Shea Weber knee surgery- out six months

yave1964

Shea Weber has had knee surgery and is expected to be out until mid to late December. The surgery was delayed as he was recovering from surgery to his broken foot from last season.

He got off to a good solid start last year before blocking a shot with his foot, I had him on my fantasy team he was supposedly out day to day then for a week or more, then maybe longer and finally in March they shut him down to fix the foot which had not responded to any therapy. The knee sounds pretty bleak as well according to the team doctor.The club's head physician Dr. David Mulder released a lengthy statement as he provided an update on Weber's condition, saying "It was determined that the damage to his knee was more serious than previously anticipated and the situation required a more comprehensive procedure to repair a meniscal tear" following his recovery from the first surgery.

Weber has long been a favorite of mine, I have admired his physical game and booming shot since he first broke in with Nashville, the best of a type who I admire from the blueline but oooh, this sounds ugly. More of the same in the nightmare in Montreal. 

Man, did Bergevin ever do PK Subban a favour... That trade was bad for Montreal the day it happened, and it grows worse by the minute. There's a good little matrix out there that we would all do well to judge ourselves by:

image.png

Montreal has been in the lower-right quadrant for awhile now.

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Man, did Bergevin ever do PK Subban a favour... That trade was bad for Montreal the day it happened, and it grows worse by the minute. There's a good little matrix out there that we would all do well to judge ourselves by:

image.png

Montreal has been in the lower-right quadrant for awhile now.

Would you quit coming up with all these cool analogies??? I cannot keep up, lol. Seriously, both trades that day fall on this chart.

I looked at this Montreal roster (before this latest Weber injury), and I was thinking to myself, "You know, despite having two legit stars at defense and goal (Weber and Price) and some good young forwards up front (Drouin, Hudon, and Gallagher), this team just will not be able to get out of its own way next season."

Now, with Weber not being available till almost 2019, the Habs may very well find themselves, along with the Senators and the Titanic, at the bottom of the Atlantic, with even the Bufflo Sabres lording a position over them.

Unless Montreal has some sneaky good players in their pipeline that will be ready to contribute right away, I just don't see how the Habs can spin anything positive out of the upcoming season to this point.

Couple that with the fact that the Montreal media and fanbase will be BRUTAL on a struggling team, and you can be assured that either Marc Bergevin doesn't last till Christmas when Weber allegedly comes back, or a guy like Price decides he wants out of there.

The Canadiens SHOULD be very interesting to watch this upcoming season.....but not for the right reasons...

Now, here's the real kick to the balls for Montreal. According to Elliotte Friedman, the Habs were close to getting:

Leon Draisaitl

Darnell Nurse or Oscar Klefbom

2016 4th overall (turned out to be Jesse Puljujarvi)

for PK Subban. That would have been a MONSTER return, but the Oilers passed on it because they were concerned about paying Subban $9M/yr in addition to whatever they would have to shell out for McDavid. Of course, they went and paid $8.5 to Leon anyway.

On 7/5/2018 at 7:03 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I looked at this Montreal roster (before this latest Weber injury), and I was thinking to myself, "You know, despite having two legit stars at defense and goal (Weber and Price) and some good young forwards up front (Drouin, Hudon, and Gallagher), this team just will not be able to get out of its own way next season."

Now, with Weber not being available till almost 2019, the Habs may very well find themselves, along with the Senators and the Titanic, at the bottom of the Atlantic, with even the Bufflo Sabres lording a position over them.

Unless Montreal has some sneaky good players in their pipeline that will be ready to contribute right away, I just don't see how the Habs can spin anything positive out of the upcoming season to this point.

Couple that with the fact that the Montreal media and fanbase will be BRUTAL on a struggling team, and you can be assured that either Marc Bergevin doesn't last till Christmas when Weber allegedly comes back, or a guy like Price decides he wants out of there.

The Canadiens SHOULD be very interesting to watch this upcoming season.....but not for the right reasons...

Definitely agree with that: the 2 bottom teams should be Ottawa and Montréal, way below the others. Their fans are kinda dumb, they were all seeing them making the playoffs as it was crystal clear, given their roster, that they wouldn't play in the postseason.

Now they won't allowing another bad season, so it's pretty certain that major changes will occur during next season. This all depends on what Price will decide and if he will eventually fire Bergevin. Now the Habs are stuck not only for the next season but for a couple of years due to the insane contact (and the organisation's key) they gave to Price and the consequences of the terrible trades they made along with their poor scouting staff.

The only positive point is that Victor Mete seems to be a solid D-man that should greatly improve for the years to come.

Archived