Dumba Signs...

4Check

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:19 PM, sweetshot said:

Bobby Orr is possibly the most humble athelete I have ever heard. Seems to be a trait many hockey players(especially the great Canadian players) share.

He was +124 one season with the Bruins, such an outrageous number I laugh whenever I hear it! 

I've never talked to him, just seen him walk by, but in interviews with him, from his book, and from comments from other people who had dealings with him, he seems to be a genuinely reserved, even shy personality.   

One small thing I remember, one of his old teammates was talking about Orr's book and how Orr didn't really mention fighting much.   I'm sorry, I don't remember the other guy's name, but he said Orr was actually a really tough customer out there and a very good fighter.   A lot more like Gordie Howe than Wayne Gretzky on the ice. 

Thanks for bringing Bobby Orr up!  I'm going to re-read his book!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Fargocase said:

What was Brodin?  

To me, the bigger shock is Brodin’s -4. Especially since he’s supposed to be the senior member of that pairing that supposedly plays a defensively solid game. 

Dumba is known for jumping in offensively as a result sometimes makes bone head plays. But Brodin had just as many bone head plays as Dumba did in that game. And he has zero offense. So what was Brodin’s excuse?

Brodin manned up after the game from what little I heard.   Of course we all saw Doobie not make the Saves - with Wild players standing around watching instead of doing their job -  but as a player and fan, pretty bush league to rag on Doobie after he's carried the team in a lot of games!  

Archived