Flyers Goaltending Situation

Howie58

7 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So do you think they should tank like we did to get Eichel?  And Hughes is not the number one prospect. The Russian is.  As for you above Rux, the Flyers did not name the new GM yet to my knowledge did they ?

Yes. Press conference and everything. Done deal since Monday. 

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ruxpin said:

Hughes will be the first overall pick. 

In a walk. 

He was third or fourth in the rankings I saw recently but I am sure you know better than me? I do not follow the juniors much since being stuck in the nosebleeds for that Gold game between Russia and Canada in Buffalo.  The beer tent was full of drunks with no shirts on in sub zero weather singing the Canadian anthem and the flag painted on their backs.  Russia would up beating the daylights out of them that night.  

Just now, Hockey Junkie said:

Who is it?  The guy you named above?  I take it you are not thrilled?

Horrified. Chuck Fletcher recently of the Wild.  The only good thing he's done in his career is trade for Dubnyk. 

Actually, Sabres fans should love him. You got a lot of draft picks from him.  I've no idea how those specific picks and prospects turned out, though. 

He's kind of a Holmgren clone. 

14 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I am certainly not worried about this minor slump after winning 10 in a row.  I expected this given the opponents and the timing the NHL threw at us.  I mean, at Nashville and then the Leafs the next night is bad enough and Tampa and Florida just before it. We gave Tampa all they could handle.  The Sabres lost by one goal in those loss's and two in OT.  The schedule gets a bit better but then we get Boston soon and I am looking forward to that.  We have a good chance to pay back our old nemesis, the Bruins

Yeah no reason for you guys to worry right now yall are one of the top 4 teams in the East...right now...a lot can change by the end of the season and injuries can quickly change the landscape...

13 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Horrified. Chuck Fletcher recently of the Wild.  The only good thing he's done in his career is trade for Dubnyk. 

Actually, Sabres fans should love him. You got a lot of draft picks from him.  I've no idea how those specific picks and prospects turned out, though. 

He's kind of a Holmgren clone. 

I do not know much about him to be honest.  I guess I am surprised

2 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I do not know much about him to be honest.  I guess I am surprised

Yeah, I'm not surprised because it was whispered as Hextall was leaving the building. 

But disappointed. He's going to gut the farm system for Moulsen types.  

That's why we're kind of talking about who we hope are untouchables.  I think all of us are steeling ourselves in preparation for losing our personal favorites. 

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, I'm not surprised because it was whispered as Hextall was leaving the building. 

But disappointed. He's going to gut the farm system for Moulsen types.  

That's why we're kind of talking about who we hope are untouchables.  I think all of us are steeling ourselves in preparation for losing our personal favorites. 

So you think he may trade guys like Gireux and VanRiemsdyk?  I think the one guy that might be truly untouchable on Philly is Van Riemsdyk.  All others could be open game if the price is right.  I would have also said Gudas last year but not so sure now?  Simmonds is likely go be waived as bait but he might stay.  I think Gireux is the biggest question.  He is tough to gauge. He can be a killer of a player and then he can have slumps but all players have slumps  Goalie might be the one position that is changed by next year for sure  I am not convinced this kid that is in their now is their long especially with Hart being the guy they believe is their future. I wonder what the heck is going on with this Fin that we drafted? I have not seen him in Rochester and the Sabres are carrying 3 goalies down there.

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I am not convinced this kid that is in their now is their long especially with Hart being the guy they believe is their future.

You're not convinced because you have seen hi play so much??? No.

And Hart doesn't have anything to do with it.

He has to finish this year playing in the AHL and most of next year before he will be given a chance to come to the big club.

It takes time to adjust to the pros.

Just looked at the Cap's Samsonov who has struggled in the AHL.

No this will be solely on Stolarz being able to show he is ready to help and if not then we could see Fletcher look elsewhere around the league for help...because i don't know if Elliott can stay healthy for the remainder of the year and Neuvy we know he can't.

It starts tonight with a big games against the Blue Jackets.

16 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So do you think they should tank like we did to get Eichel?  And Hughes is not the number one prospect. The Russian is.  As for you above Rux, the Flyers did not name the new GM yet to my knowledge did they ?

What Russian??? I don't even know if there's a Russian in the top ten this year.

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Maybe he means Kakko? Finland is at least near Russia....

Yeah good point....Finland was part of Russia back when Sweden lost to them around the 1800's....IIRC...maybe thats it!!

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah good point....Finland was part of Russia back when Sweden lost to them around the 1800's....IIRC...maybe thats it!!

"I lost my Finland. I have no idea where I left it." 

"What pants were you wearing yesterday?" 

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

You're not convinced because you have seen hi play so much??? No.

And Hart doesn't have anything to do with it.

He has to finish this year playing in the AHL and most of next year before he will be given a chance to come to the big club.

It takes time to adjust to the pros.

Just looked at the Cap's Samsonov who has struggled in the AHL.

No this will be solely on Stolarz being able to show he is ready to help and if not then we could see Fletcher look elsewhere around the league for help...because i don't know if Elliott can stay healthy for the remainder of the year and Neuvy we know he can't.

It starts tonight with a big games against the Blue Jackets.

And Columbus is playing good.  They are a scary team right now.  They can put the puck in the net with the likes of Cam Atkinson, who is goin against my fantasy team tonight and I am sure is going to light my arse on fire. They are dangerous

5 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

And Columbus is playing good.  They are a scary team right now.

tenor.gif?itemid=5636523

They just gave up 9 goals to the Flames 5 in the 2nd period alone....Bob got chased after giving up 8 goals...what part of that is playing well in what universe????

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

You realize that was LAST YEARS DRAFT right?

I pulled up the rankings for the draft and some Russian was listed as number one and Hughes was 4.  So I assumed it was this year.?  Not sure then if the name is correct.  I guess I have to research it again

Archived