Don't share Paul Fenton's phone number with Koivu, Parise or Suter. Though we know he and Suter already know each other quite well - that kind of crap shouldn't be an open door policy.
2. Koivu, Parise and Suter may be the team leaders among their peers but the buck needs to stop there. The difference between an A or a C for that matter, means nothing more than a letter on your jersey. This does not give them an automatic right for more ice time. It also doesn't give them the right to be the first ones off the bench for special teams. Like every coach in the history of the Wild has said, players have to earn the right to more ice time and time on special teams. With this trio (and it included other lame duck veterans over the years) they must earn those extra opportunities just like everyone else; instead of stepping ahead of them.
3. Play as a team. More than anyone on the ice team leaders should know the significance and importance of doing what's best for the team. If that means growing a pair of nads to man-up by recognizing other players who are more capable or willing to be on the ice instead of you... Then drop your ego at the door along with your selfish attitudes.
4. Set your top line with Zucker - Staal - Granlund and for christ sake leave it alone. Set your #2 line with Ek centering Nino and Greenway. Keep it young, leave it young. Put Parise and Koivu on line 3 where they belong along with Coyle. The Wild blew every chance they had to have Haula develop alongside two other young players for his wingers for a long-standing top 2 or 1 line and totally blew it. Don't do it with Ek.
5. Let the head coach coach. Put Dumba alongside Suter and Brodin alongside Spurgeon. Get Seeler and Soucy as much ice time alongside Suter and Spurgeon whenever possible. Make them a stronger 3rd pair instead of replacements or fill-ins.
6. Rest Dubnyk more if you decide to bet your farm on him.
7. Give the C and one of the A's to the blood that anchors this team and already has by carrying the older whiny vets during the past 4 years.
Who wants to bet none of that will happen?
I am fine with virtually all of these tweaks, especially the one about having the 2nd line anchored by Joel Eriksson Ek, along side Nino & Greenway. That makes 100% sense to me; let Kaptain Klydesdale play on the 3rd line where he belongs.
And I also agree we probably won't see many (if any) of these tweaks take place unfortunately.
Fighting isn't as important. Not taking any **** while being bounced around all over the ice is important. They don't need to fight as opposed to simply throwing their bodies around more with harder checks.
The Wild have more candy asses than a circus clown munching on cotton candy.