Flyers Goaltending Situation

Howie58

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5636523

They just gave up 9 goals to the Flames 5 in the 2nd period alone....Bob got chased after giving up 8 goals...what part of that is playing well in what universe????

That is one game. Before that they have been winning.  Look at their record

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

That dude is a Hurricane now since last draft....is your Roku up to date or you have last year's version??

I did a google search on the top draft prospects.  That is all I can say.  Hughes was around 4

Just now, Hockey Junkie said:

That is one game. Before that they have been winning.  Look at their record

Bob is 10-9-0 with a 3.04 gaa and a 901% on the season....that once again is not playing well...Brian Elliott ha better numbers than Bob.

7 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Right now Columbus is better than Philly.

Well they have played 2 more games than the Flyers and are only 8 points ahead so that can close to 6 tonight with a win and still two games in hand. Blue Jackets do not scare me one bit.

Bob had a 692 % vs Flames and a 897% vs the Isles the other night. Talk about a team on the slide.

Guess we'll see so if the Flyers win they will have beaten a good team right....i mean you said they are a good team...

6 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Ok that is the guy i was talking about but i seen him going 5th....but who knows right now.

14 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I pulled up the rankings for the draft and some Russian was listed as number one and Hughes was 4.  So I assumed it was this year.?  Not sure then if the name is correct.  I guess I have to research it again

Yeah, that was last year. His older brother was projected to go #4 at one point. He did go top 10, but I forget what pick and to whom. 

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well they have played 2 more games than the Flyers and are only 8 points ahead so that can close to 6 tonight with a win and still two games in hand. Blue Jackets do not scare me one bit.

Bob had a 692 % vs Flames and a 897% vs the Isles the other night. Talk about a team on the slide.

Guess we'll see so if the Flyers win they will have beaten a good team right....i mean you said they are a good team...

I do believe Columbus is good and a dangerous team for any of the top teams to meet down the road. 

19 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Thanks for posting that!  I hadn't seen that yet. 

It could change by next spring I am sure.  I have to see this Hughes play and find out who he plays for?  Is it London?  I tell you, these Euro players are damn good.  I believe they have caught up to Canada.  Look at Ristolianen and Dahlin.  Finland and Sweden.  And Sweden has won the gold medal in the Olympics

2 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I do believe Columbus is good and a dangerous team for any of the top teams to meet down the road. 

Well see Bob is an infamous choker....Michal Neuvirth has actually more playoff wins than Bob.

True story.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Well see Bob is an infamous choker....Michal Neuvirth has actually more playoff wins than Bob.

True story.

Well no doubt Bobrovsky can be up and down.  But I do not think the Flyers can match a guy like Cam Atkinson right now.  Other than Van Riemsdyk who  to me is their best player. Its hard to call the Flyers a good team yet. They may be later.  But right now they are full of turmoil.  They have in house fighting in their administration and goalie problems.   Hell, most teams have goalie problems unless you are the Kings who have the worst record in the NHL and yet are set at goalie.  Go figure that out. Who saw them and Chicago falling apart so fast with the big names still around, especially on the Blackhawks.  The league is changing before our eyes. My team is back in the mix, and they should be.  Buffalo is a true hockey town unlike freaking Tampa and Florida.  Have you watched a game in Florida?  The seats are empty every night.  How do they keep that team?

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

True story.

Well, there it is. We should be on the phone with Kekalainen with that logic. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

But I do not think the Flyers can match a guy like Cam Atkinson right now.

Wut??

Image result for wut gif

He is playing well but his 5-8 ass isn't unstoppable. He isn't Mcdavid or Auston Matthews by any means.

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Well, there it is. We should be on the phone with Kekalainen with that logic. :ph34r:

What trying to help him out by trading him Neuvy by all means let's do it...i'll take a 1st rounder for him please... :joe:

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Ok, fair enough....I'd never seen him ranked that high before. But Hughes has been the clear #1 since Dahlin was drafted.

51 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wut??

Image result for wut gif

He is playing well but his 5-8 ass isn't unstoppable. He isn't Mcdavid or Auston Matthews by any means.

There was a guy named Marcel Dionne that was shorter and was unstoppable.  And nobody could run over Micheal Peca.  Not so sure McDavid and Matthews size advantage are that significant.  Cam Atkinson can score, thats for sure.  This game is likely going to be a shootout at the OK Coral.  

6 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

There was a guy named Marcel Dionne that was shorter and was unstoppable.  And nobody could run over Micheal Peca.  Not so sure McDavid and Matthews size advantage are that significant.  Cam Atkinson can score, thats for sure.  This game is likely going to be a shootout at the OK Coral.  

Flyers have some scorers too. Claude Giroux you may have heard of him he scored 102 points last year.

Don't worry they are about to find out who is better than who in an hour and a half no matter what we say.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers have some scorers too. Claude Giroux you may have heard of him he scored 102 points last year.

Don't worry they are about to find out who is better than who in an hour and a half no matter what we say.

Well I know Claude is good.  Damn good. I do not say one team is better than another based on one hockey game either

PS.  I do not think any Flyer is untouchable other than JVR

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

But I do not think the Flyers can match a guy like Cam Atkinson right now

Man, is he having a hell of a season.  I don't understand his season last year, actually, because he was very good the year before.

I went out of my way to draft him in fantasy and am really glad I did.

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well I know Claude is good.  Damn good. I do not say one team is better than another based on one hockey game either

PS.  I do not think any Flyer is untouchable other than JVR

If Hextall were still here, I would agree without blinking.  Because JVR is (was) his one big FA signing, so trading him would be admission that his one big splash was a failure.

I'm not expecting him to be traded, actually, but I don't think he's untouchable with the new GM.   Nearly so, though, because much for the same reason, I don't think Holmgren will want to move him quite yet.   If they're all about pointlessly wanting to make the playoffs this year, the Flyers' management has to think he is a part of that.

Personally, I think I'd trade him for a Klondike Bar.    

More than Giroux, Voracek, or JVR, I'm more concerned with them giving into the temptation to trade one of the kids (plus picks) for a 3C or a rent-a-mule goalie du jour.   Just so we can have 2 or 3 playoff home games and call it a success.

Archived