Flyers Goaltending Situation

Howie58

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Don't try and have me committed for saying this but I would take Let-one-in over Elliott.

There I said it. Report me.

That's OK with me. Hell, I would take Bernie Parent at age 70 over Elliott. He looked good in the Flyers-Rangers alumni game.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would give the Sens Elliott and Stolie for Anderson.

Would you seriously consider Elliott, Hagg and a 4th for Anderson?  That is a hell of a payment for a stop gap you don't intend to keep, but I'd think about it. 

Sure.

Elliott's 857% tells me he is in regular season form. ...YUP

I'm telling you Lehtonen can't be worse. ...  You are probably right ...

Elliott hasn't sniffed 900% all preseason. ....  Elliot couldn't sniff his way out of a glue bag ....

What makes you think come the regular season he is going to flip that switch?  I've been drinking too much ;)

The only thing that switch is going to do is trigger him exploding like a hockey I.E.D.  .. KABOOM!

:smileyandcomputer:

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Would you seriously consider Elliott, Hagg and a 4th for Anderson?  That is a hell of a payment for a stop gap you don't intend to keep, but I'd think about it. 

Anderson is on the other side of 35 to boot ....  (just throwing that in too!)

Just now, pilldoc said:

Anderson is on the other side of 35 to boot ....  (just throwing that in too!)

Yeah, it's way overpaying.  But they could actually make some noise this year with a goalie. Even Anderson. 

The only noise you'll hear without a move is the sobs of children who get too close to Gritty. 

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Maybe there's a way to get Talbot from Edmonton for something like Hagg, Elliott and a 2nd. If there is, I'm all for it.

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I am reluctant to give Hagg away in a deal like that.

As I said I would do Elliott, Stolie and maybe Friedman and a 5th.

However I'm not sure they would be interested in Stolie or Freidman.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Did you see their trades with San Jose?  It's exactly what they'd want. 

Don't know if they'd do it with an Eastern conference team, but it's only for one season and Ottawa is going nowhere (in the standings. Geographically TBD) 

Anderson is 39. No thanks. Next thing you know, he'll get Neuvirth Disease.

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Don't know if they'd do it with an Eastern conference team, but it's only for one season and Ottawa is going nowhere (in the standings. Geographically TBD) 

You mean the Karlsson trade?

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Hell now that I think about it I'm thinking Ron might be the guy who will be watching the damn waiver wire now and then plucking  someone...and depending who he snags like a Hutchinson for example only then he could turn around and risk waiving Stolie and even Neuvy when healthy.

Hell now that I think about it I'm thinking Ron might be the guy who will be watching the damn waiver wire now and then plucking  someone...and depending who he snags like a Hutchinson for example only then he could turn around and risk waiving Stolie and even Neuvy when healthy.

That's a pretty good call. 

I think Calvin Pickard might be on waivers soon.

Maybe snag him.

I think I would. At least until Lyon is ready.  Hard to imagine Pickard being worse than Elliott, but he's not a heap better, either. 

Just now, ruxpin said:

I think I would. At least until Lyon is ready.  Hard to imagine Pickard being worse than Elliott, but he's not a heap better, either. 

I"m not sure Elliott can't even make the routine saves is what scares the f**k outa me...

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I just don't think they can go status quo on this.

No, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if BOTH Neuvirth and Elliott are gone, Hart starts and we trade for a veteran backup. My eyes aren't fooling me, Neuvirth has chronic injury issues, and Elliott is just plain not good. Screw patience.

I"m not sure Elliott can't even make the routine saves is what scares the f**k outa me...

I'm not sure it's just his usual suckage.  He's clearly not right physically, either.  He may be done.

Just now, FD19372 said:

No, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if BOTH Neuvirth and Elliott are gone, Hart starts and we trade for a veteran backup. My eyes aren't fooling me, Neuvirth has chronic injury issues, and Elliott is just plain not good.

Elliott has regressed big time and I ain't buying this rust crap.

He was sliding big time last year before the injury.

I hope Ron has a plan that doesn't involve throwing Hart to the Wolves.

Archived