×
Jump to content
Play Pick'em Daily Read more... ×

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
pilldoc

The "Crow or Gripe" About Your All Star Team Thread: 2018-19

Pick a date for the Draft  

4 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What day works best for you for the HF.net ALL STAR FHL Draft?

    • Saturday, September 29th @ 2:00 pm EST
      0
    • Saturday, September 29th @ 4:00 pm EST
      1
    • Saturday, September 29th @ 6:00 pm EST
      0
    • Sunday, September 30th @ 2:00 pm EST
      0
    • Sunday, September 30th @ 4:00 pm EST
      0
    • Sunday, September 30th @ 6:00 pm EST
      2
    • I'm Flexible for any date or time
      2


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

A new Fantasy Hockey season deserves a new FHL Thread.

 

I am officially opening up the new All Star League thread.

 

Good Luck to all!

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

@ruxpin

@molonosoff

@InsideEdge

@J0e Th0rnton

@yave1964

 

Note about the draft .....

 

Notes

Select the month, then the day and time you want your live draft. Not all times will be available.

All draft times are shown in PDT.

Important: Head-to-Head leagues which draft on Wednesday, Oct 3 or later will miss fantasy Week 1, which runs Wednesday, Oct 3 - Sunday, Oct 14. These leagues will start scoring in the next full fantasy week after their draft.

The first day of regular season games is Wednesday, Oct 3.

 

Therefore we MUST have the Draft before Oct. 3rd. 

Also the scoring for the 1st week will run from Oct 3rd through Oct. 14th.

 

My proposal is to have the Draft either Saturday, September 29th or Sunday, September 30th.  My suggestion is around 4 pm in afternoon and allow for about 2 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

If we can avoid September 30, that'd be great. But if that's what works for everyone else, that's fine. I auto-drafted last year and I was actually happy with it, so... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

If we can avoid September 30, that'd be great. But if that's what works for everyone else, that's fine. I auto-drafted last year and I was actually happy with it, so... 

 

Once I have all the GM's confirmed for All Star, we can come up with a mutual consensus for all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

On 8/21/2018 at 5:44 PM, pilldoc said:

@ruxpin

@molonosoff

@InsideEdge

@J0e Th0rnton

@yave1964

 

Note about the draft .....

 

Notes

Select the month, then the day and time you want your live draft. Not all times will be available.

All draft times are shown in PDT.

Important: Head-to-Head leagues which draft on Wednesday, Oct 3 or later will miss fantasy Week 1, which runs Wednesday, Oct 3 - Sunday, Oct 14. These leagues will start scoring in the next full fantasy week after their draft.

The first day of regular season games is Wednesday, Oct 3.

 

Therefore we MUST have the Draft before Oct. 3rd. 

Also the scoring for the 1st week will run from Oct 3rd through Oct. 14th.

 

My proposal is to have the Draft either Saturday, September 29th or Sunday, September 30th.  My suggestion is around 4 pm in afternoon and allow for about 2 hours.

I can't guarantee my schedule anymore, so pick a day and cross my fingers lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@J0e Th0rnton / @Bakanekimiwa / @ruxpin / @InsideEdge / @TropicalFruitGirl26 / @yave1964 / @Mad Dog / @MrDanglez67 / @Ladyneat / @Molonsoft

 

Ok so we have all the members of the All Star League Set.  If you have not confirmed your team in YAHOO yet, please do so, so that I can finalize the league.  We also need to pick a Draft Date.  The 2 days I am proposing are either:

 

  • Saturday, September 29th @ 4:00 pm EST (we could move it earlier in afternoon around 2 pm or later in evening  ~6 pm)
  • Sunday, Sepember 30th @ 4:00 pm EST (we could move it earlier in afternoon around 2 pm or later in evening ~6 pm)

 

Using the poll above, please choose a date.  Majority wins.  Please vote ASAP so I can make the change in in YAHOO.

 

Thanks!

 

~doc

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

I am flexible, either works for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

I voted flexible.

Truly, my home life is a bit upside down right now, slowly settling, so most things I am just doing as they come.
I DO want to play fantasy hockey with you guys because its my calm space away from my sometimes hectic life, so I am willing to just go with whatever the majority decides.

