Melinda Karlsson's Protection Order Against Hoffman's Girlfriend

Puck_Pun

My first thought when I heard about this strange drama was Hoffman's wife was fooling around with Erik Karlsson.  He didn't jettison the wife so she's angry and thus being vicious, mostly towards Karlsson's wife...with only passing jabs at Erik.  As strange as this may sound, but Mike Hoffman may indeed be totally unaware of his wife doing this; and if she's a good liar...she may have convinced him she had nothing to do with this.  People who are crazy are often terrific manipulators of people and it would not surprise me in the least that Hoffman's wife got people to help her in this endeavor.  

Now that's a total guess on my part.  It is certainly awkward, but its not like this has never happened before.  Hockey wives can be like hockey mom's supportive or destructive.  I have little doubt that culture can be either toxic or beneficial to a team.  The more that is posted, usually clues are left that leave a trail to the poster and if its indeed as many comments as Erik Karlsson claims I think the trail is probably pretty clear.  

58 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

My first thought when I heard about this strange drama was Hoffman's wife was fooling around with Erik Karlsson.  He didn't jettison the wife so she's angry and thus being vicious, mostly towards Karlsson's wife...with only passing jabs at Erik.  As strange as this may sound, but Mike Hoffman may indeed be totally unaware of his wife doing this; and if she's a good liar...she may have convinced him she had nothing to do with this.  People who are crazy are often terrific manipulators of people and it would not surprise me in the least that Hoffman's wife got people to help her in this endeavor.  

Now that's a total guess on my part.  It is certainly awkward, but its not like this has never happened before.  Hockey wives can be like hockey mom's supportive or destructive.  I have little doubt that culture can be either toxic or beneficial to a team.  The more that is posted, usually clues are left that leave a trail to the poster and if its indeed as many comments as Erik Karlsson claims I think the trail is probably pretty clear.  

It's actually plausible. It explains why she zeroed in on her specifically.  I mean, I suppose there are other explanations, but this certainly does check off all the boxes. 

9 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

People who are crazy are often terrific manipulators of people and it would not surprise me in the least that Hoffman's wife got people to help her in this endeavor.  

So you are saying she resembles Dr. Smith from the Netflix version of Lost in Space?

48 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

So you are saying she resembles Dr. Smith from the Netflix version of Lost in Space?

Or the secret collaborator guy in Battlestar: Gallactica, take your pick.  Unless Erik Karlsson were to suddenly admit an affair, which would likely submarine his current marriage to flip the script on Hoffman's wife...he's going to deny it and thus confirm to Hoffman what his wife has probably been saying to him.  She gets to keep firing jabs and impugning Karlsson's wife's character as well as Erik.  No matter what, its an awful and ugly situation that is not likely to get better unless one of them is dealt from the team.  But like I said before, its not like this would be the first time this has happened to an NHL team among wives / girlfriends and players.  

Archived