Official HF.net 2018 Mock NHL Draft Order

pilldoc

13 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

It's wrong that I'm laughing, right? 

If it is, I don't wanna be right. I may have a slight concussion however from facepalming myself.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to let everyone know, I'm the 8th pick....I work a 12 hour shift on Monday, from 6pm to 6am....and I'm probably the last person on earth with no cell phone or internet access at work.....so I"ll check all tonight, and I will check tomorrow before I leave, but from 5pm ish Mon to 6:30 am when I get home on Tues morn, it will be a no go unfortunately. Promise to stay on top of things though...and do what I can. 

Just now, bbgarnett said:

@jammer2 Have fun at work if that's even a possibility LOL. Anyways thanks for at least giving us a heads up.

Funny enough, I DO have fun at work....love what I do. Thought a heads up was called for, considering the present state of affairs...LOL!

3 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Funny enough, I DO have fun at work....love what I do. Thought a heads up was called for, considering the present state of affairs...LOL!

Your situation is understandable. However, when people commit to something and then piss off when it's time to participate, it annoys the hell out of me. There were probably others who would have participated and instead, they waste the time of everyone involved. A 12 hour shift though, damn, I don't miss working continentals at all. You poor bastage!!!!

13 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

However, when people commit to something and then piss off when it's time to participate, it annoys the hell out of me

Yeah.

But since neither Habs nor HJ was logged in since mid-Friday afternoon, it's legitimately possible they're unaware we've started.  I, myself, was a little caught off-guard that we were starting right away (a good thing in retrospect!) but saw it early on (have no life, so logged in quite a lot.  :)  )

55 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Your situation is understandable. However, when people commit to something and then piss off when it's time to participate, it annoys the hell out of me. There were probably others who would have participated and instead, they waste the time of everyone involved. A 12 hour shift though, damn, I don't miss working continentals at all. You poor bastage!!!!

I have one tough week (this week) and one easy week. Either I have Wends and Thurs off, or they are the only days I work. It works out to 14 days off a month, but my tough week is Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat and Sun....no life. So, either total freedom or a overwhelming work load...you learn to live with it....plus, every month, a direct change from 6pm/6am to total opposite of 6am/6pm....THAT is tough. 

29 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I have one tough week (this week) and one easy week. Either I have Wends and Thurs off, or they are the only days I work. It works out to 14 days off a month, but my tough week is Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat and Sun....no life. So, either total freedom or a overwhelming work load...you learn to live with it....plus, every month, a direct change from 6pm/6am to total opposite of 6am/6pm....THAT is tough. 

Jesus that's a tough stretch. And yes, the direct change sucks a$$

35 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

plus, every month, a direct change from 6pm/6am to total opposite of 6am/6pm....THAT is tough. 

That's the part that really has to suck.

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I agree 100%.  I switched picks so he could have 'his' team and then we sit and wait. (shrugs)  I get it, we all have lives, jobs etc.  And 12-hour shifts...damn.  Still, I think its only respectable to be ready to go if you know you may have to pick soon.    Just because there is two weeks before the draft shouldn't mean we have to take up all two weeks to finish this thing IMO.  

Brutal shifts all around...damn.  

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

That's the part that really has to suck.

It does, it really does. I switch all at once. Finish my last shift of the rotation, and stay up for 17 straight hours after the shift....go to sleep....done, just like that. 

With the 3rd Overall selection, the Les Habitants du Canadiens are proud to select, from Boston University, Brady Tkachuk.  While there were scoring wingers that were available and very tempting, the chance to draft a franchise cornerstone center for our Top 6 was simply too good to pass up.  By the way, does anyone want to talk about a deal to move Jonathan Drouin?!?!?  I kid....I kid....no seriously, does anyone?  

From ISS: "Physical presence, leadership and ability to play with swagger and jam are the first things you notice in his game.  After that when you analyze the intricacies in his game you are able to see a strong skill set with few glaring weaknesses."     

From ISS:  "Offensively this player lives between the dots and the top of the crease and this is where he is most effective.  You win with guys like this.  I like this player."  

Are we allowed to discuss what ifs? 

Like for example:  we aren't doing trades here (that's not a complaint. It makes complete sense and I'm glad we're not).  But what do people think about the Habs actually using #3?  I ask because they really do need a center and Tkachuk is really probably not a center in the NHL. He'll likely be a winger and probably a pretty good one. And even he, at #3, is not BPA by any stretch. So what are thoughts that they'll actually trade back 5-7 or so positions and try to get something extra out of it and then grab a center? 

(C&A, please don't take as criticism. The pick makes perfect sense to me in this format. Just discussing since real life will have options we don't here) 

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Are we allowed to discuss what ifs? 

Like for example:  we aren't doing trades here (that's not a complaint. It makes complete sense and I'm glad we're not).  But what do people think about the Habs actually using #3?  I ask because they really do need a center and Tkachuk is really probably not a center in the NHL. He'll likely be a winger and probably a pretty good one. And even he, at #3, is not BPA by any stretch. So what are thoughts that they'll actually trade back 5-7 or so positions and try to get something extra out of it and then grab a center? 

(C&D, please don't take as criticism. The pick makes perfect sense to me in this format. Just discussing since real life will have options we don't here) 

I think the Habs will shop the pick.  But I also think Brady Tkachuk could be a decent NHL center.  Will he be a winger, perhaps...I think he gives them a lot of what they need.  

2 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I think the Habs will shop the pick.  But I also think Brady Tkachuk could be a decent NHL center.  Will he be a winger, perhaps...I think he gives them a lot of what they need.  

Everything I have read from McKenzie and Friedman says the Habs are being coy, they are considering moving down as the center they want, Jesperi Kotkaniemi should be available somewhere around 9 or 10. The problem is finding a suitable trade with a team that wants to move ahead of teams like Ottawa, Detroit and Vancouver and still manage to land the guy who they want. It is possible they chose Kotkaniemi with number three and surprise everyone, the same way that CBJ did with Dubois a few years back, a move that is now clearly paying off nicely. It takes a GM who is comfortable in his own skin and with his job to make such a move, something that I am not certain applies with Bergevin. Swing and miss like that you are guaranteed to be the GM of a Quebec Juniors team for the next decade, if you are lucky especially if Zadina and Tkachuk turn into stars......

17 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Yeah, it's certainly not a bad pick and he does.

Pretending they shop, are the Islanders too far back to be an option or are they likely looking more in the Vancouver/Chicago range?  I'm thinking if Lou wants to make a splash, a Zadina or Tkachuk makes him look good to Tavares and Montreal probably gets a pretty good center at one of NYI's picks plus something(s).  And if it is the Isles, does the trade require both #11 and #12?

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Everything I have read from McKenzie and Friedman says the Habs are being coy, they are considering moving down as the center they want, Jesperi Kotkaniemi should be available somewhere around 9 or 10. The problem is finding a suitable trade with a team that wants to move ahead of teams like Ottawa, Detroit and Vancouver and still manage to land the guy who they want. It is possible they chose Kotkaniemi with number three and surprise everyone, the same way that CBJ did with Dubois a few years back, a move that is now clearly paying off nicely. It takes a GM who is comfortable in his own skin and with his job to make such a move, something that I am not certain applies with Bergevin. Swing and miss like that you are guaranteed to be the GM of a Quebec Juniors team for the next decade, if you are lucky especially if Zadina and Tkachuk turn into stars......

Yeah, that's along the lines I'm thinking.  Or if somehow they trade and then don't get Kotkaniemi, they still get a decent consolation prize in Wahlstrom or Hayton.   Does Kotkaniemi play center?  He's listed on most drafts as a RW, which still helps the Habs, but he also wouldn't be the only player listed with one position that actually plays two or even predominantly plays a different position than listed.

Given need, if they do draft at #3, Tkachuk makes the most sense to me.

On 6/10/2018 at 9:17 AM, hf101 said:

We'll will wait no longer...

With the first pick of the Draft the Buffalo Sabres are proud to select from the SHL - Rasmus Dahlin.   There is no doubt that Dahlin is the best two-way defenseman in this draft.  Dahlin has been described as "Lightning in a Bottle" due to his high-end skating, and dynamic stick handling, and the reckless abandon he approaches the game. Dahlin is also won't shy away from the physical game either as he is an accomplished open-ice hitter. His 20 points in U18 play is the best offensive performance by a defenseman in Elitserien history and is the second-best U18 performance of all time.  What more can the Sabres ask for... as Dahlin will be the #1 - d-man on the Sabres for many years and has been compared to the likes of a combination of Drew Doughty and Erik Karlsson.

Dahlin is the consensus No. 1 overall pick at the 2018 NHL Entry Draft, is driven to win and flat-out hates losing. “He has that edge, he wants to win at everything he participates in,” said his current coach, Roger Rönnberg. “He controls the rhythm of the game. He’s so skilled with the puck, and he can be the difference maker in the game.  Welcome to Buffalo!

@AJgoal  you are now on the clock for the 2nd pick for Carolina.

I picked Dahlin.  What the hell is going on?  You never set a time for the start?  But that is my pick regardless

11 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I picked Dahlin.  What the hell is going on?  You never set a time for the start?  But that is my pick regardless

We did set a time for it to start.  You weren't here.  It was pointless to keep waiting for what is an inevitable selection.  

20 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, it's certainly not a bad pick and he does.

Pretending they shop, are the Islanders too far back to be an option or are they likely looking more in the Vancouver/Chicago range?  I'm thinking if Lou wants to make a splash, a Zadina or Tkachuk makes him look good to Tavares and Montreal probably gets a pretty good center at one of NYI's picks plus something(s).  And if it is the Isles, does the trade require both #11 and #12?

I don't see the Islanders looking to swing a deal for the 3rd pick.  Chicago yes.  Vancouver...maybe.  

1 minute ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

We did set a time for it to start.  You weren't here.  It was pointless to keep waiting for what is an inevitable selection.  

Friday.   @Hockey Junkie , I honestly did feel bad about it, but you were on the board since the time was set Friday morning and you were tagged in it.   I'm afraid you have to do a better job of checking your notifications.    Again, though, I am sorry about that.

Archived