Melinda Karlsson's Protection Order Against Hoffman's Girlfriend

Puck_Pun

This is going to get ugly.

Wife of Erik Karlsson seeks protection order from Mike Hoffman's fiancee over harassment claim

On the heels of a trying year for the family of Senators captain Erik Karlsson, his wife, Melinda, has filed for an order of protection against teammate Mike Hoffman's longtime partner, Monika Caryk, related to allegations of harassment, according to The Ottawa Citizen.

The report, citing court documents, said Melinda Karlsson has accused Clark of posting "over 1,000 negative and derogatory statements about me as a professional" via pseudonym accounts on social media, including at least one targeting the couple after a tragic miscarriage in March.

"Monika Caryk has uttered numerous statements wishing my unborn child dead,” Melinda said in part of the statement she gave to the courts, according to The Citizen“She also uttered that she wished I was dead and that someone should ‘take out’ my husband’s legs to ‘end his career.'"

The court documents point specifically to an Instagram comment from March.

After the couple's first child was pronounced stillborn, Karlsson created a post mourning the child's death and thanking Senators fans and the hockey community for their support. One comment stood out, though, different in tone and message from the rest.

“I feel bad for the baby he didn’t have a chance with Melinda popping pain killer medication everyday," wrote user @sandydandy45. (The account was later deactivated.)

Karlsson, who did not attach a name when addressing the comment, did bring up a pattern of abuse, consistent with what Melinda alleged in the order of protection and summarized in her comments to the courts.

“How dare you. You have been making fake accounts and buying hacked ones for months to harass me and my wife but this is an all new low even for you," Karlsson wrote. "You are a disgusting person.”

Karlsson and Hoffman have been teammates since 2011, though the names of both players have constantly come up in trade rumors this offseason. Last week, when appearing on TSN1200, Pierre LeBrun said that, "From what I understand I think there’s a really strong chance that Hoffman gets dealt in the next couple of weeks here."

The Citizen also reported that there is an active investigation by the Ottawa police into criminal harassment (stalking) against Caryk.

In a comment to the paper, Hoffman denied the allegations.

“There is a 150 per cent chance that my fianceé Monika and I are not involved in any of the accusations that have been pursued (that are) coming our way," he said. "We totally understand there’s no place for cyberbullying.

“We’ve offered to co-operate and do anything it takes to find out who is doing this, and support (the Karlssons). Obviously this is a tough time that they’re going through, and we want to find out who is doing this, because for some reason it’s coming into our court, and it’s 150 per cent that it’s not us.

“We have nothing to hide. We’re willing to co-operate in any way to solve this and figure it out, and prove that it wasn’t us.”

I can't imagine this ending without one or both of them being traded, requested or not. They can't play in the same team if this sort of thing is happening, it'll just create a crazy toxic environment.

9 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

I can't imagine this ending without one or both of them being traded, requested or not. They can't play in the same team if this sort of thing is happening, it'll just create a crazy toxic environment.

I agree.  And I'm willing to be the toxic environment was quite present this past season.  I wonder if it didn't contribute in some way to their horrible year.

Well, neither of them had a good season. Karlsson's poor form was blamed on his injury and missing out on training prior to the season starting but this puts things into a better perspective. Hoffman wasn't all that great either, and ongoing tension would definitely be a contributor.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I was thinking the same. You have to figure the price just went down. 

Yes i was thinking about him for the offseason......so what better time to jump in with a offer now....

20 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sorry but this smells fishy.

I am going to wait for all this to come out in a few weeks....just doesn't sound like this was all done by said perpetrators...

Me too.   Don't doubt that there were problems in Ottawa, but this seems too weird to be completely true.

10 minutes ago, blocker said:

Me too.   Don't doubt that there were problems in Ottawa, but this seems too weird to be completely true.

On the other hand, if this happened south of the border where weird is the new normal... 

Next week, on All My Senators.....

Ownership makes a secret deal with Regina, Saskatchewen to move the team...unbeknownst to players who vow to make the playoffs and make Ottawa fans happy....

Meanwhile, Dion Phaneuf returns and tries to recruit Cody Ceci, Mark Borowiecki, and Thomas Chabot over to the LA Kings, hiring a lawyer to null any and all contracts, so that Erik Karlsson would have NO one to play with...

And then, Rome Italy attempts a law suit, saying the Ottawa Senators are insulting their heritage and nationality by portraying an ancient Roman man as the logo of a sports team...……….and then don't even make the playoffs.
Complicated and massive litigations are soon to follow....

This, and much, much more on...…….. All My Senators.....

:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26  lol

It really does play like a "Real Housewives of Ottawa," doesn't it? 

