JVR back to Philly

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That leaves about $10 mill in cap space for a defenseman. Not crazy about the years or money per but if JVR hits that 30 goal mark, I guess I can live with it.

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

That leaves about $10 mill in cap space for a defenseman. Not crazy about the years or money per but if JVR hits that 30 goal mark, I guess I can live with it.

He did get 36 goals last year.  But he will be 34 by the time the contract is up.  I would have been fine with paying him that much for 3 years, 5 year deal should have gotten down to around $6 mil I would think.

Definitely improves our offense.  Just have to maybe sign 4th or 5th on the depth chart defenseman.  Unless Ron truly lets the young guys come up.  Still, Myers gets injured somewhat.  So we have Gudas, Sanheim, Hagg, Provy, AMac and Ghost on defense.  Not sure what to do there.

So does this mean Simmonds is on his way out? 

Nice to see our draft picks come back...........  So does this mean JRV feels he can win a cup faster in Philly than in Toronto?

:IDunnoSmiley:

13 minutes ago, hf101 said:

So does this mean Simmonds is on his way out? 

Nice to see our draft picks come back...........  So does this mean JRV feels he can win a cup faster in Philly than in Toronto?

:IDunnoSmiley:

Wonder what the return could be. I hope he is headed out West.

1 minute ago, hf101 said:

@OccamsRazor

Where did that pigeon reference come from?  or originate from?   I've never seen that before.   LOL

Not sure i just remember in a game they had him mic'd up and he was chiping all game...thought it was funny at the time...could it be an inside joke??? Not sure...

Well JVR had 11 pp goals last year...

...would have tied the with the team lead with none other than...Simmer...so a powerplay boost.

So does Laughton give him his old #21 back....or does JVR go with a new number?

1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Of all people. I'm just shaking my head. Now that it's a probability, Hextall better hit a home run on the Simmonds trade. Wow, I'm stunned.

Like I said when he left, production is not everything. The guy is a proven soul sucking leach. He disappears for long stretches, has no heart....not at all a guy who can be counted on as a cornerstone type. Yet, the contract he signed seems to lead towards cornerstone, or at least very important. 

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Of all people. I'm just shaking my head. Now that it's a probability, Hextall better hit a home run on the Simmonds trade. Wow, I'm stunned.

Well he doesn't have to trade him now actually...

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well he doesn't have to trade him now actually...

Both JVR and Simmer have duplicate roles. In front of the net on the top pp. Which ever one does not get that spot, their production will suffer, prob around 30%....so trading Wayne makes sense from where I sit. 

Just saw on twitter, someone mentioned these as possible lines for the FLyers next year...

Giroux-Couts-Konecny 

JVR-Patrick-Voracek 

Lindblom-XXXX-Simmonds 

Raffl-Laughton-Weal

Still missing a 3rd line C though. 
Wonder does Hexy go and sign someone else or does he bring up someone from the Phantoms?

Archived