Trades the Wings should make

yave1964

If anyone knows how to get ahold of Kenny Holland please C/P this and give it to him. I am not allowed, I was given a piece of paper saying I cannot get within 100 yards of him because of what I tried to do with a Gold watch while demanding that he retire.

Okay I understand the Wings aren't looking to deal, why would we? We are clearly the envy of the entire of the league with our ten year plan to get back to mediocrity in full swing. But here are some deals I would like to see us consider.

TRADE EVGENY SVECHNIKOV, OULLET AND JIMMY HOLLAND TO THE HURRICANES FOR FAULK, DARLING AND LINDHOLM

The Canes are a mortal lock to draft Andrei Svechnikov with the second pick in the draft, Evgeny, his older brother and the former first rounder of the Wings has been underwhelming in the AHL and NHL so far although he has enormous potential. Carolina would love to add him to give them their own version of the Sedin boys, the Canes owner is looking to make a splash and they say that goaltending is their biggest need so why not trade Howard who had a damn good year last season, get the Canes their starter in net they desperately need on a short term show me deal, gets them out from under Darlings three remaining years at 4 million per and moves Lindholm who has been an underachiever and Faulk who with the growth of the kid defense is available. Oullet is a body for the back end who is unhappy in Detroit and in need of a fresh start.

For the Wings, Lindholm replaces Tatar and gives us a chip to deal at the deadline this year and a defenseman to replace UFA Green.

TRADE DARLING TO THE HAWKS FOR DUCLAIR

Duclair is supposedly on the move again, the Rangers/Coyotes/Hawks have all had him and found him wanting but he is only 22, has already had a 20 goal season and is a natural goal scorer but the reason he keeps moving is his defense is pretty bad. If they can get him straightened out they have something worth having, if not again, someone to deal at the deadline. He has to be better than David Booth if nothing else.

Chicago supposedly wants Darling back as there is talk that Crawfords health is already a concern and the Hawks would like to bring Darling back to hedge their bet.

TRADE OTTAWA'S 2ND ROUNDER (PICK 35) TO THE CAPITALS FOR GRUBAUER

With Holtbeast bouncing back and leading the Capitals to their first cup it seems to be a foregone conclusion that the best goalie available is Grubauer. There will be other suitors, the Isles are supposedly looking at him, it would give the Wings a solid young netminder to build around. Worse case, you offer the Knights pick (30) to make it happen.

HOLD ONTO PICK NUMBER SIX AND DRAFT THE BEST DEFENSEMAN AVAILABLE

Rumor is the Wings are looking to deal down andi would hope they do not, Bouchard, Dobson, Hughes, any of these would be a great fit on the back end and we desperately need the shot in the arm. Faulk, Dekeyser, Daley, Cholowski and Bouchard at least make for a decent defense. 

IF WE ARE GOING TO TRADE PICK NUMBER SIX,MAKE IT COUNT

The Islanders may wish to move up to make a statement to convince Tavares to stay, trading number 6 for 11 and 12 would be acceptable and they should, if the Flyers would consider it at least kick the tires on seeing if there is a package there with the trading Philly number six for 14 and 19 with maybe another moving part or two going both ways. My preference would be to keep it but if that doesn't work, getting two first rounders to go with the Vegas pick gives us a chance to go for quantity and quality something we are devoid of.

So there you are, Howard, Svechnikov, Oullet and a early 2nd rounder out,  Faulk, Grubauer, Lindholm and Duclair in. Only trade pick number six if it nets a return of futures enough to make it palatable but hold it unless someone knocks your doors off. 

Am I offering too little? Grubauer for a late first or early second seems fair to me, if the Islanders are willing to part with pick 11 or 12 so be it, I think that is way overpaying and doubt they do but if they do, he is Island bound. As for the Carolina deal I looked at it a half dozen ways and find it very fair.

Like I said someone send this to Kenny Holland just don't tell him it came from me. That pesky restraining order and all, you understand.

13 hours ago, yave1964 said:

If anyone knows how to get ahold of Kenny Holland please C/P this and give it to him. I am not allowed, I was given a piece of paper saying I cannot get within 100 yards of him because of what I tried to do with a Gold watch while demanding that he retire.

