You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

OccamsRazor

LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2018-2019

Phantoms so beat up they can't even ice 4 lines...wow...lose today 2-1 to Baby Pens.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brelic said:

This kid has jumped up in the pecking order for sure. Right behind Sandstrom right now.

He more than likely will spend another year in the SHL before coming over.

Ustimenko has to be right behind him.

However it is time for him to be full time in the KHL and stay out of the MHL.

Then in a year or two he could come over.

Flyers are in great shape when it comes to goalies for the future.

16 minutes ago, brelic said:

This kid could steal the 3rd line center spot next camp.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

This kid could steal the 3rd line center spot next camp.

I don't think he'll need to steal it - I think it's his to lose at this point 👍

He reminds me of TK.  He'll be able to hold his own and stick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Yeah good point.

7 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Hows Bailey?

He scored an assist and scored the tying goal vs. the Sabres AHL club his first game which the Phantoms won.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

He scored an assist and scored the tying goal vs. the Sabres AHL club his first game which the Phantoms won.

So they beat Rochester?  I guess I will check the standings

Amerks still in first in a different division.  Points are close.  I think Bailey might get called up for a look by Flyers only this year?  But who knows?

Edited by Hockey Junkie

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So they beat Rochester?  I guess I will check the standings

Amerks still in first in a different division.  Points are close.  I think Bailey might get called up for a look by Flyers only this year?  But who knows?

He won't be called anytime soon they have too many injuries they played their last game with only 10 forwards.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

He won't be called anytime soon they have too many injuries they played their last game with only 10 forwards.

And Flyers have a winning streak.  Lets both hope Carolina gets beat on this West coast swing.  

20 hours ago, Digityman said:

You're right with Fletcher as the GM it looks like he is more willing to go with the kids and let them learn on the job as opposed to Hextall who would always block them with a vet acquisition and then claim they have to beat the vet out crap.

So yeah this could be the kid's spot to lose....some wicked moves on display...

If nothing else Frost to be the 3rd line center and i think Vorobyev can slot as the 4th line center by next year.

• Like 1

Good to see Alex Lyon (stops 40 of 41) out duels the Capitals future star in Ilya Samsonov in OT 2-1.

Carey scores both goals. Very impressive. Finally got enough guys to ice a full lineup. 4 ECHL guys in the lineup.

Phantoms win 3-2 last night.

Myers with his 8th goal this year gets it started.

Followed by the new kid on the block...

Then Misha to bring it home...

Nice win Hart was the backup to Komm tonight.....where was Lyon?? 

In all my life i have never seen so many fragole goalies before they better bubble wrap Hart...

• Like 1

Lethbridge is in Portland tonight.   Cozens should be available right around where the Flyers pick.  I’ll check back in.  Anyone else  I should be looking at? 

Only one game but not impressed with Cozens. He was good on the dot and was physical but very meh. I could see the raw tools but he is not even close to a Patrick or Seth Jones level of top five pick 

2 hours ago, Claude Monet said:

Only one game but not impressed with Cozens. He was good on the dot and was physical but very meh. I could see the raw tools but he is not even close to a Patrick or Seth Jones level of top five pick 

After reading the scouting reports of all the top prospects, something tells me that if the Flyers fall out of the top 3 and end up with a pick at 4, 5 or 6, Matthew Boldy will be the player they select. It just seems like an organizational fit with him. Good size, great wheels, soft hands, plays a full 200 foot game and has incredible hockey IQ. He's Farabee, but with better size.