I believe I did that last year too.
Just saw what most wanted and just made it a point to be available for that day and time.

And @pilldoc I haven't, as of this posting done anything on the Yahoo page, but I will get to it. 
I am just now getting around to Rad's invite and the NAHANA league (keepers ya know!! lol)….but you are next on my 'confirmation'...definitely count me as being in!

Good luck to everyone this year.
Let's have another fun one!

😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

IMPORTANT DRAFT DATE!!!!

 

Selected Date and Time

Date: Sunday, September 30, 2018

Time: 3:00 pm PST

 

PLEASE NOTE:   YAHOO IS IN PST (PACIFIC STANDARD TIME).  THE DRAFT TIME IS 3:00 PST.

 

THIS IS 6:00 PM EST (EASTERN STANDARD TIME)!!!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

18 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

IMPORTANT DRAFT DATE!!!!

 

Selected Date and Time

Date: Sunday, September 30, 2018

Time: 3:00 pm PST

 

PLEASE NOTE:   YAHOO IS IN PST (PACIFIC STANDARD TIME).  THE DRAFT TIME IS 3:00 PST.

 

THIS IS 6:00 PM EST (EASTERN STANDARD TIME)!!!!

 

Thanks, Doc.

I'm in Central, so I will mark down on my planner, Sun, Dec 30, 5pm for me.
That should be doable.....I want to add "length of time"...should we figure 1.5 - 2 hrs to be enough for everyone to draft through all the rounds, or should we be done significantly sooner than that?

Just looking for a ballpark time frame....either way, thanks again, and count me and the Green Star Blades in on draft day!
:ahappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

 

Thanks, Doc.

I'm in Central, so I will mark down on my planner, Sun, Dec 30, 5pm for me.
That should be doable.....I want to add "length of time"...should we figure 1.5 - 2 hrs to be enough for everyone to draft through all the rounds, or should we be done significantly sooner than that?

Just looking for a ballpark time frame....either way, thanks again, and count me and the Green Star Blades in on draft day!
:ahappy:

 

I think the time zone is in your yahoo settings.  My Yahoo drafts says EST.  So it probably is a good idea to check 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Autodtaft for me, but that's okay. I look forward to the kibitzing during the draft and will miss that, but competitively, I don't think it makes a difference. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REMINDER ---

 

DRAFT TIME = Sunday 9/30/18 @ 6 pm EST

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Why does it say the entire Waiver wire is locked till Oct 2nd? in NAHANA, people were able to change day of draft to put guys on IR

 

@pilldoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Why does it say the entire Waiver wire is locked till Oct 2nd? in NAHANA, people were able to change day of draft to put guys on IR

 

@pilldoc

 

 

I don't know ?

 

just saw that myself

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

57 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

 

 

I don't know ?

 

just saw that myself

 

 

Looks like Rad's Nahana Yahoo monkeys got into our All Star settings...  :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Ok...probably too early to "Crow", but I rather like the look of my team to start this season.

A real cross section of players from around the league (except Ottawa....no way you can get me to draft a Senator... lol....JK...maybe..)

Pure Centers
Jon Toews, Chi

Paul Stastny, VGK
Brayden Point, TBL

RW with C eligibility
Leon Draisaitl, Edm
Joe Pavelski, SJS
Charlie Coyle, Min

LW with C eligibility
Nick Schmaltz, Chi

Dual LW, RW
Travis Konecny, Phi
Jakub Vrana, Wsh

 

Pure Wingers on a single side
Pat Maroon (LW), StL
Brendan Gallagher (RW), Mon
Patric Hornqvist (RW), Pit

Defense
Victor Hedman, TBL

Dustin Byfuglien, Wpg
Shea Theodore, VGK
Mikhail Sergachev, TBL
Nikita Zadorav, Col

Goaltending
Tuuka Rask, Bos
Martin Jones, SJS

Aaron Dell, SJS


Everything is, of course, barring injury or unforeseen declines...
But I think I have peripherals such as FOW, Hits, Blocks, PIMs, and +/- covered pretty well.

Goals and Assists should be decent at even strength, though actual PP goals MAY be a problem, maybe do alright with PPA.

