LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2018-2019

50 minutes ago, Samifan said:

El Chapo scores in his first game back in the AHL. Young fan heard asking his mother, “mom what’s cocaine?” 

The sad part is it was the only goal.

Phantoms offense is going to suffer without Myers.

They lost last night 2-1.

Without Laberge, Rubtsov, Vorobyev and Varone not much firepower left down there to get the job done.

Reinforcements will arrive towards the end of the year as teams get eliminated from their playoffs.

I hope they are still sitting good by then.

Thanks for the posts and updates!  Hexy had his faults but drafting, esp moving up and getting a frost, tk or even a Ratliffe sp? Seeems to be looking really good.

next season should be the first big wave of high end prospects hitting the ahl.  Exciting times. 5 year rebuild right on schedule 😜

• Like 1

So it looks like it is very possible the Phantoms will get some much needed help tonight.

Pascal Laberge and Sam Morin are suppose to be in the lineup tonight vs. Bridgeport tonight.

So good to see i hope the kids play well and get a win.

I know it's subject to change but its good to see them back.

So here is an example of what the lineup could look like tonight...

10 Carey 14 Knight 22 Conner

24 Twarynski 25 Bunnaman 21 Vecchione

12 Goulbourne 20 Lehtera 13 McDonald

27 Huntebrinker 9 Laberge 19 J. MacDonald

6 Samuelsson 37 Friedman

2 de Haas 43 Brennan

5 Morin 44 Willcox

Goalie: 34 Lyon

(Backup:56 McKenna) 

That is a much better lineup. It will help to ease their way back into the lineup.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

If he was in regular season form, he'd be injured.

Give it time he still has to get undressed and in street clothes...i hope he does stay healthy so they can at least trade him for a 10th round pick.

The good news is Elliott and Neuvy have played their last games in Philly.

• Like 1

That is the right thing to do he has somethings to figure out if he doesn't he could find his way out of Philly.

They have Laberge who will be healthy next year to play center, already have Bunnaman who has been playing well this year.

Rubtsov will be back to maybe play center more likely LW.

But you have Frost and Laczynski are two more center coming in next year too so the center slot will be full not sure where Misha will fit in next year. Phantoms only need 4 centers. Time is running out.

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is the right thing to do he has somethings to figure out if he doesn't he could find his way out of Philly.

They have Laberge who will be healthy next year to play center, already have Bunnaman who has been playing well this year.

Rubtsov will be back to maybe play center more likely LW.

But you have Frost and Laczynski are two more center coming in next year too so the center slot will be full not sure where Misha will fit in next year. Phantoms only need 4 centers. Time is running out.

Something tells me that Vorobyov won't be in the Flyers organization past the trade deadline. I expect he'll be dealt for a draft pick, maybe a 4th so that the Flyers are picking in every round this year.

As for Laberge and Laczynski, they'll be moved to the wing next season. Rubtsov won't get bumped because he's most effective there. As for Bunnaman, I think with his size, it only makes sense that the Flyers continue to develop him into a checking center in the Joel Otto mold, but with better skating. 

Frost should be given the Giroux treatment - send him to Lehigh Valley, let him play 30 - 35 games there and call him up mid-season. I get the Flyers are on a nice run right now, but this is still a DEEPLY flawed club. Team defense is atrocious and there are still players on the big club that have no business being there. It makes zero sense to have Frost center a line if he's going to be surrounded by scrubs and only get table scraps for ice time. 

What's going to be interesting is what's going to happen in Lehigh Valley next year with the influx of talent from junior. That's going to be a good dilemma to face.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Rubtsov won't get bumped because he's most effective there.

I think he can play center or LW...he played well before getting hurt at LW putting up 6 goals and 4 assist from that spot.

I'm cool wherever they put him as long as it's first or second line minutes.

23 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Something tells me that Vorobyov won't be in the Flyers organization past the trade deadline.

If not then maybe at the draft. His work ethic issues are a little alarming at this point...the biggest issue is the Flyers don't have the time or space to waste on a kid to get his sh it together. So yeah he could need a wake up call trade.

25 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Frost should be given the Giroux treatment - send him to Lehigh Valley, let him play 30 - 35 games there and call him up mid-season.

This here depends on what Chuck does this offseason does he do the Ron thing where he brings a vet in and force Morgan to take his spot before he gets a chance hard to say right now.

Maybe he doesn't maybe he gives the kid a look then if he doesn't think he is ready then he goes sign a vet for the 3rd line. Can't say right now i know Cuck's style. He seems not afraid to give the kids a look.

28 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Team defense is atrocious and there are still players on the big club that have no business being there

One of the biggest issue right now with the team is the top line. 

Provorov and Sanheim have not looked so hot in about the last 4 or 5 games.

And it's not Ivan it's mostly Sanheim he is still struggling on his positioning and where he should be in the defensive zone and it is costing them goals.

Not the biggest issue right now why he is learning on the job but when it starts cost them games it may be too late to make a switch...and even if you do who would you put with Ivan??? I really think Ivan and Hagg would make the best top pair right now.