Okay I understand the Wings aren't looking to deal, why would we? We are clearly the envy of the entire of the league with our ten year plan to get back to mediocrity in full swing. But here are some deals I would like to see us consider.

TRADE EVGENY SVECHNIKOV, OULLET AND JIMMY HOLLAND TO THE HURRICANES FOR FAULK, DARLING AND LINDHOLM

The Canes are a mortal lock to draft Andrei Svechnikov with the second pick in the draft, Evgeny, his older brother and the former first rounder of the Wings has been underwhelming in the AHL and NHL so far although he has enormous potential. Carolina would love to add him to give them their own version of the Sedin boys, the Canes owner is looking to make a splash and they say that goaltending is their biggest need so why not trade Howard who had a damn good year last season, get the Canes their starter in net they desperately need on a short term show me deal, gets them out from under Darlings three remaining years at 4 million per and moves Lindholm who has been an underachiever and Faulk who with the growth of the kid defense is available. Oullet is a body for the back end who is unhappy in Detroit and in need of a fresh start.

For the Wings, Lindholm replaces Tatar and gives us a chip to deal at the deadline this year and a defenseman to replace UFA Green.

TRADE DARLING TO THE HAWKS FOR DUCLAIR

Duclair is supposedly on the move again, the Rangers/Coyotes/Hawks have all had him and found him wanting but he is only 22, has already had a 20 goal season and is a natural goal scorer but the reason he keeps moving is his defense is pretty bad. If they can get him straightened out they have something worth having, if not again, someone to deal at the deadline. He has to be better than David Booth if nothing else.

Chicago supposedly wants Darling back as there is talk that Crawfords health is already a concern and the Hawks would like to bring Darling back to hedge their bet.

TRADE OTTAWA'S 2ND ROUNDER (PICK 35) TO THE CAPITALS FOR GRUBAUER

With Holtbeast bouncing back and leading the Capitals to their first cup it seems to be a foregone conclusion that the best goalie available is Grubauer. There will be other suitors, the Isles are supposedly looking at him, it would give the Wings a solid young netminder to build around. Worse case, you offer the Knights pick (30) to make it happen.

HOLD ONTO PICK NUMBER SIX AND DRAFT THE BEST DEFENSEMAN AVAILABLE

Rumor is the Wings are looking to deal down andi would hope they do not, Bouchard, Dobson, Hughes, any of these would be a great fit on the back end and we desperately need the shot in the arm. Faulk, Dekeyser, Daley, Cholowski and Bouchard at least make for a decent defense. 

IF WE ARE GOING TO TRADE PICK NUMBER SIX,MAKE IT COUNT

The Islanders may wish to move up to make a statement to convince Tavares to stay, trading number 6 for 11 and 12 would be acceptable and they should, if the Flyers would consider it at least kick the tires on seeing if there is a package there with the trading Philly number six for 14 and 19 with maybe another moving part or two going both ways. My preference would be to keep it but if that doesn't work, getting two first rounders to go with the Vegas pick gives us a chance to go for quantity and quality something we are devoid of.

So there you are, Howard, Svechnikov, Oullet and a early 2nd rounder out,  Faulk, Grubauer, Lindholm and Duclair in. Only trade pick number six if it nets a return of futures enough to make it palatable but hold it unless someone knocks your doors off. 

Am I offering too little? Grubauer for a late first or early second seems fair to me, if the Islanders are willing to part with pick 11 or 12 so be it, I think that is way overpaying and doubt they do but if they do, he is Island bound. As for the Carolina deal I looked at it a half dozen ways and find it very fair.

Like I said someone send this to Kenny Holland just don't tell him it came from me. That pesky restraining order and all, you understand.

All that typing for nuttin....lol. These are respectable trade proposals, and some even outside the box thinking....thus, Kenny does NOT do outside the box....what a stiff, huh?

12 hours ago, jammer2 said:

All that typing for nuttin....lol. These are respectable trade proposals, and some even outside the box thinking....thus, Kenny does NOT do outside the box....what a stiff, huh?

And here I read in today’s Detroit News that the Wings are supposedly making a run at Ilya Kovalchuk.

<smh>

Archived