Trouba Trouble for the Jets

hf101

Now that Arbitration has awarded Jacob Trouba for a 1 year $5.5M contract the Jets have 48 hours to accept the ruling or turn it down which will make Trouba an unrestricted free agent on July 1.  Trouba was the Jets’ first-round pick at ninth overall in the 2012 NHL Draft and there is no doubt they will let him walk away next summer for no return. 

The returns are probably better for the Jets if they trade him before this season starts, but then who will make that trade based on the likely hood Trouba will gladly become a free agent next July?   I have to figure that part of Trouba's plan is to be that #1 RH D-man on the team he would sign a long-term contract for.  The Leafs could be suitors imo, but also Trouba maybe planning to return to Michigan and play for Detroit, both teams could surely use him.

So if you are a Jets fan who would you accept in a trade for Trouba, and if you are the fan elsewhere who would you trade to have Trouba lead the defense on your team?

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

So if you are a Jets fan who would you accept in a trade for Trouba, and if you are the fan elsewhere who would you trade to have Trouba lead the defense on your team?

Well i think Lou will try hard to bring him to the Isle.

They only have 6 D men signed and those guys are unimpressive.

However they could hold onto him and try to get more at the trade dead line next year.

He comes across as a narcissistic immature punk to me, but that said, if the Wings can land him and lock him up long term he would be a serious building block for the team as a 1RHD that we have lacked since the days of Rafalski and truthfully even further back than that. I would love to see him wearing the winged wheel in the hopes that his attitude improves by getting out of Winnipeg. Some folks like small markets, others don't, he doesn't seem to be enamored with the city or the culture, perhaps a change of scenery is what he needs...

I think the Jet should have traded him last year but injuries on the backend and his undeniable talent made that difficult. I'm sure they tried. There's no way he's a Jet long term. Someone will trade for him. His trade value is high: a 1st and a high end prospect or roster player.

(shrugs)  Good thing for the Jets they're not SUPER desperate for him to be happy and do really well.  I can think of some teams Trouba would be a decent addition for.  He's still fairly young, has decent upside...he doesn't want to play in Winnipeg.  Big deal, I can understand why he isn't thrilled about it.  

Archived