×
Jump to content
Play Pick'em Daily Read more... ×

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
Howie58

Flyers Goaltending Situation

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So do you think they should tank like we did to get Eichel?  And Hughes is not the number one prospect. The Russian is.  As for you above Rux, the Flyers did not name the new GM yet to my knowledge did they ?

Yes. Press conference and everything. Done deal since Monday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, ruxpin said:

Hughes will be the first overall pick. 

 

In a walk. 

He was third or fourth in the rankings I saw recently but I am sure you know better than me? I do not follow the juniors much since being stuck in the nosebleeds for that Gold game between Russia and Canada in Buffalo.  The beer tent was full of drunks with no shirts on in sub zero weather singing the Canadian anthem and the flag painted on their backs.  Russia would up beating the daylights out of them that night.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yes. Press conference and everything. Done deal since Monday. 

Who is it?  The guy you named above?  I take it you are not thrilled?

 

FLETCHER????

Edited by Hockey Junkie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Hockey Junkie said:

Who is it?  The guy you named above?  I take it you are not thrilled?

Horrified. Chuck Fletcher recently of the Wild.  The only good thing he's done in his career is trade for Dubnyk. 

 

Actually, Sabres fans should love him. You got a lot of draft picks from him.  I've no idea how those specific picks and prospects turned out, though. 

 

He's kind of a Holmgren clone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I am certainly not worried about this minor slump after winning 10 in a row.  I expected this given the opponents and the timing the NHL threw at us.  I mean, at Nashville and then the Leafs the next night is bad enough and Tampa and Florida just before it. We gave Tampa all they could handle.  The Sabres lost by one goal in those loss's and two in OT.  The schedule gets a bit better but then we get Boston soon and I am looking forward to that.  We have a good chance to pay back our old nemesis, the Bruins

 

Yeah no reason for you guys to worry right now yall are one of the top 4 teams in the East...right now...a lot can change by the end of the season and injuries can quickly change the landscape...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Horrified. Chuck Fletcher recently of the Wild.  The only good thing he's done in his career is trade for Dubnyk. 

 

Actually, Sabres fans should love him. You got a lot of draft picks from him.  I've no idea how those specific picks and prospects turned out, though. 

 

He's kind of a Holmgren clone. 

I do not know much about him to be honest.  I guess I am surprised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I do not know much about him to be honest.  I guess I am surprised

Yeah, I'm not surprised because it was whispered as Hextall was leaving the building. 

 

But disappointed. He's going to gut the farm system for Moulsen types.  

 

That's why we're kind of talking about who we hope are untouchables.  I think all of us are steeling ourselves in preparation for losing our personal favorites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, I'm not surprised because it was whispered as Hextall was leaving the building. 

 

But disappointed. He's going to gut the farm system for Moulsen types.  

 

That's why we're kind of talking about who we hope are untouchables.  I think all of us are steeling ourselves in preparation for losing our personal favorites. 

So you think he may trade guys like Gireux and VanRiemsdyk?  I think the one guy that might be truly untouchable on Philly is Van Riemsdyk.  All others could be open game if the price is right.  I would have also said Gudas last year but not so sure now?  Simmonds is likely go be waived as bait but he might stay.  I think Gireux is the biggest question.  He is tough to gauge. He can be a killer of a player and then he can have slumps but all players have slumps  Goalie might be the one position that is changed by next year for sure  I am not convinced this kid that is in their now is their long especially with Hart being the guy they believe is their future. I wonder what the heck is going on with this Fin that we drafted? I have not seen him in Rochester and the Sabres are carrying 3 goalies down there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

 I am not convinced this kid that is in their now is their long especially with Hart being the guy they believe is their future.

 

You're not convinced because you have seen hi play so much??? No.

 

And Hart doesn't have anything to do with it.

 

He has to finish this year playing in the AHL and most of next year before he will be given a chance to come to the big club.

 

It takes time to adjust to the pros.

