Introducing Henrik Borgstrom

jammer2

Check out the soft hands on this kid!!  Stunning skill, stick-handling, speed, moves and offensive prowess. Henrik was the Panthers 1st round pick in 2016, going 23rd overall. A few experts questioned the pick when it was made, now most view Henrik as one of the very best players in his draft year. A superstar for the Univ of Denver, he was one of the Hobey Baker finalists from last year. Speculation is, he is a virtual lock for the Panthers top six next year, and many think a first line pairing with Barkov is imminent.  

You wanna talk exciting?  Jaw dropping skill.....check out this video. This kid is gonna be a superstar. ....you might want to mute the video though, horrid music. 

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

UM>>....BUMP.....if you have not watched the highlights, watch this kid. I admit, some of the dmen look like sives.....but hey, this kid is LEGIT

Yeah the Cats main killer last year was they ran two top lines to death with little if any secondary scoring which is exactly why they should have never dealt Reilly Smith and Marchessault in order to keep Petrovic. Adding Hoffman and now borgstrom make them deeper and they should be able to run three lines with no problem. Cats definitely on the rise.

24 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Yeah the Cats main killer last year was they ran two top lines to death with little if any secondary scoring which is exactly why they should have never dealt Reilly Smith and Marchessault in order to keep Petrovic. Adding Hoffman and now borgstrom make them deeper and they should be able to run three lines with no problem. Cats definitely on the rise.

I have read 2 or 3 reports that Henrik is pretty well guaranteed a spot in the top 6 as long as he has a decent camp.....but still, that bumps somebody else down to line 3...so more depth for sure. 

• 3 weeks later...

He was very dominant for the Pioneers.  I remember when the Panthers picked him a lot of people felt he was a giant reach, but he plays with a lot of confidence and skill.  Denver as a whole was super fun to watch, but he was a big part of it along with Dylan Gambrell and Troy Terry.  IMO, the highlights fit well with my impressions of this kid.  

• 3 months later...

@jammer2 Thanks for the introduction, jammer! He has hands alright... and in a positive way he's kind of cocky with the puck. Will he have that same arrogance with the big boys? Now he's down in Springfield, 7 games and 11 points. I guess the Panthers don't want to let him play under 10 mins. in the Panthers' 4th line. Probably wise in the long run.

22 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

@jammer2 Thanks for the introduction, jammer! He has hands alright... and in a positive way he's kind of cocky with the puck. Will he have that same arrogance with the big boys? Now he's down in Springfield, 7 games and 11 points. I guess the Panthers don't want to let him play under 10 mins. in the Panthers' 4th line. Probably wise in the long run.

Kid is for real

• 3 months later...
On 7/10/2018 at 1:00 PM, jammer2 said:

Check out the soft hands on this kid!!  Stunning skill, stick-handling, speed, moves and offensive prowess. Henrik was the Panthers 1st round pick in 2016, going 23rd overall. A few experts questioned the pick when it was made, now most view Henrik as one of the very best players in his draft year. A superstar for the Univ of Denver, he was one of the Hobey Baker finalists from last year. Speculation is, he is a virtual lock for the Panthers top six next year, and many think a first line pairing with Barkov is imminent.  

You wanna talk exciting?  Jaw dropping skill.....check out this video. This kid is gonna be a superstar. ....you might want to mute the video though, horrid music. 

I've watched this video many times and I'm always amazed by the talent of this kid. He have a very good future.

Archived