With the 19th pick... Flyers select Jay O'Brien (C)

pilldoc

Do you agree with this pick?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this pick?

• Yes
    • No - It is a reach by Hexy
    • Who is Jay O'Brien??

10 minutes ago, Claude Monet said:

Saying that he played at a high school level is asinine. The New England prep league is miles above the high school level.  The whole league is predicated upon taking the best players and bringing them to their school.

my high school lost our 3 best players going to prep school. And one of the. Was our goalie in soccer so that sucked! He wound up going to uvm and playing on St. Louis’s line so I can’t be too pissed though!

its like saying the public high schools in nyc are on the same level as the catholic league. 

The gap gap in talent is huge 

Had a guy on my beer league team have a kid that got invited to play for Shattuck-St. Mary's. You're right, it's a completely different talent level.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Claude Monet said:

Saying that he played at a high school level is asinine. The New England prep league is miles above the high school level.  The whole league is predicated upon taking the best players and bringing them to their school.

my high school lost our 3 best players going to prep school. And one of the. Was our goalie in soccer so that sucked! He wound up going to uvm and playing on St. Louis’s line so I can’t be too pissed though!

its like saying the public high schools in nyc are on the same level as the catholic league. 

The gap gap in talent is huge 

I know the Catholic league vs public is quite true for football. It's from years of practice being tackled by the priests. 

• 2 months later...

With similar roots, former Flyer Tony Amonte and Jay O'Brien have a new connection

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/similar-roots-former-flyer-tony-amonte-and-jay-obrien-have-new-connection

A good read.

Too bad the Flyers got Amonte to late in his career what might have been...

Archived