LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2018-2019

2 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I wonder if Couts is behind this somehow.

The scouts that were there to scout Rubtsov, Bouchard problaly noticed him and then asked his dad who had good input on him.

From  Bill Meltzer .......

2) Hextall elaborated on the injury status of several prospects who are not on the ice in development camp. He confirmed what was long suspected about Wade Allison's right knee injury: it was a torn ACL. The power forward is expected to start his junior season at Western Michigan on time but it is not set in stone as he only recently resumed skating. Tanner Laczynski's injury is an ankle sprain. David Kase's injury is a shoulder issue. Connor Bunnaman's minor surgery on both feet was due to bunionitis.

Went to the late session today. Got some film, I have to see how good it is and then I'll see about getting it on youtube. All the kids were on the same ice, so I couldn't really isolate anyone. Some general observations though:

- Strome's skating is better than I remember it from last year, but that was a pretty low bar.

- O'Brian is pretty fast, and likes to mix it up. Very reminiscent of Konecny in that respect.

- I noted in the O'Brian thread that I noticed him more than Farabee. I realized as I was walking out that that probably meant Farabee was on the other side of the ice from where I was during most of the passing/shooting drills. He did look good when I did get to see him, and he scored a pretty goal over Sandstrom's right shoulder in 3 on 3.

- Twarinski continued to stand out for me. I think I've said good things about him each of the three years I've watched him at DC.

- Frost and Myers were not on the ice.

- Friedman got knocked down at one point in a 3 on 3, managed to guide himself while stickhandling through two defenders and get a shot off on net - all while still on his knees. Really wish I had been filming that go. 

• Like 1

Isaac Ratcliffe is an impressive physical specimen. That reach and soft hands is something you can't teach. Hextall got a steal there. Hopefully he gets a few preseason games in before being sent back for his final junior season.