then told Yeo for him to play better he needed more ice time on the top two lines rather than being demoted to the third and fourth lines...

Again, I agree with you 100%.  Anas signed on for another two seasons, but still...that had to hurt on some levels when you see the guy who isn't doing half of what you are gets the call up just because of where he was picked in the draft.  

I think the Wild really need look at their farm system. It’s almost an afterthought with the organization. 

They keep bringing in coach after coach trying to change the culture, but continue to have a miserable farm club. 

At this point it’s not the coach. It’s the players. Or lack of quality players. They keep pulling prospects up to the big club long before they are ready, leaving Iowa to fill in with AHL journeymen.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, CreaseAndAssist said:

If memory serves me correctly, 42% of his points were 2nd assists.  I posted it on Twitter and I had a bunch of people falling over themselves to tell me how great Suter is and how dare I criticize a player that was tied for 12th in the league in even strength scoring...shame on me!?!?  

The second assist numbers are that high because Suter can see what's going to happen 2 plays ahead of anyone else. He makes the pass that sets things in motion. He's a little like Gretzky that way...

3 minutes ago, sweetshot said:

The second assist numbers are that high because Suter can see what's going to happen 2 plays ahead of anyone else. He makes the pass that sets things in motion. He's a little like Gretzky that way...

:rolleyes:  No, its called getting prime minutes both 5-on-5 on most important offensive zone draws and power play time.  Gretzky, really?  

3 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

:rolleyes:  No, its called getting prime minutes both 5-on-5 on most important offensive zone draws and power play time.  Gretzky, really?  

I'll have to be a little clearer indicating sarcasm...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is going to be soon a nice important event for our team on July 10-15,2018 -  development camp with lots of players (43) including  our prospects, recent draft picks, free agents and invitees. For the first time we are going to have 2 Russian players (Sokolov, Khovanov) and 1 American with Russian roots(Lodnia) , probably, playing together for a better communications and developing some chemistry. 🙂.

Here is a link from the Wild main page:

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/development-camp-2018-release-070218/c-299391970

and a list of players:

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/299392384/binary-file/file.pdf

On 6/21/2018 at 4:37 PM, IllaZilla said:

We used to highlight our text in green on the old WMB for sarcasm...when we remembered to...

\

A lot of posters on this site use the Ninja emoji to highlight sarcasm.....just in case you run into it, you'll know what it means....

This little sucker....:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

\

A lot of posters on this site use the Ninja emoji to highlight sarcasm.....just in case you run into it, you'll know what it means....

This little sucker....:ph34r:

That's better than the green font...

8 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

That's better than the green font...

I have not been posting as much, but totally impressed with you and this whole new fairly new Wild contingent. Super knowledgeable on your prospects and I love learning about other teams up and comers from posters who know what they are talking about. This site just rocks as far as hockey knowledge in general....really slanted towards Flyer fans, but somewhere around 10 Flyer fans on here have the best sense of humour and sarcasm I've ever encountered. I'm cracked up daily by their wit, which is a nice sidebar, knowing I'm gonna giggle a bit before I even check in...PLUS, no trolling or arguments.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I have not been posting as much, but totally impressed with you and this whole new fairly new Wild contingent. Super knowledgeable on your prospects and I love learning about other teams up and comers from posters who know what they are talking about. This site just rocks as far as hockey knowledge in general....really slanted towards Flyer fans, but somewhere around 10 Flyer fans on here have the best sense of humour and sarcasm I've ever encountered. I'm cracked up daily by their wit, which is a nice sidebar, knowing I'm gonna giggle a bit before I even check in...PLUS, no trolling or arguments.

That's really nice to hear. I am SO glad I found this site. The old Wild site was getting run over by trolls and had little to no moderation. Even if someone got doxxed on there the board moderator did nothing. I tried a few other boards, but they were so anal about playing nice that you couldn't criticize anything or anyone or you got booted.

I'm starting to enjoy myself here lurking on other teams, boards just to see if us Wild fans are hyper-critical of the team or if the team is truly as screwed up as we think...😉

5 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

That's really nice to hear. I am SO glad I found this site. The old Wild site was getting run over by trolls and had little to no moderation. Even if someone got doxxed on there the board moderator did nothing. I tried a few other boards, but they were so anal about playing nice that you couldn't criticize anything or anyone or you got booted.

I'm starting to enjoy myself here lurking on other teams, boards just to see if us Wild fans are hyper-critical of the team or if the team is truly as screwed up as we think...😉

This board is great for many reasons. You can rip on somebody if they post something dumb, many join in even....BUT, the line is drawn at getting personal. You can make fun of the dumb post, just not the poster. Most are polite here, but we are human....if somebody posts something utterly off base, they will be open to sarcasm and playful remarks, but not attacks. It all comes from leadership at the top, 101 runs a tight, but VERY fair ship here. 

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

This board is great for many reasons. You can rip on somebody if they post something dumb, many join in even....BUT, the line is drawn at getting personal. You can make fun of the dumb post, just not the poster. Most are polite here, but we are human....if somebody posts something utterly off base, they will be open to sarcasm and playful remarks, but not attacks. It all comes from leadership at the top, 101 runs a tight, but VERY fair ship here. 

That's good to hear. The old Wild boards were about as leaderless as the team is...

31 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

That's good to hear. The old Wild boards were about as leaderless as the team is...

A lot of us came from this horrid place called philly.com. The posters attacking each other was common place, and the mods thought they were gods....lol. That was well over 10 yrs ago. I had almost 30,000 posts in that ********...lol. This place is basically hockey posting nirvana....all of the good, none of the bad and 99% of the posters are basically polite and civil. For hockey fans seeking knowledge and fun, there is simply no better place that I have seen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Please post throughout the site as topics and conversation interests you, as we are all hockey fans first here.  There are members here who only post in their team's forums, but we really encourage all members to join in or lead conversations of topics throughout the website.   Topic discussion with various viewpoints and perspectives are usually far more interesting imo.  Also, feel free to post a shoutout in the chatbox located on the main Activity page or its own page.  Most hockey news is posted here first before topics are made and depending on how you choose to set your Activity feed it is a page to view the latest posts throughout the site and view our twitter feed which is from of list of informative twitter accounts.

btw, there are two ninja emoticons.  :NinjaLookLeftRight1: and :ph34r: for sarcasm.

4 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

A lot of us came from this horrid place called philly.com. The posters attacking each other was common place, and the mods thought they were gods....lol. That was well over 10 yrs ago. I had almost 30,000 posts in that ********...lol. This place is basically hockey posting nirvana....all of the good, none of the bad and 99% of the posters are basically polite and civil. For hockey fans seeking knowledge and fun, there is simply no better place that I have seen. 

The Wild redid their boards at least twice that I can remember, and people lost tons of posts.  I know I lost about 20K. Crease and Assist I bet lost close to 50K...

That and it was populated with the Wild Cheerleaders who came after anyone who didn't think Mikko Koivu was a hockey god or that every move the team made was golden...

13 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

The Wild redid their boards at least twice that I can remember, and people lost tons of posts.  I know I lost about 20K. Crease and Assist I bet lost close to 50K...

That and it was populated with the Wild Cheerleaders who came after anyone who didn't think Mikko Koivu was a hockey god or that every move the team made was golden...

The board was redone 4 times that I know of. The most posts someone lost was about 22k, and I believe that was Antti.

• Like 1