Patrik Laine, the stingy superstar

JR Ewing

• 3 weeks later...

Because it's the dog days of summer, Laine is trending on twitter dot com in Canada this morning. For no reason other than people spit balling trade scenarios. None started by me.

But the Jets really should trade him. 

17 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Because it's the dog days of summer, Laine is trending on twitter dot com in Canada this morning. For no reason other than people spit balling trade scenarios. None started by me.

Not limited to Patrik Laine, but with the large number of desirable RFAs out there all over the league, I think some teams are going to get some really good talent for a relative pittance. Laine might be one of those guys.

4 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Not limited to Patrik Laine, but with the large number of desirable RFAs out there all over the league, I think some teams are going to get some really good talent for a relative pittance. Laine might be one of those guys.

Maybe. It's certainly a bit of a weird moment.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:57 AM, Podein25 said:

He sure could have answered that "do you hope it's Winnipeg" question better. I wonder if his answer is based more on his feelings for the Winnipeg area or his teammates.

44 minutes ago, sweetshot said:

He sure could have answered that "do you hope it's Winnipeg" question better. I wonder if his answer is based more on his feelings for the Winnipeg area or his teammates.

Yeah that answer was horrible, rather like his play away from the puck.

My understanding is that he likes Winnipeg, doesn't care about being in a big city or anything, like that. Not uncommon for Finnish players to not care about stuff like that. Hell, you can play video games anywhere, which is how he prefers to spend his time.

I think maybe some of the leadership group have likely grown a bit tired of Laine. But that's just me speculating.