 

My goalies are good and are backstopping what should be contending teams.
Rask has the always defensive minded Bruins in front of him, and I get all the Sharks starts this year with the tandem of Martin/Dell....sorry for all you Dell streamers (I know he was popular for that), but he is now married to Martin.... hehehe.

Sharks and Bruins defense could possibly allow for better GAA and the possibility for shut outs....as well as the win totals being pretty good also.

But, as they say, we shall see.
EVERYONE is a Cup contender during preseason....and EVERYONE has a plan till they get checked hard into the boards, right?...…   :shifty:

I get a real good test against a savvy GM my first week (that long week right? haha) in @yave1964 's Foil team.

Let's get this season started!!
Yay.gif.b78ae31e3acbeccd793d83540b81e4b9.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

What manner of hell did my autodraft come from. 

 

I'm telling you, it did absolutely nothing I'd set it up to do. Players on my list were available and it took others and then drafts people specifically on my "do not draft" list.  What kind of brain damaged imbecile takes Mrazek? Even for a robot? 

 

Sweet Jesus

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

What manner of hell did my autodraft come from. 

 

I'm telling you, it did absolutely nothing I'd set it up to do. Players on my list were available and it took others and then drafts people specifically on my "do not draft" list.  What kind of brain damaged imbecile takes Mrazek? Even for a robot? 

 

Sweet Jesus

 

So... you drafted all Sabers and Blues players eh?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, hf101 said:

So... you drafted all Sabers and Blues players eh?

 

no that be HJ ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

5 minutes ago, hf101 said:

 

So... you drafted all Sabers and Blues players eh?

Lol no. It did okay with centers, but I had it set for goalies...who were still sitting there and it picked centers.  I mean seriously, it didn't pick a second goalie (term used loosely) until the 16th round when it was my priority. 

 

It's just weird is all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Lol no. It did okay with centers, but I had it set for goalies...who were still sitting there and it picked centers.  I mean seriously, it didn't pick a second goalie (term used loosely) until the 16th round when it was my priority. 

 

It's just weird is all. 

 

That is odd.   I just looked at two GM's that auto drafted.  HJ's is skewed with 7 D-men.  And the other looks perfectly fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hf101 said:

 

That is odd.   I just looked at two GM's that auto drafted.  HJ's is skewed with 7 D-men.  And the other looks perfectly fine.

Yeah, odd. 

 

I'm not so much complaining as just a, "what the hell was that?" 

 

I can't complain much about the centers. And the wingers are decent.  The defense looks like I autodrafted. 

 

You should have seen my draft rankings, though. My honest to god concern was that I'd end up with too many goalies and Lehtera at center. Lol

 

It's odd it went to centers with goalies on my list sitting there.  It just means to correct it I may have to get into centers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall, I was pleased with my draft. In my first three picks, I got the best LW in the league (IMO-Marchand), a top notch goalie (Hellebuyck), and a guy who I am convinced will have a great year getting a fresh start on a really good team in San Jose (Karlsson). I am a little concerned that I reached a bit by picking up Kovalchuk where I did, but I hope he still has a lot of goals left in him. We'll see what happens on the ice, but I think this is my most well-balanced team to date. Any constructive criticism? I can take it. 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 3
      Post
      Wow...that's even higher than the Phillie reflief pitchers' ERAs.
    • 2
      Post
      A new Fantasy Hockey season deserves a new FHL Thread.   I am officially opening up the new All Star League thread.   Good Luck to all!
    • 2
      Post
      What manner of hell did my autodraft come from.    I'm telling you, it did absolutely nothing I'd set it up to do. Players on my list were available and it took others and then drafts people specifically on my "do not draft" list.  What kind of brain damaged imbecile takes Mrazek? Even for a robot?    Sweet Jesus
    • 2
      Post
      So... you drafted all Sabers and Blues players eh?
    • 1
      Post
      That is odd.   I just looked at two GM's that auto drafted.  HJ's is skewed with 7 D-men.  And the other looks perfectly fine.
    • 1
      Post
      Jeebus...
      2 goals given up on 3 shots by Rask, and his GAA is a cool 67.29 😳

About HF.net

 We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and more in our Forums.  Our members may also write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more.  If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

 

 

Contact Us

 

Recent Topics

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free
×