Melynk received offer to Sell the Sens

hf101

Last weeks rumors to sell the team seemed like just rumors however a very interesting read by David Pagnotta of the Fourth Period states that Melynk was given an offer to sell the Senators of which was declined, but apparently, negotiations are now ongoing.  According to Forbes the Sens are valued and $450M ... and dropping?  However, the asking price for the Senators is believed to be between $650 - 700M.  

Generally where there is smoke .... there is Fire...

15 minutes ago, hf101 said:

agree.  As there is a conflicting story here that the franchise isn't for sale.  

https://www.tsn.ca/daly-sens-sale-report-not-accurate-1.1125697

'

Yeah, I saw this one earlier, so your post confused me a bit.  But something's going on, right?

I posted in the other thread that it's really time the league forces his hand.  His ownership is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Eh, there's a stink of media making stuff up here, especially since the reports started on minor, unreliable hockey news sites. I'm willing to be proven wrong but everything written so far looks like a beat up

35 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

Eh, there's a stink of media making stuff up here, especially since the reports started on minor, unreliable hockey news sites. I'm willing to be proven wrong but everything written so far looks like a beat up

Maybe, but then the Senators are in need of a new arena, ticket sales have been dropping and will get worse, Melynk has shown a reluctance to spending any money, and Karlsson doesn't plan to sign an extension.  Add that to all the negative press with the Hoffman saga, and Randy Lee and next year's draft pick (likely #1, will go to the Avalanche)  ...

Now granted Melynk just did a refinance so maybe all of these rumors are a result of that, but that doesn't boost sales. Why wouldn't Melynk take the money and RUN?

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

Why wouldn't Melynk take the money and RUN?

Because selling a business at its worst point is a bad idea when it comes to return. When the new stadium is built? Maybe. But I'd say that unless a very above market value offer is made he'll say no

Archived