Wild's Ownership Are they really "Committed to Winning it All"

sweetshot

4 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Depends on what he calls a “loss”. And the tax laws have so many loopholes for businesses to use “losses” to reduce profits, thereby reducing tax burden. Like I posted earlier, a good accountant can make the numbers say anything. 

Great point.  So beyond just the tax loopholes, why would you tell your fanbase you've been losing money?  Sympathy?  

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Great point.  So beyond just the tax loopholes, why would you tell your fanbase you've been losing money?  Sympathy?  

Sympathy, and to justify not spending money on UFA's.

And especially here, there is always the specter of the North Stars moving because Norm Green claimed he was losing money here. So if the Wild are losing money and the fans aren't stepping up to buy tickets and tchotchkes, the Wild might move like the Stars did...(even though we all know there were other reasons the team moved)...

11 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Sympathy, and to justify not spending money on UFA's.

And especially here, there is always the specter of the North Stars moving because Norm Green claimed he was losing money here. So if the Wild are losing money and the fans aren't stepping up to buy tickets and tchotchkes, the Wild might move like the Stars did...(even though we all know there were other reasons the team moved)...

Tchotckes, such a great word.  For whatever reason this always comes to mind when I hear it...

Image result for Tchotchke's waiter

So, maybe this would be a good time to ask who is interested in participating in a Wild fans speak article again?  I already have @DJ Ricky lined up to be our outside perspective.  

16 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

So, maybe this would be a good time to ask who is interested in participating in a Wild fans speak article again?  I already have @DJ Ricky lined up to be our outside perspective.  

Those are always fun. I always like seeing how different people view the team.

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Hope.

The last time he lost money he sold the Predators. Fans there I'm sure hollered "Amen!" Since then they've been doing great.

On 7/20/2018 at 12:18 PM, rottenrefs said:

Hope.

The last time he lost money he sold the Predators. Fans there I'm sure hollered "Amen!" Since then they've been doing great.

(shrugs)  I'm not sure about that.  The only thing I heard them slam Leipold was he put one of his son's into the team's front office.  Beyond that...he made sure he sold the team off to a group that would keep the club in Nashville instead of dealing it to someone who would've wanted to move the team.  If he really didn't care he would've sold it off to the Blackberry guy Jim Ballsillie and he would've tried moving the club to Hamilton, Ontario.  

6 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

(shrugs)  I'm not sure about that.  The only thing I heard them slam Leipold was he put one of his son's into the team's front office.  Beyond that...he made sure he sold the team off to a group that would keep the club in Nashville instead of dealing it to someone who would've wanted to move the team.  If he really didn't care he would've sold it off to the Blackberry guy Jim Ballsillie and he would've tried moving the club to Hamilton, Ontario.  

Yah, I was being facetious.

Archived