Skinner waives no trade clause to join Sabres rebuild

Buffalo Rick

I believe a contract extension is on the horizon.  On the regular unit they have projected Eichel with Skinner and Reinhart  I believe that Bergland can be used on Power plays.  It will be interesting to see if Housley uses the two Rasmus's, Dahlin and Risto together on a regular basis or splits them up?  I would use them together on the PP and split them on the regular shifts but thank God I am not running the ship.  Begosian and Scandella are likely to be used with them but there are new faces.  I love, LOVE, the moves Botteril has made.  I mean, its unbelievale to think that we have done this much in one summer.  The Sabres have improved this club big time.  You see what Vegas did and the sky is the limit I tell you.  I absolutely believe the playoffs are no stretch at all.  Who is there to be afraid of?  Florida?  I mean even if its a very low seed I like our chances if Housley does not mess things up.  And if he does not get results fast, he might be shown the door.  But its hard to imagine him messing this up given the talent he has to work with.  There is much to be excited about in Sabreland.  I know some will chime in here and predict doom and gloom.  But I am not buying into that one bit. This is another huge step for us.  And the fact that a guy like Skinner waived his no trade clause to come here speaks volumes.  I would not be shocked to see one Buffalo native like Kane try to get in on this.  But I am not sure how long he is locked into Chicago?   I bet he wish's now he was a Sabre? Patrick I mean.  Not Evander. But its not likely to happen.  And at this stage, do we even need him?  I see Eichel will wear Derrick Roy's old number 9.  I prefer him with Robert's 15. I wish Derrick were still here with his friend Pommenville.  Go Sabres!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Archived