Jump to content
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

OccamsRazor

LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

 

LWer, no? That's what he played when I've seen him.

Really good player but skating isn't his best asset.

 

He's a right winger with a left shot, but can play the left side as well. As for his skating, he's no burner, but he's certainly no slouch either. His skating is deceptive. First step acceleration isn't the strongest, but he gets up to speed quickly. A little bit of leg work will be required, but the skating is easily corrected. I like that he's still 17, only turns 18 a few days before the draft and has some skill and snarl to his game. He's also a shooter, something the Flyers desperately need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Phantoms are really struggling and are in danger of not making the playoffs.

 

They got crunched  last night 4-0 by the Crunch.

 

Lyon gave up 3 goals on 24 shots. Gave up 3 5 0n 5 goals and an empty netter.

 

Phantoms are sitting 12th out of 16 teams in the East.

 

I see ol Cocaine Cowboy was an awesome -3.....dude even sucks in the AHL.

 

It would have been nice for some of the kids coming in when their seasons are over to get some playoff experience in the AHL.

 

That is pretty much not going to happen now it seems. Ok it's not over they are 5 points outside the last spot with a game in hand.

 

It is just not with Varone, Knight, Morin and Myers up them are just missing some key pieces.

 

They have a chance still but they have to start winning.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lehigh Valley is a great example of what happens when you don't have a succession plan in place. We're seeing the team fall through the cracks and the team is being exposed for how poorly they've done in terms of player development. This is why the Flyers really need to hire new coaching staffs in both Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley that has a focus on player development and system structure. I can't wait until they start cutting dead weight and begin to fix this mess.The players aren't the problem - the lack of structure and development is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Lehigh Valley is a great example of what happens when you don't have a succession plan in place. We're seeing the team fall through the cracks and the team is being exposed for how poorly they've done in terms of player development. This is why the Flyers really need to hire new coaching staffs in both Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley that has a focus on player development and system structure. I can't wait until they start cutting dead weight and begin to fix this mess.The players aren't the problem - the lack of structure and development is.

 

A nice influx of talent arriving by next year will help in this manner....however the whole coaching staffs on both clubs need a clean sweep and reboot.

 

I hope and pray it starts this offseason. One system, one plan. Implement this and then it will be just the need to execute it. Do this and the winning ways will return quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hell of a find before Hextall left...but truly the credit has to go to his scouts...

 

 

In 55 games he has 10 goals and 41 assists for 51 points. Not bad for an undrafted free agent.

 

For comparison's sake Myers, after he was found and signed to an entry level contract he put up in 63 games 17 goals 28 assist for 45 points. 

 

So it's one more year of junior for the kid next year.

 

 

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the Phantoms bounce back and win a game 3-1 over Utica.

 

Mckenna stopped 38 of 39 shots. Carey score 2 goals and Bailey got the other one.

 

 

Goulbourne was pissed after Bailey was shoved into the boards after the empty net goal. Goul wanted em all!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2019 at 8:41 AM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

 

He's a right winger with a left shot, but can play the left side as well. As for his skating, he's no burner, but he's certainly no slouch either. His skating is deceptive. First step acceleration isn't the strongest, but he gets up to speed quickly. A little bit of leg work will be required, but the skating is easily corrected. I like that he's still 17, only turns 18 a few days before the draft and has some skill and snarl to his game. He's also a shooter, something the Flyers desperately need.

 

 I'd only seen him a few times but he was playing the left side each time. Ya, I wouldn't call his skating bad or anything, he's just not quick. Great shot though, as you said. Putting up some very good points as a 17 year old...50 g..closing in on 100 points. Impressive for someone who hasn't been drafted yet.

 

 What do you think of Suzuki? The guy shows flashes of brilliance...but not all the time.(check his goal from last night)  He seems to me like a guy who may turn into a steal later on in the 1st. 

Edited by flyercanuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

 

 I'd only seen him a few times but he was playing the left side each time. Ya, I wouldn't call his skating bad or anything, he's just not quick. Great shot though, as you said. Putting up some very good points as a 17 year old...50 g..closing in on 100 points. Impressive for someone who hasn't been drafted yet.

 

 What do you think of Suzuki? The guy shows flashes of brilliance...but not all the time.(check his goal from last night)  He seems to me like a guy who may turn into a steal later on in the 1st. 

 

I like Suzuki. He's faster than his older brother Nick and plays on a bad team in Barrie and is putting up real solid numbers. 

 

He's a Frost-like player and you can never have enough talent like that. Suzuki is also 6'0, 170 pounds, so there's still some growth to him. If he tops out at 6'1, 6'2 and 190 pounds, perfect. Especially when you factor in the speed.

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this kid will eventually make someone expendable...guess we'll see when he arrives in a year or two...

 

 

I think he will get to about 6-4 215 eventually when he fills out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

 

I like Suzuki. He's faster than his older brother Nick and plays on a bad team in Barrie and is putting up real solid numbers. 

 

He's a Frost-like player and you can never have enough talent like that. Suzuki is also 6'0, 170 pounds, so there's still some growth to him. If he tops out at 6'1, 6'2 and 190 pounds, perfect. Especially when you factor in the speed.

