John Tavares meeting with the Canucks

DJ Ricky

https://thecanuckway.com/2018/06/10/vancouver-canucks-rumors-john-tavares-meet-team/

Guess he's gonna meet with alot of teams if he doesn't re-sign with the NY Islanders but hey its the offseason and we love these types of rumors in Vancouver, the airwaves are full of people with their hopes up. I would throw 12 mill at him, a player like him comes along once in a blue moon and for the first time in a long time, we have a load of cap space (22.2 mill to be exact). 

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I wonder if it's possible to unburn Canucks gear.  @TropicalFruitGirl26, what do you think? 

I guess there might be a scientific way to do it.....but Vancouver still hasn't found a way to unburn the city, so I doubt it.

Have no fear though...
If Johnny T becomes a Nuck, many, many fanboys and fangirls will come running back.  😎

18 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I guess there might be a scientific way to do it.....but Vancouver still hasn't found a way to unburn the city, so I doubt it.

Have no fear though...
If Johnny T becomes a Nuck, many, many fanboys and fangirls will come running back.  😎

Let's play pretend. So Bo Horvat stays at 2C, or does he get moved? 

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Let's play pretend. So Bo Horvat stays at 2C, or does he get moved? 

Honestly, if Tavares goes to Vancouver, I think you leave Horvat at 2C.

Horvat has tremendous upside at just 23 yrs of age, but just think how much quicker he can develop if he stays at the LESS pressurized 2C slot and let a guy like Tavares (who is used to it in the NY Metro media area) take the heat as the top C.

Hey...it works in Tampa having Stamkos at 1C while guys in the past like Tyler Johnson, Vladi Namestnikov, and currently Brayden Point ply their trade, and have fantastic seasons, as the 2C.

Thing is, if Johnny T signs with the Canucks, it is probably an indictment of how bad Islander management is, and likely looks to be for a while yet, because Vancouver, just like the Islanders, is in need of a rebuild...however, the Canucks may just "do it right" as opposed to the Isles.

Also, moving Horvat would just weaken or slow up the rebuild.

To build a contender, Vancouver needs lots of things...some younger D, a real #1 goalie, some top six wingers...yes, they have a couple nice pieces here and there, but what better way to start a rebuild (and possibly accelerate the process), than by being strong down the middle in the top six with Tavares and Horvat?

I hadn't previously even considered Vancouver, but it's definitely an interesting landing spot.  The other thing Vancouver has going for it over the Islanders is an actual arena.  The current arrangement is a disaster.  It's only 3 years until Belmont Park is ready, but that's a long time considering how long it's been and juxtaposed against Tavares' career. 

@DJ Ricky

:welcome:   I think it is an interesting consideration for Tavares to sign in Vancouver.  It surely wouldn't be the first player to move from the Eastern Conference to the West upon Free Agency.  The money is definitely there with the money available from the Sedin twins. 

It's really quite a nice option for Tavares imo.  Who wouldn't want to play alongside Boeser ? 

11 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Have no fear though...

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I wonder if it's possible to unburn Canucks gear.  @TropicalFruitGirl26, what do you think? 

I was just wondering that myself... LOL.  Do we have a certain member flip flopping again?  Inquiring minds want to know......

16 minutes ago, hf101 said:

@DJ Ricky

:welcome:   I think it is an interesting consideration for Tavares to sign in Vancouver.  It surely wouldn't be the first player to move from the Eastern Conference to the West upon Free Agency.  The money is definitely there with the money available from the Sedin twins. 

It's really quite a nice option for Tavares imo.  Who wouldn't want to play alongside Boeser ? 

I think it would be a great move seeing Tavres in Vancouver.   That franchise could make some serious noise again.  Besides, who wouldn't like to see the Isle fans keep squirming. ;)

This Nucks thing is a prime indicator he does not want to stay in NYI. He will get real close to a max deal, and max years, so he does not need to leverage, he is shopping for a new home. 

UNLESS he is trying to secure 10% of ownership after he retires...never know. 

Archived