LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2018-2019

On 4/3/2019 at 6:25 PM, OccamsRazor said:

What a waste of him staying one more year in the SHL on his entry level contract and only playing in a total 19 total games.

Terrible...i wonder if the Flyers would have known that would they just brought him over.

It wasn't the Flyers' decision - it was Sandstrom's. He was quoted after last year saying the season hadn't gone how he hoped and he hadn't progressed the way he wanted, so he chose to stay in Sweden another year.

1 minute ago, brelic said:

It wasn't the Flyers' decision - it was Sandstrom's. He was quoted after last year saying the season hadn't gone how he hoped and he hadn't progressed the way he wanted, so he chose to stay in Sweden another year.

Yeah he dealt with injuries and I think he expected to play more with HV-71 he had just lost to them the year before and they won the SHL title, i get it he wanted to win it all over there before coming over.

Regardless he should have a solid squad in front of him for next year.

I'm a little concerned with the defense in front of him as there will be no Sanheim, Myers or even maybe Frideman in front of him.

In fact I don't know what Fletcher plans on doing for some defensive prospects next year.

I think they will sign Wyatte Wylie and that may be it as far as drafted prospects to play in LV.

Unless they plan on adding some undrafted free agents to a AHL deal or something.

Hhhhhhmmmmmm....ok....

It is one reason why i am weary of drafting college players they could both leave and the Flyers get nothing for them.

If nothing else they should Cooper Marody them and trade their rights for something.

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hhhhhhmmmmmm....ok....

It is one reason why i am weary of drafting college players they could both leave and the Flyers get nothing for them.

If nothing else they should Cooper Marody them and trade their rights for something.

That's true... I wonder what percentage of college draftees outside of the 1st round actually make the NHL? 

In the case of Marody, I guess it made sense at the time, but he's 18th overall in AHL scoring and much better than any prospect we have in our system. And he's right handed, which we could use on the wing. 

But will he pan out at the NHL level? I'm guessing if he plays with McDavid and Draisatl, he'd be decent for that reason alone. Not sure where he projects. 

Edited by brelic

11 minutes ago, brelic said:

That's true... I wonder what percentage of college draftees outside of the 1st round actually make the NHL? 

In the case of Marody, I guess it made sense at the time, but he's 18th overall in AHL scoring and much better than any prospect we have in our system. And he's right handed, which we could use on the wing. 

But will he pan out at the NHL level? I'm guessing if he plays with McDavid and Draisatl, he'd be decent for that reason alone. Not sure where he projects. 

They are both juniors, so by the CBA rules since they both attended a development league (USHL) the could both opt to skip since the have completed their junior years and become free agents this August 15th.

I they want too.

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

They are both juniors, so by the CBA rules since they both attended a development league (USHL) the could both opt to skip since the have completed their junior years and become free agents this August 15th.

I they want too.

Not Marody... Edmonton signed him to an ELC through 2021-2022.

29 minutes ago, brelic said:

Not Marody... Edmonton signed him to an ELC through 2021-2022.

No I was talking about Allison and Laczynski.

They can both sign with another team come August 15th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No I was talking about Allison and Laczynski.

They can both sign with another team come August 15th.

Deal them. Just get them out and get something worthwhile for them. It makes no sense to keep them around. If they wanted to be in Philadelphia, they would have signed. Just goes to show that some guys don't like the idea of competition and want everything handed to them. Move them to an Arizona or Edmonton or Buffalo, aka perennial losers.

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Deal them. Just get them out and get something worthwhile for them. It makes no sense to keep them around. If they wanted to be in Philadelphia, they would have signed. Just goes to show that some guys don't like the idea of competition and want everything handed to them. Move them to an Arizona or Edmonton or Buffalo, aka perennial losers.

I agree sad they would rather go back to college instead of coming to LV to compete.

13 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Deal them.

So in Allison's case when he was a sophomore as a U19 forward he was #1 in the nation before his injury Laczynski was #5.

So do you let him improve his stock during the next get back in the Hobey Baker maybe even win it and THEN try and trade him (them).

I say that is when i try and trade his rights...maybe package him in a deadline deal or maybe at next years draft.

This past year he was 82nd as a U22 player.

So which would have ore trade value trading the 82nd ranked player now or possibly trading the top ranked player later.

This is why i hate drafting college players it would suck to lose a 2nd round pick for nothing.

Who knows maybe they have seen guys toil away in the AHL and not really be given a chance to advance and maybe that has soured them on having a chance in Philly.

They know these guys like Friedman, NAK and Vecchione play and not even get much of a chance to prove themselves at the next level. I'm not sure but it could be part of it.

Point is i would like them to at least trade these kids and get something for them. 

Who knows maybe Wade wants to play for his hometown Jets.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I think when Mark Frideman gets his chance next year he is going to make someone on the blueline expendable.

I think he is perfect for a bottom pair who can play up in the lineup.

He just needs the chance. Love they simple play he makes above nothing flashy but just gets it done.

Edited by OccamsRazor

On 4/9/2019 at 4:27 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

It's official now.

Seems they want to go the free agent route to decide where they want to sign so fine if i am Chuck i would trade both of their rights at the draft.

It is one of two things they want to play somewhere else or they don't want to have to come to LV and fight with others for spots in the lineup.

This just hurts the college ranks makes team fear spending a high draft pick on them like the 2nd that was spent on Allison.