LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2018-2019

So is it an organizational philosophy thing with the Flyer giving up 5 goals a game thing??

They do know they are allowed to play defense.

Phantoms lose to WBS Pens 5-4.

Hart gives up 5 goals on 33 shots. Went 3 for 4 on the PK.

LV scores half their goals on the PP 2 for 4.

New comer Philip Samuelsson went -3 for the game.

Goals by Vecchione, Meyers, Brennan and Carey.

Some questionable calls in the game it seems.

A scrum ensues and only a Phantom is going to the box. Where have we seen this before.

So now we get to see what Hart is made of now finally getting to see what it is to struggle.

What does this do to him??

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So now we get to see what Hart is made of now finally getting to see what it is to struggle.

What does this do to him??

It teaches Hart how to deal with adversity. This is probably the best thing that will happen to him in his pro career. He'll watch some video, figure things out and readjust. I'm sure Dillabaugh will work with him and you can bet Hart is talking to his sports psychologist.

• Like 1

Not make excuses. They lost the game they should have won. Somehow they looked just like their parent club! Watched the entire game. It was far and away the worst refereed game I have seen in a long time. It's unbelievable, but the officiating is much worse in the AHL than the NHL.

Lyon is the forgotten one.  Hart gets all the accolades and news.  But Lyon has had decent numbers especially thought the end of last year and starting this year.  I'd like to see him come up next week and let's see what he can do over 3-5 games.    Give him the west road trip games and see if he can catch on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brelic said:

Hart, 4.28 GAA, .865 sv%

Stolarz, 4.34 GAA, .851 sv%

Lyon, 3.01 GAA, .933 sv%

Rough start for Carter and Anthony.

Yeah most of that is bloated by giving up 6 power play goals in 7 tries in one game....so the Phantoms crazily are a direct reflection of their parent club...suck on the PK and can't guy a goal when they are up a man.

Although their PP did much better last game the damage stat wise has already been done....they HAVE to get better.

Their PK% is 66.7%........given up 9 goals on 27 penalties! Worst (31st) in the whole AHL!!!!

https://theahl.com/stats/standings?specialteams=true&standingstype=league&context=overall&season=61&sortkey=penalty_kill_pct&league=4

At least they haven't given up a shortie yet.

Scored 7 goals on 31 man advantages(22.5%). 3rd out 8 teams in the division.

That said the biggest PKer is your goalie and they must be better.

So Gordo has his work cut out for him the good news is he has a lot of talent to work with.

If he can't get it done might be time to clean out the whole club!!!

49 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Nice prospect update......

Ratcliffe was named captain of the Storm this season. Not only is he scoring, but he's playing a more physical game which is what he really needed to do to become a better prospect.

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ratcliffe was named captain of the Storm this season. Not only is he scoring, but he's playing a more physical game which is what he really needed to do to become a better prospect.

Good to hear he needs to use that God given size to his advantage...this should be his last year of junior i hope he makes the most of it.

Wisconsin hockey fan - the Flyers got a steal in getting Wyatt Kalynuk in the 7th round in 2017. Defenseman that has some special skating and passing skills. He is fantastic on the power play and as a distributor - controls play while on the ice. Has a nice hard wrist shot from the point that is almost always on net. Through six games he has 4 goals and 5 assists for the Badgers. Really fun player to watch. He still needs to improve his strength but he is a difference maker with the puck. At worst, I think the Flyers will have a nice QB for their power play in the future but he could be much more than that.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, badgerbk said:

Wisconsin hockey fan - the Flyers got a steal in getting Wyatt Kalynuk in the 7th round in 2017. Defenseman that has some special skating and passing skills. He is fantastic on the power play and as a distributor - controls play while on the ice. Has a nice hard wrist shot from the point that is almost always on net. Through six games he has 4 goals and 5 assists for the Badgers. Really fun player to watch. He still needs to improve his strength but he is a difference maker with the puck. At worst, I think the Flyers will have a nice QB for their power play in the future but he could be much more than that.

:welcome:

Nice first post and we look forward to more. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, badgerbk said:

Thanks for the report...it's appreciated. Though I'm not so sure he's ever going to pry Ghost off his roost as the pp qb, especially when he's got Sanheim and Provorov in his way as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, badgerbk said:

Thanks for taking the time to give us a scouting report.

So could we see him in the Hobey Baker running??? Sure way to early to say....just a question.

I think he is a sophomore this year too??

Can also use D men who can move the puck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Thanks for taking the time to give us a scouting report.

So could we see him in the Hobey Baker running??? Sure way to early to say....just a question.

I think he is a sophomore this year too??

Can also use D men who can move the puck.

Kalynuk is a sophomore that stepped right in last season as a freshman and played big minutes. He needs to get stronger for the next level so he is still a couple of years away from the Flyers. However, his puck skills are fantastic and he has a great assistant coach in former NHL defenseman Mark Osiecki to mentor him. Wisconsin is loaded with NHL draft picks on defense - Ranger NHL 1st round pick K'andre Miller plays on the first power play unit with him.

I'm not sure he will be a candidate for the Hobey Baker - Wisconsin is a very young team and they will need team success for him to get that kind of notice. Of course, if he can maintain the scoring pace he has had to start the season he could be part of that conversation.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, badgerbk said:

I'm not sure he will be a candidate for the Hobey Baker

I can see Flyers forward prospect Tanner Laczynski winning it this year.

He is off to a good start 5 point (2 goals 2 assists) in 5 games.

However a lot can change over the course of the year.

Tied up 3-3 about to go to OT....

Ruby with the shortie...set up by Misha...

MISHA TIME!!!

Nice come back to earn a point. Now go get the other one!!!!!

KmBrBRW.gif

Edited by OccamsRazor