2018 Wild Development Camp

hf101

3 hours ago, hf101 said:

You can watch the full scrimmage here on Facebook ow.ly/d4Qr30kVyCH 

Team White Wins btw. 5-4 win after a shootout.

There is another scrimmage Sunday at 5 pm.  

Thanks for posting. I like Belpedio a lot , had a goal also. Sokolov and Khovanov played together and had nice chances too.

I watched about half of the scrimmage; the 2nd half.  I thought Simon Johansson was very assertive.  Belpedio has a great shot and should dominate as well seasoned college player.  I liked Dewar and Shaw and thought McBain protected the puck well.  Duhaime had a nice snipe.  Sokolov's shootout goal was nice; he clearly has some of the best hands of this group.  Filip Johansson reminds me a lot of Jonas Brodin...not physical but you can tell he's pretty smart on the ice.  Had a few nice outlet passes.  Although I heard he got rocked by Mitch McLain (a college player, played for Iowa at the end of his season).  Boudrias looked pretty raw.  Ivan Lodnia likes to dangle, but he kind of holds onto the puck a little too much for my taste.    

Team White won 6-4, Stillwater's Jackson Cates had two goals in the victory.  Louie Belpedio again stood out to me, and both Johansson's weren't too bad.  Sokolov again demonstrated good instincts in the offensive zone but he was pretty disinterested in playing anything resembling defense.  I wouldn't say either scrimmage got me excited.  

Gustav Bouramman got most improved which seemed kind of funny, because I thought he looked awful in the scrimmages.  Turnover prone and seemed to be a bit lost which is kind of bad for a guy in at least his 3rd development camp with the team IMO.  

Jack McBain got the hardest worker award.  I thought he looked promising in the scrimmages and he handles the puck with confidence and seems to have a lot of natural playmaking skills to his game.  

Interesting little takeaway on the Bombardir / Fenton video was Fenton's initial comment was on Bombardir as opposed to the players at camp.  He noted his professionalism, so safe to say Fenton was evaluating the way the Wild staff handled the prospects almost as much as the players themselves.  

17 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Gustav Bouramman got most improved which seemed kind of funny, because I thought he looked awful in the scrimmages.  Turnover prone and seemed to be a bit lost which is kind of bad for a guy in at least his 3rd development camp with the team IMO.  

Jack McBain got the hardest worker award.  I thought he looked promising in the scrimmages and he handles the puck with confidence and seems to have a lot of natural playmaking skills to his game.  

I thought both invited goalies Shepard and Robson did well too.  McBain stood out imo with his speed, determination and his puck handing skills.  Defensively on the blue line no one really stood out as an offensive defenseman in this group.

13 hours ago, hf101 said:

I thought both invited goalies Shepard and Robson did well too.  McBain stood out imo with his speed, determination and his puck handing skills.  Defensively on the blue line no one really stood out as an offensive defenseman in this group.

(shrugs)  Disagree with you there.  I thought Belpedio looked good and both Johansson's weren't too bad, everyone else...yea, there wasn't anyone worth talking about on the blueline.  

I watched also a full scrimmage from Sunday, both(30 min.each) half's of the game between a White and a Green teams. And would like to notice invitee's Cates(#33) 2 goals during the second half of the game and his pretty good goal in a shootout. Even goaltender was not happy how he put it into the net. It seems a very smart guy from Stillwater,MN.Wish to have him in our team. Interesting that he played together in the line with Sokolov(#74) and Khovanov (#62). Puck control was pretty good among them too. I also liked a few diagonal passes between Sokolov and Khovanov. Khovanov likes to go to the net, and worked well in front of the net, which is a good sign. During the first half of the game and during a 3-on-3 OT Khovanov played together with Lodnia(#54). I think Lodnia played well. In general, both teams had a nice speeds too,not bad at all a puck control, which I liked.

Archived