Official HF.net 2018 Mock NHL Draft Order

pilldoc

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

I'm have tempted to skip him. We all know he and the Sabres will pick Dahlin. Just saying.......

I would give him a bit more time. We have two weeks, so... 

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I'm have tempted to skip him. We all know he and the Sabres will pick Dahlin. Just saying.......

Besides, he could surprise us all and pick Olivier Rodrigue first overall. 

3 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

@ruxpin

He does this every year with every draft. Cant we just assume Dahlin for him, it is a no brainer pick and as such is right up his alley.

Are you beginning to understand why I twice asked: "when's the draft?"

I've almost done it a third time, but I didn't think people understood I was being smarmy.

I would wait (and am guessing pilldoc understands why), but understand if going forward is the decision.

Just got a call from Bettman. 

He told me that Buffalo :sabres_color: will lose all its draft picks this year, 

as well as have the sabers portion of its logo 

replaced with salad tongs for five years, if Hockey Junkie 

doesn't draft before 11.59.59 EST tonight. 

Boyfriend was fumin'! :growl:

1 minute ago, More Hockey Stats said:

I'm still vacationing in Florida, but at pace like this I should be able to make both of my picks in comfort after 6/11 Christmas when I am back.

Fixed it. No charge.  It's what I do.

5 minutes ago, More Hockey Stats said:

I'm still vacationing in Florida, but at pace like this I should be able to make both of my picks in comfort after 6/11 when I am back.

3 minutes ago, More Hockey Stats said:

I'm still vacationing in Florida, but at pace like this I should be able to make both of my picks in comfort after 6/11 Christmas when I am back. 

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Fixed it. No charge.  It's what I do.

Ladies and gents: go to Ruxpin for all your 

time-travel vacation needs. Incredible prices and 

speedy service! 🙂 

1 minute ago, thenewestlights said:

3 minutes ago, More Hockey Stats said:

I'm still vacationing in Florida, but at pace like this I should be able to make both of my picks in comfort after 6/11 Christmas when I am back. 

Ladies and gents: go to Ruxpin for all your 

time-travel vacation needs. Incredible prices and 

speedy service! 🙂 

Well, at least @thenewestlights managed to breakwreck the board's code.

3 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

have my cousins Grad party to attend this afternoon/evening but at this rate I highly doubt we get past the top 3 let alone getting to #9.

So did I, where was it at?  I even saw an 2108 NHL prospect at the grad party I was at.  

28 minutes ago, thenewestlights said:

Just got a call from Bettman. 

He told me that Buffalo :sabres_color: will lose all its draft picks this year, 

as well as have the sabers portion of its logo 

replaced with salad tongs for five years, if Hockey Junkie 

doesn't draft before 11.59.59 EST tonight. 

Boyfriend was fumin'! :growl:

Its like when the Vikings got passed up in the NFL draft...the clock ticks down, the 2nd overall pick now is up and Buffalo can make their pick at any time but everyone else can draft...

@CreaseAndAssist mine was in Oakdale so pretty close to me. Didn't see any NHL prospects though.

Also everyone else I will be gone tomorrow for a family day probably from the afternoon to 6 or 7  but will check on my phone and see where we're at and make the pick from my phone if it gets to my turn and the player I/The New York Rangers want is still available. Granted I highly doubt the Rangers keep all three picks and could easily see them trade up to draft a Brady Thachuk. But since we don't do trades, probably better that we aren't anyways I will go with what's available. It's the Rangers so the only position they don't need is Goalie, everything else I'd say is up grabs and can't really see them make a bad choice with anyone at this point.

At this glacial pace...we won't have the first pick of the 2018 draft until 2019.  I know I'm relatively new here, but this is ridiculous.  If you have a mock draft...it should be within a few days at the most.  Just my 2 cents.  

So are we waiting for Junkie for the 2019 draft right now? This is reminding me of my mother in law, I go to her house in June and Christmas stuff is still out, not sure if she is six months late or six months early...….

We'll will wait no longer...

With the first pick of the Draft the Buffalo Sabres are proud to select from the SHL - Rasmus Dahlin.   There is no doubt that Dahlin is the best two-way defenseman in this draft.  Dahlin has been described as "Lightning in a Bottle" due to his high-end skating, and dynamic stick handling, and the reckless abandon he approaches the game. Dahlin is also won't shy away from the physical game either as he is an accomplished open-ice hitter. His 20 points in U18 play is the best offensive performance by a defenseman in Elitserien history and is the second-best U18 performance of all time.  What more can the Sabres ask for... as Dahlin will be the #1 - d-man on the Sabres for many years and has been compared to the likes of a combination of Drew Doughty and Erik Karlsson.

Dahlin is the consensus No. 1 overall pick at the 2018 NHL Entry Draft, is driven to win and flat-out hates losing. “He has that edge, he wants to win at everything he participates in,” said his current coach, Roger Rönnberg. “He controls the rhythm of the game. He’s so skilled with the puck, and he can be the difference maker in the game.  Welcome to Buffalo!

@AJgoal  you are now on the clock for the 2nd pick for Carolina.

With the second pick in the 2018 NHL draft, the Carolina Hurricanes select, from the Barrie Colts of the OHL, Andrei Svechnikov.

This pick is about as no-brainer of a selection as possible as far as best player available, and while Carolina has one of the deepest defensive prospect pools in the league, they need help up front. Svechnikov is a top-notch scorer with the potential to be a star in the NHL. At 6'3, 184 pounds, he has the frame to develop into a very good combination of size and finesse. He has a plus shot, plus speed, and excellent, if underrated vision. He is a threat both with and without the puck, finding the open areas to create opportunities for himself. 

The Montreal Canadiens and @habsguy26 are now on the clock.

2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

This pick is about as no-brainer of a selection as possible as far as best player available,

I completely agree with this statement.  But this is actually the pick I'm really waiting to see, because I'm expecting Waddell to bungle it and go Zadina because of chemistry with Necas (a horrible reason to draft someone, by the way).  The only way I justify (well, not quite justify) a Zadina pick is if they really are planning to move Skinner.

Good pick, sir.

Just now, ruxpin said:

I completely agree with this statement.  But this is actually the pick I'm really waiting to see, because I'm expecting Waddell to bungle it and go Zadina because of chemistry with Necas (a horrible reason to draft someone, by the way).  The only way I justify (well, not quite justify) a Zadina pick is if they really are planning to move Skinner.

Good pick, sir.

Well, Wadell already basically announced Svechnikov as the pick, so unless it's some smokescreen to try to get Montreal to trade up and still get the guy they really want, I don't think he goes another direction.

Archived