Guess the UFA salary game....

Just guess the average salary of the deal.....

Tavares.....11.8 mill per year....a bit off, Leafs paid 11 mill a yr, he left a bit on the table, but kinda close. 

JVR....8.1 mill per year// I WOULD have been real close, JVR took less money andto sign close to home, he waits till JohnnyT signs he gets way more. 

Stasney......6.6 mill per year   Was REAL close on this, his deal with the Knights calls for 6.5 mill a year. 

Bozek....5.2 mill....real close here, he gets 5 mill a yr from the Blues. 

Hutton....5.7 mill   WAY off here, overestimated the lack of quality goalies in UFA, he gets 2.75 per year, embarrassingly wrong here. 

James Neal....7.5   I kinda knew I was off here....once I saw he only had 16 assists to go with his 30 goals....5.5 it is. 

David Perron.... 5.5....a tad off, he gets 4 mill a year from the Blues. 

Mike Green 5.1  real close here also, 5.3 av per year, says a lot about availability of offensive d men. 

Rick Nash....5.6  his possible retirement might make this null and void....concussion problems etc.

Joe Thornton....3.7

Patrick Maroon....6.6 

Michael Grabner......4.5 not good, a full mill off, 3.5 a yr from the Yotes. 

I know 8.1 mill sounds like a lot, but my gut says after Tavaes signs, there is gonna be a SERIOUS bidding war on JVR. Would not be surprised if he gets 7+ yrs also. 

On 6/27/2018 at 9:40 AM, jammer2 said:

Just guess the average salary of the deal.....

Tavares.....11.8 mill per year....a bit off, Leafs paid 11 mill a yr, he left a bit on the table, but kinda close. 

JVR....8.1 mill per year// I WOULD have been real close, JVR took less money andto sign close to home, he waits till JohnnyT signs he gets way more. 

Stasney......6.6 mill per year   Was REAL close on this, his deal with the Knights calls for 6.5 mill a year. 

Bozek....5.2 mill....real close here, he gets 5 mill a yr from the Blues. 

Hutton....5.7 mill   WAY off here, overestimated the lack of quality goalies in UFA, he gets 2.75 per year, embarrassingly wrong here. 

James Neal....7.5   I kinda knew I was off here....once I saw he only had 16 assists to go with his 30 goals....5.5 it is. 

David Perron.... 5.5....a tad off, he gets 4 mill a year from the Blues. 

Mike Green 5.1  real close here also, 5.3 av per year, says a lot about availability of offensive d men. 

Rick Nash....5.6  his possible retirement might make this null and void....concussion problems etc.

Joe Thornton....3.7

Patrick Maroon....6.6 

Michael Grabner......4.5 not good, a full mill off, 3.5 a yr from the Yotes. 

The big UFAs are gone, but I'll try 5 of who's left.

Rick Nash - so much depends on the term. $4.8M

Patrick Maroon - $5.2M

Kevin Bieksa - $1.8M

Luca Sbisa - $1.5M

Dan Hamhuis - $3.5M

3 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

The big UFAs are gone, but I'll try 5 of who's left.

Rick Nash - so much depends on the term. $4.8M

Patrick Maroon - $5.2M

Kevin Bieksa - $1.8M

Luca Sbisa - $1.5M

Dan Hamhuis - $3.5M

I think I was a tad over zealous with my 6.6 for Maroon....BUT, there can still be a bidding war, because of Nash and the concussion thing ie possible retirement....Maroon just became the only game in town that can pot 22-24 goals ....if he is on the pp. Literally, if you want goals, go talk to Patty boy's agent....and there will be a line up. PLUS, you have the added bonus of toughness and the ability to watch over younger, smaller skilled linemates.....and just plain impossible to move in front of that net. 

Bieska is basically a 3rd pairing (but can add some limited offense for the 3rd) guy at this point of his career, and tad injury prone, but his toughness and ability to teach kids the right way to play (smash your glove in his face like THIS) might just kick him over the 2 mill mark. 

I have always thought Hamhuis was overrated. I CRINGED when I heard him even being mentioned for Team Canada....big or small tourny. I've got him at 2.4.....

Luca Sibisa we know well. Plays within his obvious limitations, but does not hit as much....1.1 mill but may be earning that money in the AHL. 

Archived