LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2018-2019

It's time for a new thread on the prospects.

@hf101 could you please or any mod here unpin the old thread and pin this new one. Thanks.

So i am looking forward to another year and hopefully another good draft to stock the farm even more.

And eventually one more year of getting closer to a Cup for my Flyers.

Not all the kids will make it and some will be traded for other picks or players that maybe are closer to being ready or for even plugging a current hole in the big clubs lineup. Point is you have to have the prospects/picks in the first place before you can even trade them.

Go Flyers!!!!!

Expecting good things in 2018-19!!!!!!!

I guess my first discussion is a guy who projects to a nice power forward for the top 6 once he arrives.

One more year of college should get him ready. Wade Allison.

I think this kid will be the goal scorer the big club lacks right now.

• ruxpin pinned this topic

1)lundestrom...lw.

2) Farabee...lw.

3 Veleno...C

4) Hayton ..C

5) Kotkaniemi...

6) Dobson...

Players that should fit ..  I M O ....I could be wrong ....yea right.

not in any order ....

Edited by intheslot
add on.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, brelic said:

I really like the level-headedness he exudes. Very similar to Provorov, in a sense. 

Standing in line for toilet paper really makes you appreciate the simple things in life...

Image result for standing in line for toilet paper gif

On 6/23/2018 at 10:22 PM, jammer2 said:

Nice in depth Carter Hart article I just found from the PhillyVoice....If Hart makes Philly next year, he will wear #79 apparently. If Leigh Valley, it's #31.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/carter-hart-wants-his-flyers-future-begin-now/

It sounds like the Silvertips play a similar style to the Flyers, and that's exactly what the big club needs to be successful - a goalie who can make the 2nd and 3rd saves to bail out his team that is already going the other way up ice for a scoring opportunity. The team plays like that, but our current goalies can't bail them out.

Carter’s athleticism to get to second and third opportunities instilled so much confidence in our core, because it’s a premium to score goals in this day and age in hockey,” Williams said. “All of the goalies are bigger, faster, bigger gear, and Carter allowed us to get up the ice. Everyone plays such a systematic game that it allowed our guys to cheat up. Everett had its most offensive production in Everett history.

“A lot of that had to do with Carter. We entrusted Carter to bail us out. He saw more odd-man rushes than he did in the past, but that allowed us to score more goals and win more hockey games. Carter gave us the confidence to cheat up, especially with a young defensive corps. I thought it was tremendous that they didn’t have to grip their stick all of the time, because they knew who was back there.

“I think it would definitely be up to Carter to play in the NHL right now. I wouldn’t expect anything different from him. He wants to start his NHL career. With me not knowing the depth chart in Philly right now, the prime spot is the goalie. There is no doubt they want to do what’s best for Carter and the team. Ron Hextall knows what it takes and Carter’s in great hands. Carter wants to make the decision hard for the Flyers, and anyone in management likes to make those hard decisions.”

I saw an interesting comparison between our 2013 prospect pipeline compared to our current pipeline (2017, but I'll add to it). 

Basically, a Homer vs. Hextall pipeline. It's not a comment on the NHL team because Homer did a great job with what he had to keep the team competitive and almost got a Cup out of it. It was just at the expense of sustainability in a cap world.

1. C Scott Laughton
2. D Samuel Morin
3. D Robert Hagg
4. D Shayne Gostisbehere
5. G Anthony Stolarz
6. C Nick Cousins
7. RW Petr Straka
8. LW Tye McGinn
9. C/RW Jason Akeson
10. D Mark Alt
11. LW Marcel Noebels
12. D Oliver Lauridsen
13. LW Taylor Leier
14. D Brandon Manning
15. D Marc-Andre Bourdon
16. LW Kyle Flanagan
17. D Valeri Vasiliev
18. D Frederic Larsson
19. D Reece Willcox
20. LW Tyrell Goulbourne