Honestly, if there is any truth to the horrible stuff allegedly done by Mrs. Hoffman, then some serious investigation may need to be done here and I am NOT trying to make light out of a serious situation.

But as was stated by some, this all sounds awfully contrived. Until proven true, I take this as a "fluff thing" started by who-knows for who-knows-what-purpose.

As a married woman, I can firmly get behind the whole "behind every great man (or great player here) there is a strong woman"....but cmon, hockey players....once the wives start taking the limelight and people start actually asking the question "Oh, is THAT why they were so bad this year?", then priorities have to be re-organized.

No place on a pro sports team for such nonsense......again, IF true.

As for the Karlsson's loss, that should in no way, by anyone, be made light of.
And if Mrs. Hoffman really did bring that situation into it, then she should be glad I am not Mrs. Karlsson, because I would then feel justified in side kicking the bitch in the throat......and yes, I am physically capable of doing that to an unruly female perpetrator if protecting my family and angered enough..... 😏

But anyways, yea, this just sounds nutso.

Maybe some parts were true and others exaggerated/blown out of proportion, whatever...

Hopeully, for the sake of the Ottawa faithful (they have them right? 😁 ), the players can get their schtick together, look back on the embarrassing season they had, and come out like real NHL players this coming season and make drama with goals, saves, checks, and the damned scoreboard.

Otherwise, All My Senators may be renewed for a second season...….. 🙃

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Honestly, if there is any truth to the horrible stuff allegedly done by Mrs. Hoffman, then some serious investigation may need to be done here and I am NOT trying to make light out of a serious situation.

But as was stated by some, this all sounds awfully contrived. Until proven true, I take this as a "fluff thing" started by who-knows for who-knows-what-purpose.

Well, from what I've seen of their Instagram feed and screenshots of stuff since removed, they certainly did have a social media stalker/s who wanted to make them miserable. Whether Mrs Hoffman is behind it... well, it's pretty hard to say.

Regardless of whether it's true or not, the media haven't hesitated in sinking the boot into the club as a result.

11 hours ago, Puck_Pun said:

Well, from what I've seen of their Instagram feed and screenshots of stuff since removed, they certainly did have a social media stalker/s who wanted to make them miserable. Whether Mrs Hoffman is behind it... well, it's pretty hard to say.

Regardless of whether it's true or not, the media haven't hesitated in sinking the boot into the club as a result.

And really, THIS is where sometimes, the media really does SUCK...

"We really don't know all the facts, but hey, it's the off season, we got nothing else to report on....let's roll with it...."

I am really impressed that most players, coaches, or any team personnel are able to deal with the media pretty well on a day to day basis....

- Attendance dwindling
- Murray's death
- Daniel Alfredsson leaving the sinking boat
- Melnkyk threats to move the team
- Guy Boucher on the edge

... and now this. As if it was needed for them.

True or not, this reinforces my idea of what social networks like Facebook, Twitter and co. really are: the worst cancer of humanity.

Who declares their innocence by saying there is "a 150% chance that it's not true"?

Not once, but twice. You don't have to be 150% innocent (as if there is such a thing), 100% innocent suffices, thank you very much. 

I'm guessing the IP addresses say she's 100% guilty. 

5 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Who declares their innocence by saying there is "a 150% chance that it's not true"?

Not once, but twice. You don't have to be 150% innocent (as if there is such a thing), 100% innocent suffices, thank you very much. 

I'm guessing the IP addresses say she's 100% guilty. 

Yeah, it really did come across as, "me thinks thou doth protest too much," doesn't it?  He's been watching White House television too much.

23 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, it really did come across as, "me thinks thou doth protest too much," doesn't it?  He's been watching White House television too much.

Exactly. 

On 6/15/2018 at 12:12 AM, Villette/Lavaux said:

- Attendance dwindling
- Murray's death
- Daniel Alfredsson leaving the sinking boat
- Melnkyk threats to move the team
- Guy Boucher on the edge

... and now this. As if it was needed for them.

True or not, this reinforces my idea of what social networks like Facebook, Twitter and co. really are: the worst cancer of humanity.

I watched the full interview, and it's a mix of deliberately taking him out of context and answering truthfully when a nice lie would be far better. He was asked about the team's profitability and he said that while he would prefer that things were better the team was profitable.

He was then asked if things went disastrous and the team was losing heaps of money if he'd consider moving the team, and he said that if things were disastrous he'd consider moving the team. While it makes sense from a business prospective a lie would have worked a lot better than talking about disastrous hypotheticals.

His inability to deal with the media is, frankly, shocking.

On 6/15/2018 at 12:45 AM, AJgoal said:

Don't forget their Assistant GM getting arrested for harassing a 19-year old shuttle driver during the combine. WTF is going on?

Ugh this isn't helping.

Archived