News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

JR Ewing

Patrik Laine, the stingy superstar

Based on this most recent interview with Laine about contract talks (non-existent apparently), I would trade the punk so fast it's not even funny.

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Because it's the dog days of summer, Laine is trending on twitter dot com in Canada this morning. For no reason other than people spit balling trade scenarios. None started by me.

But the Jets really should trade him. 

17 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Because it's the dog days of summer, Laine is trending on twitter dot com in Canada this morning. For no reason other than people spit balling trade scenarios. None started by me.

Not limited to Patrik Laine, but with the large number of desirable RFAs out there all over the league, I think some teams are going to get some really good talent for a relative pittance. Laine might be one of those guys.

4 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Not limited to Patrik Laine, but with the large number of desirable RFAs out there all over the league, I think some teams are going to get some really good talent for a relative pittance. Laine might be one of those guys.

Maybe. It's certainly a bit of a weird moment.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:57 AM, Podein25 said:

He sure could have answered that "do you hope it's Winnipeg" question better. I wonder if his answer is based more on his feelings for the Winnipeg area or his teammates.

44 minutes ago, sweetshot said:

He sure could have answered that "do you hope it's Winnipeg" question better. I wonder if his answer is based more on his feelings for the Winnipeg area or his teammates.

Yeah that answer was horrible, rather like his play away from the puck.

My understanding is that he likes Winnipeg, doesn't care about being in a big city or anything, like that. Not uncommon for Finnish players to not care about stuff like that. Hell, you can play video games anywhere, which is how he prefers to spend his time.

I think maybe some of the leadership group have likely grown a bit tired of Laine. But that's just me speculating.