Todays signings

Not the JVR or Tavares forum but a place to post thoughts on the other signings of the day.

Hutton and Wedgewood going to Buffalo, good signings as the team needs goaltending depth. 

Perron  to the Blues on a 4 year deal. Hate it for the Blues, it makes no sense, I love Perron, he plays a 200 foot game and scores very well for a middle six winger but they have Kyrou, Tage Thompson, Robert Thomas and Barbachev chomping at the bit, aone or two year deal maybe but he is going to keep a talented kid stuck in the AHL. Typical Blues, they don't know if they are in a rebuild or a retool.

Pateryn a three year deal with the Wild. Coming off an okay 6th/7th dman year in Dallas, stay at home safe boring defender. 3 years seems curious, I doubt their was much market for him and feel it was a bit of an overpay.

Halak is going to Boston to back up Rask. Quality signing for that role.

Hutchinson rumored to be going to Florida which only makes sense if Reimer is being moved out, Reimer possibly going to the Islanders?

That is it so far, anyone else?

A few more....

Roman Polak going to Dallas on a one year deal to replace Pateryn. 

Plekanec returns to Montreal on a one year deal to solve their search for a center once and for all. 

Wild on top of Pateryn are adding Andrew Hammond, the Hamburgler to push Stalock as the backup goalie and Eric Fehr for 4th line depth. 

File this under WTF, Rinaldo is signing with the Predators on a one year two way deal. All I can think is they want to recall him when they face the Knights so he can fight Ryan Reaves. 

Aaannnd a couple of more.

Derek Ryan reunites with Bill Peters in Calgary supposedly taking less money to go be their 3C than he was offered elsewhere. Solid signing of a good role player. Also former Bruin prospect Austin Czarnik who has been passed over by younger players signed with Calgary hoping to get his career going.

Kyle Brodziak is going back where it started for him over a decade ago, on his way to Edmonton for bottom six forward depth.

@AJgoal

Khubodin had a career year last season in Boston and I am a bit weary but he has to be better than Lehtonen. Of course that bar is set pnot thrilled retty low, lol.

Rumor is that Beagle and Roussel are Vancouver bound but I have looked a lot of places, a lot of smoke but no confirmation that I can find. If they sign, Beagle is supposedly a 3 year deal, Roussel a 4 year deal,  not thrilled with the term but that is what happens in free agency, both make the Canucks harder to play against if they do indeed sign.

5 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Rumor is that Beagle and Roussel are Vancouver bound but I have looked a lot of places, a lot of smoke but no confirmation that I can find. If they sign, Beagle is supposedly a 3 year deal, Roussel a 4 year deal,  not thrilled with the term but that is what happens in free agency, both make the Canucks harder to play against if they do indeed sign.

Benning is gunning for Hughes.

Okay minor signing, Chris Wagner just signed with the Bruins. Typical Bruins bottom six guy, responsible at both ends, loves to check, was third in the league in hits. Bruins always find these guys.

Calvert and Cole nice depth signings by the Avalanche.

Comeau replaces Roussel as the middle six hard playing winger with the Stars.

Kunitz retirement tour with the Hawks begins with a one year deal.

Michael 'Cy Young' Grabner brings his speed to the Coyotes forward mix.

Petr Mrazek will partner with Darling in net in Carolina.

Start shining up the cup.

Just now, yave1964 said:

Michael 'Cy Young' Grabner brings his speed to the Coyotes forward mix.

Petr Mrazek will partner with Darling in net in Carolina.

Start shining up the cup.

Flyers officially keep their 3rd next year. Woohoo!

MacDonough 7 year/6.75 million per year extension in Tampa.

8 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Bozak 3 years / $5 million per.

ETA: My wife (The Leafs' fan) loves Bozak, but said that's 2-3 million too much.

I would rather have Bozak at 3/5 every day of the week over Stastny at 3/6.5 

Montréal told that they will focused on youth and work on long-term processes to assess their issues.

That's why they brought back Plekanec for a 1-yr deal.

Archived