Zucker signs

TonyOday

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, rottenrefs said:

Yep, that's what we're talking about.

This team has no desire to give any young blood any reign at leadership as other successful teams do year in and year out and the worst part of it as I've been harping on for nearly a decade, Leipold is behind a failed GM and three head coaches by letting players dictate just about every facet of hockey this club puts out on the ice.

The majority of Fletchers many roster moves did not involve input from any players.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, sweetshot said:

The majority of Fletchers many roster moves did not involve input from any players.

That may apply if one includes player prospects going to Iowa, but for the big club players who got here were bounced off the three stooges. I don't think there's any doubt Koivu, Parise and Suter had more input over them than Yeo, Boudreau, or their assistant coaches.

What I was more so referring to was players dictating things like their own time on ice, on PK's, PP's, line mates, 3 on 3... 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, Lonkkis said:

So in order of performance:

Parise

Granlund

Haula

Niederreiter

Coyle

Koivu

Zucker

Staal

Zucker and Haula are comparable due to how Wild has treated them. In retrospect, Zucker is the one that should been sent to Vegas, based on playoff performance. Staals playoff experience with the Wild is so small that it's hard to make a fair comparison.

Parise, Granny, Niederreiter and Coyle pretty much are where they should be, based on how they've been played.

Koivu is the big elephant in the room.

Coyle actually has 7g and 8a in 44 playoff games.

23 minutes ago, sweetshot said:

Pominville had 9g and 14a in 36 playoff games. He literally led all Wild players in that department but was essentially worthless outside of that.

Edit: By led I mean during the 4 years he was here.

3 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Pominville had 9g and 14a in 36 playoff games. He literally led all Wild players in that department but was essentially worthless outside of that.

I'm not sure where you're headed with that but those numbers are virtually the same PPG he had during the regular season for a couple of those years. I think generally if a player's PPG during the playoffs is close to or better than the regular season(most players do drop some during the playoffs), that signifies a good playoff performer.

IMO if you consider his age when he was here, Pominville was a very good player. The problem with Pominville was not necessarily him, but the contract the Wild gave him.

8 minutes ago, sweetshot said:

I'm not sure where you're headed with that but those numbers are virtually the same PPG he had during the regular season for a couple of those years. I think generally if a player's PPG during the playoffs is close to or better than the regular season(most players do drop some during the playoffs), that signifies a good playoff performer.

IMO if you consider his age when he was here, Pominville was a very good player. The problem with Pominville was not necessarily him, but the contract the Wild gave him.

So we're supposed to believe Coyle is somehow effective in the playoffs?  Keep trying...

2 hours ago, sweetshot said:

Pominville got top line minutes for much of his time here and as time wore on he out-scored himself on lower lines compared to if he played on either of the top 2 lines. When he faded he faded quick.

All I'm saying is for a FA coming here he did better than the junk the Wild keep re-signing... Koivu cough cough

3 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

So we're supposed to believe Coyle is somehow effective in the playoffs?  Keep trying...

Where did I say that?? Somebody posted he had 7g and 15a in 44 playoff games. I just responded saying he actually had 7g and only 8a in 44 games.

4 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Hasn't been.  That doesn't mean he won't be or can't be..   Hate on him all you want, but at times he's been an excellent player.

16 hours ago, sweetshot said:

Blame refs, he's the one that provided the stats. :D

So recalculating the performance based on points-per-minute:

7g, 8a = 15 pts / 737 minutes played

0.020 pts/min

Which knocks him down below Koivu. Yikes.

On 8/8/2018 at 10:17 PM, Fargocase said:

Hasn't been.  That doesn't mean he won't be or can't be..   Hate on him all you want, but at times he's been an excellent player.

I am sure Benoit Pouliot had a few great games.  You could say that for any player.  Coyle is a teaser.  Shows flashes that lead you to believe he could be dominant but the production doesn't really come along with it most of the time.  Despite being a good citizen, he isn't trending in a positive direction for this team.  

4 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I am sure Benoit Pouliot had a few great games.  You could say that for any player.  Coyle is a teaser.  Shows flashes that lead you to believe he could be dominant but the production doesn't really come along with it most of the time.  Despite being a good citizen, he isn't trending in a positive direction for this team.  

Quite frankly the same could be said for just about every player on this team.

On 8/11/2018 at 11:13 AM, rottenrefs said:

Quite frankly the same could be said for just about every player on this team.

Rotty, I agree with you about just about every player, except may be Zucker and Staal during the regular season (both showed an improving outstanding production for 2 seasons in a row), but in playoffs 100% agree with your post on August 9 regarding the whole team.

Hope, Zucker will reach 40 goals this season and will start to produce in playoffs as well as Staal and other members of the big club. It is a time to change their mentality towards their permanent playoffs production. That is a tough task but possible. An example was our single playoffs 3rd game against of tough Jets this year when we won with a score 6:2 despite of their bull helper Byfuglien. To have some bulls in the team is a good thing but consistent multiple productive players are more important in all 4 lines as well as among defensemen too. In interview this year, Kaprizov said during Gagarin Cup finals against AkBars that it is a team’s play, which CSKA (Moscow Red Army Club) lost it in 5 games . Partially agree with that, but plus to that we still need a consistent mental catalyst for the better production. Usually, coach is not good for that role because he has too many emotions and too many doubts regarding all players during any game. Maybe someone out of our new youngsters will be a good one (even better to have 2 or 3). Time will show if we have one. So far no yet. Or maybe the big trio (K-P-S) itself will improve their mentality too to boost the team that we badly need a better SCORING especially during playoffs? I am really skeptical if we have one out of our new free agent signings this year. But who knows?

I am very excited, even getting more interest to our Iowa Wild team this year to see what kind of future we have for the big club with their renewed roster. Old veterans some day will go, but the future is always more intriguing than reality, which is normal.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:11 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

I still don't think we've seen the best of Coyle.   I have no problem giving him a pass for last year, or Nino for that matter, or Zooker from two years ago.   Injuries can wreck a season for anyone.  I'm disappointed, yes, but far from throwing in the towel on him.  The season after next Coyle is an UFA.  Let's see what he does this season.   He might be trade bait near the Trade Deadline this year or next.   Or this off season.   I wouldn't be crushed to see him go at all, but I hope they don't give him away, Coyle has a lot of good attributes.

Archived