LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2018-2019

• 2 weeks later...

So are the Flyers not going to offer Brendan Warren a contract before the August 15th deadline or do they have to sign him by the end of June i can't remember he was part of the Nick Cousins trade with Arizona along with Merrick Madsen?

I know some are going to say why is he going to play in BCHL it is so he doesn't have to sit out a year.

So when next year is over he will still have 3 years of eligibility to play college hockey.

And yes he could just play in the CHL for some junior club but hey the kid wants to go to college.

I'm good with it seem where he is at in 3 years. I bet he only plays two years of college hockey.

20 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I know some are going to say why is he going to play in BCHL it is so he doesn't have to sit out a year.

So when next year is over he will still have 3 years of eligibility to play college hockey.

And yes he could just play in the CHL for some junior club but hey the kid wants to go to college.

I'm good with it seem where he is at in 3 years. I bet he only plays two years of college hockey.

He should have went to Boston University to begin with. O'Brien is the one guy who I really think is going to end up that dreaded b word. Hated the puck then, hate it even more now. Still wish Veleno or Kupari was the pick. 

42 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

He should have went to Boston University to begin with. O'Brien is the one guy who I really think is going to end up that dreaded b word. Hated the puck then, hate it even more now. Still wish Veleno or Kupari was the pick. 

They never offered from what I read.

13 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Still wish Veleno or Kupari was the pick. 

Yeah i have to agree now with the way it looks but i am not giving up on the kid we'll see in a few years.

Several NHLers have played for Penticton in the past including Duncan KeithRyan JohansenTroy StecherDante FabbroTyson Jost, Kyle Cumiskey, Zac Dalpe, and Curtis McKenzie. Penticton finished first in the BCHL’s Interior Division this past season with a record of 37-16-5 before losing in the first round of the postseason.

So we'll see how this will turn out first thing he needs to do get healthy get stronger and faster and just work out his game and prepare to have a good return to the college ranks.

Getting his confidence back will help a lot. Kid has some nice tools in the toolbox.

Some good hands and some pretty good speed. I think he will top out about 6-0 195 he won't be 20 till november.

Still room to grow.

I think this is the one kid who will certainly be chalked up as a miss...

. Matej Tomek has left North America to go back to his native Slovakia. He has signed with

in top tier. Good chance to get career back on track in an okay pro league. Signed as backup for Michal Valent... who played too many games last year arguably.

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think this is the one kid who will certainly be chalked up as a miss...

. Matej Tomek has left North America to go back to his native Slovakia. He has signed with

in top tier. Good chance to get career back on track in an okay pro league. Signed as backup for Michal Valent... who played too many games last year arguably.

I think his bad knee (?) injury at a key point in his life (19?) really derailed him and he never recovered. Too bad. 

39 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I think his bad knee (?) injury at a key point in his life (19?) really derailed him and he never recovered. Too bad. 

Really I wasn't aware of a knee injury.

48 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Really I wasn't aware of a knee injury.

It was a groin. required surgery. By the time he came back he had lost the starter position, appeared in only 2 games with UND in two years. So his development was basically stymied. It's tough.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:54 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah i have to agree now with the way it looks but i am not giving up on the kid we'll see in a few years.

Several NHLers have played for Penticton in the past including Duncan KeithRyan JohansenTroy StecherDante FabbroTyson Jost, Kyle Cumiskey, Zac Dalpe, and Curtis McKenzie. Penticton finished first in the BCHL’s Interior Division this past season with a record of 37-16-5 before losing in the first round of the postseason.

So we'll see how this will turn out first thing he needs to do get healthy get stronger and faster and just work out his game and prepare to have a good return to the college ranks.

Getting his confidence back will help a lot. Kid has some nice tools in the toolbox.

Some good hands and some pretty good speed. I think he will top out about 6-0 195 he won't be 20 till november.

Still room to grow.

I don't have a problem with a guy playing in the BCHL...I do have one with a guy going there in his draft +2 season. That said, the guy clearly needs a boost in his confidence, and if he can't get it going backwards in level of competition he never will. 

I'm with you, hoping this isn't already a bust. It sure is looking like it, but it's way too early to call it.