More problems for the Sens .....

pilldoc

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23925847/ottawa-senators-assistant-gm-randy-lee-faces-2nd-harassment-charge

Through the ice crystals of ice....these are the Days of Our Senators .......

And just when you thought the soap opera in Ottawa was dying down...we get a new story line for the upcoming off season.  Sens assistant Gm now faces a 2nd harassment charge.  I wonder if Hoffman's girlfriend and  Lee are comparing notes on how to continually embarrass this organization.  The lst thing this team needs is another scandal.  No wonder Karlsson wants to get out of Dodge ...........

Time for the league to take the franchise from the owner and sell it. If it requires a move (hopefully not), then it requires a move. Melnyk has proven to be completely incapable of running a sports franchise 

I have no idea how he ran Biovail or his foundations or whatever, but retire him to Barbados and move on.

This is on him. It's his horror show and his horrible mishandling of his franchise. From his horrible handling of Alfredsson to building an arena in Podunk to the craziness coming out of the front office and the locker room, it's squarely on him. 

Take the franchise or force him to sell it. MLB did it with Marge Schott and Frank McCourt (more comparable), the NHL can do it with this imbecile. 

As much as I hate to say it, yeah Melnyk is the worst part of the Senators, and as the owner (and CEO for some reason) his bad management style is a big problem. From what I understand the bulk of his wealth comes from pharmaceuticals which is a vastly different kind of business to run, as owning a sport team is about selling entertainment, more a service than a product. Whether Bettman cares enough to do anything is another story, recently he said there's nothing to be worried about in Ottawa.

Archived