SKATERS
1. Patrick, Nolan ~ C 
2. Sanheim, Travis ~ LHD 
3. Lindblom, Oskar ~ LW/RW 
4. Myers, Phil ~ RHD 
5. Rubtsov, German ~ C/W 
6. Morin, Sam ~ LHD 
7. Frost, Morgan ~ C/LW
8. Allison, Wade ~ RW 
9. Hagg, Robert ~ LHD 
10. Vorobyev, Mikhail ~ C 
11. Ratcliffe, Isaac ~ LW
12. Laczynski, Tanner ~ C 
13. Friedman, Mark ~ RHD 
14. Laberge, Pascal ~ C/RW 
15. Aube-Kubel, Nicolas ~ RW/LW 
16. Bunnaman, Connor ~ C/LW 
17. Hogberg, Linus ~ LHD 
18. Strome, Matthew ~ LW 
19. Kase, David ~ W/C 
20. Vecchione, Mike ~ C 
21. Cates, Noah ~ LW
22. Bernhardt, David ~ LHD 
23. Leier, Taylor ~ LW 
24. Marody, Cooper ~ C 
25. Lycksell, Olle ~ C 
26. Martel, Danick ~ LW/RW 
27. Sushko, Maxim ~ RW 
28. Fazleev, Radel ~ C 
29. Salinitri, Anthony ~ C 
30. Bardreau, Cole ~ C 

GOALIES
1. Hart, Carter
2. Sandstrom, Felix
3. Stolarz, Anthony 
4. Lyon, Alex 
5. Ustimenko, Kirill
6. Tomek, Matej
7. Fedotov, Ivan

Patrick, Sanheim, Lindblom, and Hagg graduated to the Flyers from that list. 

It also doesn't include Provorov and Konecny who were already on the big team before this list was made.

Add Farabee, O'Brien, Ginning....

That 2013 list is pretty gross, isn't it??

It's like night and day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brelic said:

a goalie who can make the 2nd and 3rd saves to bail out his team that is already going the other way up ice for a scoring opportunity. The team plays like that, but our current goalies can't bail them out.

What is this of which you speak....i have heard of this myth...however i am a Flyers fan and have been left to think that that stuff just doesn't exist....like the Easter bunny and Ol Saint Nick...so you say that there is a chance it could happen....i am ecstatic...who knew that this could help... and not just urban legend...yes Flyers let's have some!!!!!!!!!!

#can'twait

• Haha 1

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flyers-open-2018-development-camp-june-28--philadelphia-flyers/c-299267066

Flyers Open 2018 Development Camp June 28

The Flyers will take the ice for their 2018 Development Camp on Thursday, June 28 at the Virtua Center Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, NJ

Flyers Development Roster.pdf

18 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flyers-open-2018-development-camp-june-28--philadelphia-flyers/c-299267066

The Flyers will take the ice for their 2018 Development Camp on Thursday, June 28 at the Virtua Center Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, NJ

Nice. Correction on Cates - he's a forward, not a defenseman. 

It will be interesting to follow how it goes. I know they say jobs aren't won or lost at development camp, but it's still cool to see the storylines that come out of it, and which of the prospects stand apart from the crowd. 

7 minutes ago, brelic said:

Nice. Correction on Cates - he's a forward, not a defenseman.

Ahh I see that.... I just posted the PDF link from the website.

EDIT... I just saw your post above regarding the Developmental Camp roster.... yeah what a difference between Homer and Hexy .......

Edited by pilldoc

Did that Korosenkov kid get drafted this year?  Thought he was eligible this year again.

Wonder if we will see him invited back.  Some stats from this year:

Regular Season: 63GP 36G 46A 82PTS 46PIMS +33

Playoffs: 14GP 4G 12A 16PTS 16PIMS +2

4 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Thanks.  Didn't see this until now.  Any significance to jersey numbers?  I seem to recall not, but figured I'd ask.

Looking forward to hearing reports on Hart, Frost and Allison in particular.  Myers should dominate.

Edited by vis

19 minutes ago, vis said:

Did that Korosenkov kid get drafted this year?  Thought he was eligible this year again.

No, he did not. There were no invites to camp this year.

37 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

No, he did not. There were no invites to camp this year.

Thanks.  I wonder if he'll catch on elsewhere.  There was such a buzz about him and then he was released.  Put up decent stats this past year and still went undrafted.  

Edited by vis

2 hours ago, vis said:

No all he does is score goals Flyers don't have time for that bro. This is a passing league!!!!! PASS PASS PASS!!!!! :ph34r: