Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
pilldoc

Official HF.net 2018 Mock NHL Draft Order

Posted (edited)

Thank God Paul ain't picking the flyers picks .......

wanna go biking ..???

Edited by intheslot
add some letters.. more letters.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

With the 31st pick in the first round, the Washington Capitals select Jett Woo,  defenseman, Moose Jaw (WHL).

I was gonna pick Woo for the Wings until Mcisaac fell. Good pick, solid player, I read quite a lot of him as I think he may be a Wing as we have three picks between picks 30 and 35 and that is the range most project him to go. Two different forecasts compared him to Travis Hamonic, a solidly built hard hitter who is a great 2nd pair defender, probably gonna be a stay at home type but among the best of that type. 

the other reason I didn't draft him is because Jett Woo sounds like a swinging singles airline where you get to join the mile high club with a complete stranger and all the men wear gold medallions and have hairy chests and you need to be careful as all the women might not be really women. No Jett Woo for me.

25 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Thank God Paul ain't picking the flyers picks .......

wanna go biking ..???

I hear biking along Lake Ontario is rather pleasant.   Just watch out for that right turn.

7 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I think he may be a Wing as we have three picks between picks 30 and 35 and that is the range most project him to go

Yes, I think that's where he'll go.   It's not a huge stretch at #31.  Sound pick, @FD19372

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

the other reason I didn't draft him is because Jett Woo sounds like a swinging singles airline where you get to join the mile high club with a complete stranger and all the men wear gold medallions and have hairy chests and you need to be careful as all the women might not be really women. No Jett Woo for me.

LOL  I'd change it to Jett Woo Woo, but that's damn funny.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

This was fun.

LET'S DO IT AGAIN!

(Let's have Buffalo have a pick this time.  I mean it's all good and HockeyJunkie seems to think we actually picked Dahlin for him. But, let's be fair)

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I said it before, but I'll say it again:   If the Flyers walk away from this draft with Kravtsov and Smith, I'll be happier than a pig in [anything from Cracker Barrel].

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

LOL  I'd change it to Jett Woo Woo, but that's damn funny.

Will they play something by the Wu Tang Clan when he scores a goal?

• Haha 1

@FD19372 or maybe they'll scream Wu Wu Wu Kenny Wu mistaking him for Kenny Wu

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, FD19372 said:

With the 31st pick in the first round, the Washington Capitals select Jett Woo,  defenseman, Moose Jaw (WHL).

Woot Woot?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Never change Rick...

Here, let me get you started...The Sabres first pick in the draft, Ulf Dahlin, will be a mix between Jerry Korab and Ryan Miller.. Razmis Dahlin can skate better than Miller though, but can't grow as good a mustache as Korab. I'm not sure if he's an Applebees guy yet, but he's gotta try the coconut crusted halibut if he wants me stalking him for the rest of his life. I saw a writeup on another site that I got kicked off of multiple times that says he's pretty good. Does that mean Korab good, or Miller good? If we had Olly Dayleen against the Flyers we'd have won that cup 4 straight. I hate Brett Hall. The Bills got a pretty good player in the draft though. Oceans Razor, what kind of a name is that? Gobble gobble.

@hf101   Are there any other options for reacting available with the software?  Like, right now we have the laughing reaction.  It's fine if that's all we have, but I'd like to keep that one for "yeah, that's pretty funny. I'm chuckling."  And at least one more designated for "oh my God, FC, I'm sitting here wetting myself and crying!"

13 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

@hf101   Are there any other options for reacting available with the software?  Like, right now we have the laughing reaction.  It's fine if that's all we have, but I'd like to keep that one for "yeah, that's pretty funny. I'm chuckling."  And at least one more designated for "oh my God, FC, I'm sitting here wetting myself and crying!" 

Yes.  The reaction images amount / images can all be customized.  Unfortunately this is a project given to my daughter a year ago, and only 2 are done, they were all to be hockey related.  Free graphic design for this site has has taken a backseat in her priority list especially with her sister's wedding in a couple of months.  I can take this up in a PM if you like as for the specifics needed we can choose a whole new set.  Or if anyone else has ideas I welcome them in a PM.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Yes.  The reaction images amount / images can all be customized.  Unfortunately this is a project given to my daughter a year ago, and only 2 are done, they were all to be hockey related.  Free graphic design for this site has has taken a backseat in her priority list especially with her sister's wedding in a couple of months.  I can take this up in a PM if you like as for the specifics needed we can choose a whole new set.  Or if anyone else has ideas I welcome them in a PM.

I was largely kidding to express how much @flyercanuck's post made me laugh.  The reactions work well for me as is, but we can certainly talk about it.

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Never change Rick...

Here, let me get you started...The Sabres first pick in the draft, Ulf Dahlin, will be a mix between Jerry Korab and Ryan Miller.. Razmis Dahlin can skate better than Miller though, but can't grow as good a mustache as Korab. I'm not sure if he's an Applebees guy yet, but he's gotta try the coconut crusted halibut if he wants me stalking him for the rest of his life. I saw a writeup on another site that I got kicked off of multiple times that says he's pretty good. Does that mean Korab good, or Miller good? If we had Olly Dayleen against the Flyers we'd have won that cup 4 straight. I hate Brett Hall. The Bills got a pretty good player in the draft though. Oceans Razor, what kind of a name is that? Gobble gobble.

...or he could be another Shawn Anderson. 🙄

On 6/13/2018 at 5:35 PM, yave1964 said:

So are you doing a write up about Dahlin or not? Curious what a Sabre fans take is.

You are the only one that really is curious.  I have no place to put a take now.  Its  over and some people are pissed that I did not have a crystal ball to let me know when the mods would say, ITS TIME HJ!  OR BUFFALO RICK.  TIME TO PICK DAHLIN.  Did they think I was going against conventional thinking and going to go against Botterill's certain choice?  I believe that Rasmus and Rasmus will be a great duo, especially on the power play, because I have no idea what scramble brain Houseley is going to do with them on regular shifts if he lasts past next week.  Houseley I mean.