Put Gudas and Sanheim back together and then i would love to see Myers get a chance to get his feet wet. Then once Myers gets a few games i would love to see him on Ivan's right and see how they look.

Provorov/Hagg

Sanheim/Gudas

Ghost/Myers

then

Provorov/Myers

Sanheim/Gudas

Ghost/Hagg

I think that would be the best defense...with Mcdud making the popcorn.

35 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

What's going to be interesting is what's going to happen in Lehigh Valley next year with the influx of talent from junior.

I think you are going to have something like this...

Carey Bunnaman  Allison

Rubtsov  Frost Kase 

Ratcliffe Laczynski Sushko

Goulbourne  Knight Twarynski

Vecchione Varone

Samuelsson Friedman

Bernhardt Hogberg

Brennan de Haas

Schlemko 

31 Sandstrom 

35 Ustimenko

Not sure if they sign Bernhardt and Hogberg but it would be a good time to come over otherwise not much in development pool on the blueline besides Friedman who is really ready for his shot. But i think they at least need 5.

So as you can see not very much room for Vorobyev so he might find himself on the trade block. He has one more year left on his entry level deal so he is a nice asset.

Not sure which of the vets get resigned at forward and defense

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think he can play center or LW...he played well before getting hurt at LW putting up 6 goals and 4 assist from that spot.

I'm cool wherever they put him as long as it's first or second line minutes.

If not then maybe at the draft. His work ethic issues are a little alarming at this point...the biggest issue is the Flyers don't have the time or space to waste on a kid to get his sh it together. So yeah he could need a wake up call trade.

This here depends on what Chuck does this offseason does he do the Ron thing where he brings a vet in and force Morgan to take his spot before he gets a chance hard to say right now.

Maybe he doesn't maybe he gives the kid a look then if he doesn't think he is ready then he goes sign a vet for the 3rd line. Can't say right now i know Cuck's style. He seems not afraid to give the kids a look.

One of the biggest issue right now with the team is the top line. 

Provorov and Sanheim have not looked so hot in about the last 4 or 5 games.

And it's not Ivan it's mostly Sanheim he is still struggling on his positioning and where he should be in the defensive zone and it is costing them goals.

Not the biggest issue right now why he is learning on the job but when it starts cost them games it may be too late to make a switch...and even if you do who would you put with Ivan??? I really think Ivan and Hagg would make the best top pair right now.

Put Gudas and Sanheim back together and then i would love to see Myers get a chance to get his feet wet. Then once Myers gets a few games i would love to see him on Ivan's right and see how they look.

Provorov/Hagg

Sanheim/Gudas

Ghost/Myers

then

Provorov/Myers

Sanheim/Gudas

Ghost/Hagg

I think that would be the best defense...with Mcdud making the popcorn.

I think you are going to have something like this...

Carey Bunnaman  Allison

Rubtsov  Frost Kase 

Ratcliffe Laczynski Sushko

Goulbourne  Knight Twarynski

Vecchione Varone

Samuelsson Friedman

Bernhardt Hogberg

Brennan de Haas

Schlemko 

31 Sandstrom 

35 Ustimenko

Not sure if they sign Bernhardt and Hogberg but it would be a good time to come over otherwise not much in development pool on the blueline besides Friedman who is really ready for his shot. But i think they at least need 5.

So as you can see not very much room for Vorobyev so he might find himself on the trade block. He has one more year left on his entry level deal so he is a nice asset.

Not sure which of the vets get resigned at forward and defense

I think both Hogberg and Bernhardt will be coming over for 2019-2020. As well, there were whispers that Wyatt Kalynuk would be going pro after his season at Wisconsin. And yes, I think Friedman is ready for his shot. He might not get in this year, but I could see him being called up next season for a few games.

I noticed that Laberge was missing from your list. I could see him being moved to the wing and playing alongside Laczynski and Sushko, Ratcliffe being bumped up to the top with Bunnaman and Allison and then Carey on the fourth line to replace Goulbourne, who'll probably be out of the organization completely.

And don't forget that it's possible Farabee might be one and done in the NCAA and could possibly make the jump. There's a plethora of depth that this club hasn't seen since Holmgren was named GM after Clarke resigned. People can say what they want about Bobby, but he left an embarrassment of riches for Holmgren. Hopefully Fletcher doesn't piss away the depth that Hextall left him.

Lines for today's Phantom game...

Twarynski-Vorobyev-Vecchione

Carey-Bunnaman-AubeKubel

Goulbourne-Lehtera-McDonald

Huntebrinker-Swavely-Krushelnyski

Brennan-de Haas

Schlemko-Friedman

Palmquist-Samuelsson

Brian Elliott (Backup: Alex Lyon)

I saw Morin didn't play last night and was worried but looks like it's no big deal...

Is Morin injured again? Didn't play again tonight and Huffman was evasive when asked about him. Anyone hear anything?
- WhirlingDervish

He had cramping/dehydration issues in his first game back and some normal soreness in the knee. Huff said he'll be on the trip and the hope is to get him in the next two games in Charlotte. With all the time he missed -- not just this season with the ACL recovery but also 80 percent of last season -- they are simply being cautious in how he's brought back along.