 

Just looked at the Cap's Samsonov who has struggled in the AHL.

 

No this will be solely on Stolarz being able to show he is ready to help and if not then we could see Fletcher look elsewhere around the league for help...because i don't know if Elliott can stay healthy for the remainder of the year and Neuvy we know he can't.

 

It starts tonight with a big games against the Blue Jackets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So do you think they should tank like we did to get Eichel?  And Hughes is not the number one prospect. The Russian is.  As for you above Rux, the Flyers did not name the new GM yet to my knowledge did they ?

 

What Russian??? I don't even know if there's a Russian in the top ten this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

 

What Russian??? I don't even know if there's a Russian in the top ten this year.

Svechnikov 😎

  • Uggh... 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

  I think the one guy that might be truly untouchable on Philly is Van Riemsdyk.  

 

 

:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

 

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Really gotta figure the only true untouchable is MacDonald. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, ruxpin said:

Really gotta figure the only true untouchable is MacDonald. 

 

Or Leino.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

What Russian???

 

Vasily Podkolzin??

 

Not sure who he is talking aboot....

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Vasily Podkolzin??

 

Not sure who he is talking aboot....

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Maybe he means Kakko? Finland is at least near Russia....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

 

Maybe he means Kakko? Finland is at least near Russia....

 

Yeah good point....Finland was part of Russia back when Sweden lost to them around the 1800's....IIRC...maybe thats it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Yeah good point....Finland was part of Russia back when Sweden lost to them around the 1800's....IIRC...maybe thats it!!

"I lost my Finland. I have no idea where I left it." 

 

"What pants were you wearing yesterday?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

You're not convinced because you have seen hi play so much??? No.

 

And Hart doesn't have anything to do with it.

 

He has to finish this year playing in the AHL and most of next year before he will be given a chance to come to the big club.

 

It takes time to adjust to the pros.

 

Just looked at the Cap's Samsonov who has struggled in the AHL.

 

No this will be solely on Stolarz being able to show he is ready to help and if not then we could see Fletcher look elsewhere around the league for help...because i don't know if Elliott can stay healthy for the remainder of the year and Neuvy we know he can't.

 

It starts tonight with a big games against the Blue Jackets.

And Columbus is playing good.  They are a scary team right now.  They can put the puck in the net with the likes of Cam Atkinson, who is goin against my fantasy team tonight and I am sure is going to light my arse on fire. They are dangerous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Vasily Podkolzin??

 

Not sure who he is talking aboot....

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Ruxpin answered the question above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

yes indeed

 

You realize that was LAST YEARS DRAFT right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

And Columbus is playing good.  They are a scary team right now.

 

tenor.gif?itemid=5636523

 

 

They just gave up 9 goals to the Flames 5 in the 2nd period alone....Bob got chased after giving up 8 goals...what part of that is playing well in what universe????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

 

You realize that was LAST YEARS DRAFT right?

I pulled up the rankings for the draft and some Russian was listed as number one and Hughes was 4.  So I assumed it was this year.?  Not sure then if the name is correct.  I guess I have to research it again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 6
      Post
      Somehow, those tiny dots will cause Neuvirth to get injured.
    • 5
      Post
      Occam:   He was signed as a glorified stopgap, and we got that kind of performance. 
    • 4
      Post
      Lyon out 4 weeks with a LBI suffered before the last Islanders game. He's apparently been training with Neuvirth this offseason.
    • 4
      Post
      Trade him now. His value will never be higher. 😑
    • 4
      Post
      The coach should have called a timeout after Tkachuk goals, or even after the first of his goals, to calm things down and rally/wake the guys up.
    • 4
      Post
      If they even consider starting any of the other current goalies than Stolarz, they(whoever called the decision) should be immediately fired.....from a cannon....into the same wall that killed Pelle.....

About HF.net

 We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and more in our Forums.  Our members may also write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more.  If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

 

 

Contact Us

 

Recent Topics

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free
×