LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2018-2019

2 hours ago, fan4ever said:

@OccamsRazor 

Nice insight!  Thanks for sharing the article!!!

Phil Myers’ game will have to change a bit to make it to the NHL

Nhl Preseason New York Islanders At Philadelphia Flyers

https://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2018/11/21/phil-myers-game-change-nhl-philadelphia-flyers-ahl-lehigh-valley-phantoms/2070728002/

“Obviously I was a little disappointed, but I know I’ve got a lot more in me so some of that stuff’s on me,” Myers said. “I gotta take responsibility. I can’t just be pissed off coming down here. There’s a reason I got sent down and just have to get some things together here, round up my game a little bit. I’m sure my time will come.”

Enjoy........

Just now, pilldoc said:

I have no idea who this kid is.... can someone please enlighten me?

He was a camp invite this past summer and impressed so much he earned a entry level deal kind of just like Philip Myers did.

Went undrafted like Meyers.

He is off to a great start this year 3 goals 14 assist in 26 games.

I guess Hextall's last steal...sadly.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/398138/yegor-zamula

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

He was a camp invite this past summer and impressed so much he earned a entry level deal kind of just like Philip Myers did.

Went undrafted like Meyers.

He is off to a great start this year 3 goals 14 assist in 26 games.

I guess Hextall's last steal...sadly.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/398138/yegor-zamula

Thanks OC! Appreciate the info.... 

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Thanks OC! Appreciate the info.... 

You bet.

Kid was impressive the games i saw in the preseason. In fact he was more composed i thought than Meyers.

If you happened to miss the games Zamula participated in this week, here is a pretty accurate scouting report via Ryan Pike of The Hockey Writers back in May:

“While his time with the Hitmen hinted at a higher offensive ceiling than he showed with the Pats, Zamula was consistently a smart, responsible two-way defender. If nothing else, he’s a reliable meat-and-potatoes defender. He showed a willingness to jump into the rush to create offense with the Hitmen, the offensive side of his game remains under-developed and lacks dynamism. (Case in point: the only times he turned over the puck was occasions where he jumped into the rush and over-handled the puck trying to force a pass or shot.) He also struggles at times against fleet-footed attackers, but generally he can rely on his smarts and positioning to anticipate attacks and aid his goaltender in defending.”

• Like 1

I would like to see the Flyers bring Adam Ginning over to get jump start on his AHL time like Hagg did.

His contract will slide next year so by the time his entry level starts ticking he'll have a year already under his belt.

I think this Hagg a lot to help him adjust to the North American style and maybe if Oskar had come over soon it would have helped him too.

Wow i don't know how i missed being announced but i thought i would pass it on.

German Rubtsov is out for the rest of the year due to undergoing shoulder surgery.

He was injured in a win vs. Bruins on November 16th.

I hate it for the kid he was having a helluva year 6 goals and 4 assist 10 points +3 in 14 games. 

Well i hope he is ready to go for next year there will be chances to land on the Flyers with some contracts being up after this year.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:31 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Wow i don't know how i missed being announced but i thought i would pass it on.

German Rubtsov is out for the rest of the year due to undergoing shoulder surgery.

He was injured in a win vs. Bruins on November 16th.

I hate it for the kid he was having a helluva year 6 goals and 4 assist 10 points +3 in 14 games. 

Well i hope he is ready to go for next year there will be chances to land on the Flyers with some contracts being up after this year.

Ya, I heard....it's really too bad, he was looking like the player Hextall drafted again. Hopefully he can get that back, it's gotta be frustrating for him.

19 minutes ago, intheslot said:

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have recalled forward Phil Varone from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, according to Executive Vice President & GeneralManager Chuck Fletcher.

Nice this kid might take the 3rd line center role and run with it.

I say bravo to Fletcher for looking right under his nose.

They need a 3rd line center why not take the 2nd leading scorer in the NHl and see if he can help.

If not send him back and look elsewhere.

• Like 1