You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

I think you're putting too much emphasis on Playoff performance. Players get rewarded for what they do in the regular season. Because they literally don't get paid during the Playoffs. They might get bonuses or something for Playoff performance, but their main compensation is for regular season performance.   And if you don't perform during the regular season, teams probably aren't going to want you around anyways...   I'd continue signing the younger guys unless something be
      I find it hilarious that the owners want to keep ratcheting down the CBA to get "cost certainty", yet every time the CBA gets approved, there is always that one GM or owner immediately trying to figure out ways around the CBA. Look at Lou Lamoriello, biggest hypocrite out there. He played hardball on the owners negotiating team for the first CBA, only to immediately find any loophole he could to cook up the Ilya Kovalchuk deal to get around the CBA he helped negotiate.   As far as cont
      Does anybody believe that Zucker's playoff numbers, 4 goals in 31 games, should have given the Wild cause not to sign him long term? He is one of the core members of this team and considering there doesn't seem to be any other core members who are willing to consistently do what it takes to be successful in the playoffs, do we need another one of those kinds of players? I like Zucker a lot, always have, but his signing doesn't do much toward the ultimate success of this team--and won't for the n
      You don't get to the Playoffs without winning in the regular season, something Zucker's 30 goals contributed to. Zucker's shown himself to be a good soldier and was rewarded for it.   The Wild are like the Twins. They're built for regular season success. But once they're in the Playoffs, they're toast. Burnt toast.
      Arbitration can be nasty.  The Wild would likely have spelled out all the reasons Zucker didn't deserve what he was asking for. Could create some pretty hard feelings.   IMO, if Zucker was allowed to get within months of UFA, he'd been foolish not to see what the 30 other teams were willing to spend (overspend).   If Fenton ends up with second thoughts or Zuck lays another egg in the playoffs (assumption they get in), he could always deal him up to July 1 2019.  Or settle for the 10 team NTC in
      Zucker's deal IMO isn't terrible.  I don't mind the length of the term considering he's 26 years old.  We'll see if he not only lives up to the contract or if he cools off with the bigger contract in his back pocket.  I feel like the chance for the Wild to get a decent return on the investment is better than #24.  

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name