LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2018-2019

Phantoms win tonight 3-2

Lyon stops 40 of 42 shots for the win.

Goals by Mcdonald, Varon and Vecchione.

Might be time to have Lyon backup Elliott send Pickard packing i haven't been impressed by him this year.

Let Stolie backup Hart.

• Like 1

Welcome back to being one of the Flyers top prospects German Rubtsov...after a couple of less than encouraging seasons (though also injury riddled) he really seems to be developing into the guy Hextall drafted should. 

• Like 3

I watched the Lehigh Valley/Springfield game tonight and Rubtsov is a real gem. I swear it's like watching the Russian version of Patrice Bergeron, except that Rubtsov is a much better skater. There's no wasted play out there, they just go out and perform and they make it look effortless. My hope is that Rubtsov stays the year. Don't call him up. Let him just play and soak in the atmosphere and then have him really push for a spot at next training camp. He's really going to be a great problem for the Flyers next season.

• Like 2

Wow.

Phantoms getting blown out by Charlotte tonight 7-4.

Lyon gives up 6 goals on 35 shots.

Meyers -4.

Goals by Carey, Palmquist, Connor (PP) and Kase.

Edited by OccamsRazor

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow.

Phantoms getting blown out by Charlotte tonight 7-4.

Lyon gives up 6 goals on 35 shots.

Meyers -4.

Goals by Carey, Palmquist, Connor (PP) and Kase.

Rubstov also a scratch last night. I guess Gordon felt that he needed to continue to give ice time to guys like Conner, Carey, Varone, etc.....and sit the young talent he's supposed to help develop. Glad to see 'smart' decision making is working it's way down from the parent club to the farm team.......

9 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Rubstov also a scratch last night. I guess Gordon felt that he needed to continue to give ice time to guys like Conner, Carey, Varone, etc.....and sit the young talent he's supposed to help develop. Glad to see 'smart' decision making is working it's way down from the parent club to the farm team.......

3 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Yeah Ruby was hurt. Otherwise the Russian Bash brothers could have infused some much needed offense into the lineup.

Look like Meyers is still going through some growing pains with his play in his own end.

Good thing he is in the AHL he would be in Hak's dog house anyways and in the press box this kid needs to play to get better.

Under the radar prospect, in the little engine that could category is 3rd liner David Kase...

...who has quietly put up 11 (5 goals 6 assist) points in 11 games this year playing on the 3rd line on his off wing.

I say color me very impressed so far. A good start for the 2015 5th round pick to start his first year of pro hockey.

They lost last night 7-4 to the top team in the AHL right now. No Rubtsov...nothing to hang their head about.

16 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Frost and Ratcliffe looking good.   If Frost can be consistent through the whole year, he should be up next year.   Maybe Ratcliffe in 2020-21

Not sure where they end up but just think next year at least headed to the Phantoms:

Frost

Ratcliffe

Strome

Sushko

Allison

Laczynski

Warren 

Lycksell

Should be added at forward.

Hogberg

Bernhardt

On the blueline

Sandstrom to go with Hart in net.

That is crazy crazy deep like we've never seen.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure where they end up but just think next year at least headed to the Phantoms:

Frost

Ratcliffe

Strome

Sushko

Allison

Laczynski

Warren 

Lycksell

Should be added at forward.

Hogberg

Bernhardt

On the blueline

Sandstrom to go with Hart in net.

That is crazy crazy deep like we've never seen.

Where are we going to stash them all??

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Where are we going to stash them all??

I really have to think the Flyers won't sign them all some like Strome for example might be sent back to junior one more year to work on his skating for example.

Ron has to make all those calls some like maybe Warren won't be signed or traded like he did Marody.

Phantoms take out Charlotte last night 3-2 in OT.

TJ Brennan wins it off a feed from Misha.

Who also scores the 2nd goal (PP) . The other by Varone (PP).

Hart 35 saves on 37 shots.

The good news the Phantoms come back down 4-1 to win 5-4...

...the bad news is Hart got yanked after giving up 3 goals on 7 shots.

From tweets i seen it wasn't his fault he was being left out to dry.

A great read on Hart and his transition to the pros....

“It just takes time. I don’t know how else to put it than that. It’s so difficult,” Lyon said. “If you think he was living with somebody who cooked him all his meals and didn’t have to pay rent, didn’t worry about taking out his garbage at night. You come home and your fridge is stocked. All of a sudden your whole world gets turned upside down. He was the most important player in that franchise (Everett Silvertips) for four years, and then everything is totally different.” 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/alex-lyon-provides-keen-insight-carter-harts-transition-pro-hockey

Enjoy...