LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2018-2019

35 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Frost clearly has nothing left to prove in juniors. It'll be interesting to see how well he makes the jump to playing vs men.

I expect a career pattern similar to Mike Richards to start. I think he'll be a 30 to 35 point guy his first year, maybe a sight bump the second season and then explodes in his third year. 

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I expect a career pattern similar to Mike Richards to start. I think he'll be a 30 to 35 point guy his first year, maybe a sight bump the second season and then explodes in his third year. 

That would be nice. 30-35 pts as a rookie is actually very good. It would put him on par with Patrick in his rookie season.

More than likely Frost would be playing as the 3C though. That's a tough gig to get 30-35 in a rookie season. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I would def be very impressed if he did that. We all should.

If he followed the trajectory you've noted, that would essentially equate him to many top 10 picks, which would make him a definite steal. I hope you're right.

Edited by elmatus

43 minutes ago, elmatus said:

That would be nice. 30-35 pts as a rookie is actually very good. It would put him on par with Patrick in his rookie season.

More than likely Frost would be playing as the 3C though. That's a tough gig to get 30-35 in a rookie season. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I would def be very impressed if he did that. We all should.

If he followed the trajectory you've noted, that would essentially equate him to many top 10 picks, which would make him a definite steal. I hope you're right.

A lot of that will depend on who his linemates are.

Surely it won't be Simmonds on the 3rd next year.

Maybe NAK.

37 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

A lot of that will depend on who his linemates are.

Surely it won't be Simmonds on the 3rd next year.

Maybe NAK.

I can't imagine Simmonds is long for this team. That would be crazy, right?

As far as NAK goes though, that would just be adding a second rookie to the line. Again, I'm not saying it's a bad move, but it's definitely adding even more relative unknowns.

At this point though, what the hell do we have to lose?

6 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I can't imagine Simmonds is long for this team. That would be crazy, right?

As far as NAK goes though, that would just be adding a second rookie to the line. Again, I'm not saying it's a bad move, but it's definitely adding even more relative unknowns.

At this point though, what the hell do we have to lose?

Well it is time to see what NAK can do his entry level contract is up this year he is not waiver exempt next year.

I'm not worried about another rookie on the 3rd line.

He is suppose to very good 5 on 5.

Time to sink or swim.

Good to see Morin rounding into game shape...however i don't want him doing this all the time...

He will help replace the toughness they will lose is trading Simmonds though...

Phantoms don't pick up the scoring there won't be any playoffs for them...they are getting goaltending.

Phantoms need to get some guys back in the lineup.

Edited by OccamsRazor

The Philadelphia Flyers will likely send starting goaltender Carter Hart to the AHL on Monday, according to Dave Issac of the Philadelphia Courier Post. Isaac notes, however, that it will only be a paper move to make Hart eligible for the AHL playoffs, 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ever since they got him a centre who can get him the puck he's been lighting it up.

Much like Frost, it def feels like this guy has nothing more to prove in juniors. It'll be interesting to see if his level of play can carry over to playing vs men the AHL.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Much like Frost, it def feels like this guy has nothing more to prove in juniors. It'll be interesting to see if his level of play can carry over to playing vs men the AHL.

Ratcliffe and Frost needs to be a thing.

But he plays LW and so does JVR... we're left-heavy.

14 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Wait -- are we going to Minnesota for a game?

She's a cold one, eh? Ain't usually much traffic round deez here parts, but ever since dem bullies from down south came up here all high falutin', with their fancy hairdos, I'd say dere's been an uptick of unusual activity at ol' Tom Scrot's farm. 

Dat woodchipper's been churnin' all mornin' long.

Edited by brelic
  • Haha 1

Ersson it look like you are ready for the next step next year....the SEL...finish strong this year...

The future of the net look to be in good hands.

If Ustimenko doesn't come over to play with Sandstrom he needs to step to the KHL for sure. He is ready.

The left wing is going to be incredibly deep. Besides Ratcliffe, don't forget about Farabee either, who has 29 points in 32 games at Boston University. He's leading the team in scoring as a freshman and could possibly make the jump at the end of the season. Add in Lindblom and the Flyers are in great shape on the left side youth wise. 

The right side is a little more dicier. There's Wade Allison and NAK, but not much else after that. There's Jay O'Brien, but he's been a MAJOR disappointment at Providence College. I suppose that they'll move Tanner Laczynski to the wing, but something tells me the Flyers might just use him as a package in a trade. With the position that the Flyers are in with regards to the draft, Arthur Kaliyev from Hamilton of the OHL might just be the guy they should select. Not only is he a need, but he's also the best available talent in that slot. 

And don't forget that center is also loaded with Frost, Rubtsov and Patrick. 

Honestly, I've never seen forward depth like this before at the prospect pipeline.

10 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The right side is a little more dicier. There's Wade Allison and NAK, but not much else after that. There's Jay O'Brien, but he's been a MAJOR disappointment at Providence College. I suppose that they'll move Tanner Laczynski to the wing, but something tells me the Flyers might just use him as a package in a trade. With the position that the Flyers are in with regards to the draft, Arthur Kaliyev from Hamilton of the OHL might just be the guy they should select. Not only is he a need, but he's also the best available talent in that slot. 

LWer, no? That's what he played when I've seen him.

Really good player but skating isn't his best asset.

• Like 1