Flyers Goaltending Situation

Howie58

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'm not sure it's just his usual suckage.  He's clearly not right physically, either.  He may be done.

Did Aziz say he was a former goalie?

Maybe the Flyers sign him to a PTO contract see if he can help.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Elliott has regressed big time and I ain't buying this rust crap.

He was sliding big time last year before the injury.

I hope Ron has a plan that doesn't involve throwing Hart to the Wolves.

Well, I remember a kid named Hextall who took the Flyers to Game 7 of the SCF in 1987. I know that was a much better team, but they might not have much of a choice right now. They just need a HEALTHY, capable backup.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Well, I remember a kid named Hextall who took the Flyers to Game 7 of the SCF in 1987. I know that was a much better team, but they might not have much of a choice right now. They just need a HEALTHY, capable backup.

Yeah, but he was 22.  And he played in the AHL 1+ seasons.

I mean, I guess, but it's a dangerous roll of the dice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Sure I got that.

But the one draw back is the finally may have a franchise goalie here. Finally.

Is that worth damaging his confidence if it doesn't go right?

I can't fully say.

Hell he could come in and blow the league away.

Or the team in front of him could come in and have their yearly usual slow start he gets lit the f**k up and then they send him down and he takes awhile to get over that demotion and it sets him back further if he comes to the AHL and struggles. You can't undo that.

All I know is I'm glad I don't have to make that call.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

At this point, in all seriousness, letting Hart start the season and making Neuvirth the backup might be what is truly best for the team. Trade Elliott for whatever you can get for him right now.

I don't want to give up what it would take to move Elliott.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

You spelled Lehtfourin wrong.

You're welcome.

It's all good...

...he is still better than Elliott who is as slow as a frozen turd rolling up hill in the snow.

Which yeah I know ain't saying much.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

With only two more preseason games left I let Stolie play the whole next game...while game praying he can show he is ready to help more then spit the last game between Elliott and Stolie and the best man starts the season opener.

Vegas is waiting and licking their chops...

Edited by OccamsRazor

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

What would that be to pay his Uber fair?

Done!

LOL

Think along the lines of what St. Louis had to give up to move Lehtera.   It wouldn't be anywhere near that to move Elliott, but the point being that not only would we not get something back for him but might actually have to pay out.

I may be okay with that.   

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

What would that be to pay his Uber fair?

Done!

It's no secret that I don't like Elliott a little bit, so I'd move him for a broken skate sharpener.

The question is whether another team is willing to give that up or if they'd want a third rounder for it as well...

😁

13 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Maybe there's a way to get Talbot from Edmonton for something like Hagg, Elliott and a 2nd. If there is, I'm all for it.

that is way too much... Hagg goes to the Oil and he's top 4... no way to i send a draft pick too...

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So it sounds like you're in favor of keeping Neuvy and waiving Stolie I guess.

i don't care either way.  just saying goalies who have 7 NHL games under their belt 6 years out from their draft day, and mediocre numbers in the minors to boot, don't tend to be coveted by opposing GMs, especially when everyone is working really hard to trim their rosters down to regular season size.

5 hours ago, Howie58 said:

At what point do we have to worry about Stolarz on waivers if he is sent down?  I'd hate to lose him with no compensation.  

I think he will get claimed.....a former 2nd round pick with not many NHL games under his belt yet he played pretty well in the games he played in.......should have gotten more playing time when Mason and Neuvy got hurt....but that is an argument for another time.

Myself i let him back Elliott (who should have a short leash himself from what i have seen) and if Elliott struggles (like is expected by me) then give Stolie a shot...best shot is he could play well and maybe when Lyon is healthy you could trade Lyon or Stolie instead of losing one of them on waivers for nothing. Maybe.

However i have turned the page on Neuvy i'm waiving him as soon as i can...he can tandem with Hart in LV.

20 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Would you seriously consider Elliott, Hagg and a 4th for Anderson?  That is a hell of a payment for a stop gap you don't intend to keep, but I'd think about it. 

Yeah, that's an overpayment on Ottawa's part, but their GM is terribad, so we might even be able to get a pick out of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Yeah, that's an overpayment on Ottawa's part, but their GM is terribad, so we might even be able to get a pick out of it.

Yeah i would swap Friedman out with Hagg and see if that does it.

Seems like Ottawa would be ok with that considering the get out from under Anderson's contract for 2019-20 too.

And get Elliott and Condon in net so they look like they are trying.

It is risky for the Flyers next year if Anderson bombs though.