Today in Wild history .......

pilldoc

On 5/25/2018 at 7:20 PM, pilldoc said:

A fun little topic thread discussing important dates / events in Minnesota Wild history.

The part of the Minnesota Wild history is already started in May,2018 - practically entire Wild Fan Message Board transferred to the HockeyForums.net

because of....

50 minutes ago, Confrontational said:

^^ Interesting...  Thinking about it - there was ZERO moderation over there - so essentially it consumed zero time from their standpoint - yet needed to be shut down...

Yea, what a difficult time it must've been for Kevin logging in maybe once every 6 months :rolleyes:

I am still thinking, that besides zero moderation it was a careful reading by the Wild managing staff, coaching staff and some Wild players of our fans messages, their view and opinions. Multiple criticizing truthful messages by fans regarding our team's performance and a consistent poor playoffs results someone did not like it and made a command to shut it down. I am sure they still will continue to read it , but on our new forum now. They did not lose much. And also troll's 218 factor may be affected their decision too.

@Alexandron LOL not sure if they would consider us fans. As in their minds the Fans should just blindly agree with everything they do and every decision they make and no fan should ever criticize anything they do. Fans should also be the ultimate homers in their view and should always be wearing rose-colored glasses. I also feel that this is why we're stuck with Dumb and Dumber as announcers as they rarely if ever disagree with anything the management/team/players etc do or their performance. I mean anytime Wes Walz does commentary he is at least critical of the teams play and actually provides useful commentary but I am sure management doesn't like that so that's why we rarely have him up there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When the 218'er spammed the board I reported him. Likely several others did too as per what many were saying.

However, unbeknownst to many it was the third time (in the past two years) I contacted someone other than Kevin (went above his head) to complain about the crummy job he did (in so many words.) I was also very kind complimenting his career growth and noting there are plenty of willing volunteers who like on other teams message boards, could assist by moderating it.

Of course that all took place well over a month ago so who knows the exact reason why they closed the board. Maybe it had something to do with it, maybe not. What I do know is the Wild did a horrible job supporting their own board while often saying the NHL was behind it; when it first rolled out... And there were hints certain users were very likely notable radio personalities, former players, etc., and all kinds of other hints that the rumor mill we took hold of was highly accurate.

Looks like the NHL shut down all their message boards even Vancouver's.   Maybe Kevin did you all a favor giving you all a warning as I didn't see one last week on the Sharks or Canucks sites.

Just now, bbgarnett said:

@hf101 Wow yeah maybe he did do us a favor as I was on the Avs board and there was no mention of it and now it is gone. 

I'm kinda bumming I didn't try to spam the remaining boards.  :secret:

1 minute ago, hf101 said:

I'm kinda bumming I didn't try to spam the remaining boards.  :secret:

yeah, it sucks but what can you do when there was no warning of them shutting them down like we had.

Just now, bbgarnett said:

yeah, it sucks but what can you do when there was no warning of them shutting them down like we had.

Indeed.  Although I don't have a ton of followers I can send out a tweet on both of my accounts. 

@hf101 Sure it's not the best looking site but as long as there are mods who care and are willing to do things I think it'll be fine. I mean it get's the job done and you are very active and making sure things are going well that I think it will all iron itself out.

As for tweeting out this site there was an Avs board member who did visit us on occasion so I will messge you her twitter info.

Edited by bbgarnett

4 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I posted a tweet out about the forums.  I also made sure I tagged DJRicky (Wild fans know who I'm talking about) who is a Canucks fan and maybe they'll migrate this way.  Or maybe they won't.   

well, it looks like all the boards are back up again including the wilds so there must have been some sort of glitch or something else that caused them all to go down yesterday. 

Edited by bbgarnett

• 1 month later...

On this Day ( July 4th) 7 years ago the Wild's fanbase rejoiced with landing the two biggest Free Agents in Ryan Sutter and Zach Parise, and all thought the Wild's future was bright...

42 minutes ago, hf101 said:

On this Day ( July 4th) 7 years ago the Wild's fanbase rejoiced with landing the two biggest Free Agents in Ryan Sutter and Zach Parise, and all thought the Wild's future was bright...

It would be nice had the wild gotten a Sutter instead of a lazy Suter. I must have been one of the few not to think the wild's future was bright in having Zach Parise negotiate he and his buddies golden anchor contracts and signing bonuses to circumvent the cap rules.

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

...until we realized it was like getting a tattoo the said "No Regerts"...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2018 at 7:20 PM, hf101 said:

Looks like the NHL shut down all their message boards even Vancouver's.   Maybe Kevin did you all a favor giving you all a warning as I didn't see one last week on the Sharks or Canucks sites.

NHL message board?