 

I go to a lot of Colts games. He's dropped a lot in the draft from where I thought he'd go at the start of the season...but he shows a lot of potential. Plus Barrie is rebuilding and he's carrying most of the load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think this kid will eventually make someone expendable...guess we'll see when he arrives in a year or two...

 

 

I think he will get to about 6-4 215 eventually when he fills out.

 

Might help soften the blow from losing a defenseman in the expansion draft.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, brelic said:

 

Might help soften the blow from losing a defenseman in the expansion draft.

 

 

 

We can fault Hexy for a number of things, but his staff's ability to find and draft talented players was truly remarkable. We obviously don't know how they'll all pan out, but it does appear like an embarrassment of riches in lower leagues if nothing else. Let's hope whatever scouting staff was involved in all that is kept and allowed to continue their work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, brelic said:

 

Might help soften the blow from losing a defenseman in the expansion draft.

 

 

 

Yeah i really hate the rule where junior teams get the kid back and the team who owns his rights can't assign hi where they think he sure play. I think he could benefit by playing in LV next year but he'll have to go back to juniors. I just wish the team has an option.

 

Not that big a deal as long as he continues to trend upwards.

 

Strange that SHL prospects don't have the same right...they can come over early and their entry level contracts get to slide for a year or two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phantoms beat WBS Pens 3-1 last night.

 

Guess who got his first AHL goal.

 

LehighValleyPhantoms (@LVPhantoms) Tweeted:
Last night, #LVPhantoms forward Pascal Laberge (@pascallaberge) scored the first goal of his professional career! Here’s to many more, Pascal! 🚨

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Which was the game winner.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phantoms beat Checkers last night 3-2.Two goals by Vex.

 

One the game winning goal was a shortie. 

 

Alex Lyon stops 32 of 34.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Veccihone hasn't got much of a chance with the Flyers do they have a chance of signing any of the top college free agents?

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Thoughts.

 

I think they should try to lure some for some depth on the Phantoms at least on defense.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Since Veccihone hasn't got much of a chance with the Flyers do they have a chance of signing any of the top college free agents?

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Thoughts.

 

I think they should try to lure some for some depth on the Phantoms at least on defense.

 

 

 

I'm not sure the Flyers need any more defenders, especially if Hogberg and Bernhardt come over and Kalynuk leaves college. Add in Friedman, Willcox, Brennan, De Haas, etc....and the Flyers have enough defenders. And just think, after next year, it's possible that Ginning, St. Ivany, and Wylie will more than likely be onboard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

 

I'm not sure the Flyers need any more defenders, especially if Hogberg and Bernhardt come over and Kalynuk leaves college. Add in Friedman, Willcox, Brennan, De Haas, etc....and the Flyers have enough defenders. And just think, after next year, it's possible that Ginning, St. Ivany, and Wylie will more than likely be onboard. 

 

I don't know if those guys are coming over or not. But Friedman will be subject to waivers next year his entry level is up.

 

De Haas it might be time to move on from.

 

You can never have too many prospects.

 

I think Kalnyuk stays in school.

 

They should be getting Wylie though to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

4 point night for Wade.

 

 

Edited by OccamsRazor
Phantoms can use this kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, hf101 said:

 

 

Wow. Wow. What a dumb move. He needs to be suspened for that type of stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, hf101 said:

 

 

Now with a limited view of that it depends a lot on if this was a check that rode up his arms into his face or a check straight to the face with the latter one being much much worse....i would like to see the whole play before i pass judgement but it could be bad for him and cost him the scoring title in the OHL now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Hidden Content

      Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
     

    Hidden Content

      Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
     
With two goals tonight, Isaac Ratcliffe has hit the 50-goal mark for the season!

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 
  • Hidden Content

      Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
     

    Hidden Content

      Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
     
Isaac Ratcliffe collected three points (2g, 1a) in Guelph's 5-2 win tonight. Tomorrow will be his final regular season game.

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 5
      Post
      I found this translated interview with Vorobyev posted on HF Boards. Very interesting insight into him as a player and the Phantoms / Flyers organization on how they handle incoming players. Hidden Content Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.     I came across this interview with Mikhail Vorobyev in Михаил Воробьёв: «Если бы в «Салавате» предложили миллионы, я бы всё равно не остался» and
    • 4
      Post
      Wisconsin hockey fan - the Flyers got a steal in getting Wyatt Kalynuk in the 7th round in 2017. Defenseman that has some special skating and passing skills. He is fantastic on the power play and as a distributor - controls play while on the ice. Has a nice hard wrist shot from the point that is almost always on net. Through six games he has 4 goals and 5 assists for the Badgers. Really fun player to watch. He still needs to improve his strength but he is a difference maker with the puck. At wor
    • 3
      Post
      Welcome back to being one of the Flyers top prospects German Rubtsov...after a couple of less than encouraging seasons (though also injury riddled) he really seems to be developing into the guy Hextall drafted should. 
    • 3
      Post
      I couldn’t believe of how good a skater he is when I saw him in Portland. Does everything well. My excitement level went from 5 to 8. 
    • 3
      Post
      Trade him, his value will never be higher!
    • 3
      Post
      Other than Ghost...the entire Flyers defence may well end up being Hextall draft picks/UFA juniors by the time it's all said and done.  
×
×
  • Create New...