Who wins the 2018 Conn Smythe Trophy?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the MVP of these Playoffs?

• Marc-Andre Fleury
    • Alex Ovechkin
    • Braden Holtby
    • Evgeny Kuznetsov

This poll is closed to new votes

While Mark-Andre Fleury easily held the early lead to be the Conn Smythe winner the Golden Knights are now facing elimination after three solid wins by the Capitals.  The last player from the losing team to win the Conn Smythe was Jean-Sebastian Giguere from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim in 2003.  Will it happen this year?  Holtby has had a darn good playoffs too including 2 shutouts.  Then there is the much driven Alex Ovechkin with his 26 points and the GWG in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Championship and of course, these playoffs points leader Evgeny Kuznetsov with his 32 points.

Has your thoughts changed on who you think now deserves to be named MVP of these playoffs? 

Who in your opinion will win it this year?

Who wins the Conn Smythe and who deserves it are two separate entities as  you well know.  I agree with @hf101, the early favorite was MAF.  If Vegas somehow wins the next 3 games in a row to claim the Cup, then hands down it is MAF.  However, has he done enough to win if Vegas should lose the series?  That will be a question that will be debated for days after the series is over. 

Has Holtby done enough if they win?  Ovie and Kuznetsov certainly belong in the conversation..  Can we give the award to the coach?  Trotz certainly made the right adjustments to counter Vegas's quick up tempo game.

Assuming the Caps win the series, I'm going with Holtby simply because the way he shut out the Bolts and their high flying offense during the ECF to get the Caps to the SCF.  However, Ovie and Kuznetsov can make really good cases for themselves.

I voted Ovechkin for the same basic reason when Crosby won over Malkin. He's driven in these playoffs and has the whole team playing a team-first game.

Archived