The "Crow or Gripe" About Your All Star Team Thread: 2018-19

pilldoc

Pick a date for the Draft  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What day works best for you for the HF.net ALL STAR FHL Draft?

• Saturday, September 29th @ 2:00 pm EST
    • Saturday, September 29th @ 4:00 pm EST
    • Saturday, September 29th @ 6:00 pm EST
    • Sunday, September 30th @ 2:00 pm EST
    • Sunday, September 30th @ 4:00 pm EST
    • Sunday, September 30th @ 6:00 pm EST
    • I'm Flexible for any date or time

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Hey look. I benched Smith for my matchup vs yave because he is being traded and because lol Toronto offense vs Smith.

He looks to be pitching a SHUTOUT *Jinx

you're playing Yave.  You were really damned if you did and damned if you didn't.

You actually caused the shutout, because had you played Smith he'd have given up six already.

Seven.  I didn't click the submit reply button fast en....eight.

10 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Hey look. I benched Smith for my matchup vs yave because he is being traded and because lol Toronto offense vs Smith.

He looks to be pitching a SHUTOUT *Jinx

Plus, if you haven't noticed, the Leafs' offense has cooled down a bit without Matthews (I think it was beginning to chill even a bit before he went on IR), AND the Flames, are NOT impressed by the Leafs' semblance of a defense.

Frederik Andersen once again is being left high n dry by piss poor Leaf coverage and lazy/sloppy outlet passing...seemingly a staple of Toronto defensemen.
That leaves Calgary to do what they want, keep the puck mostly on Toronto's side, and giving Smith (who admittedly is playing really well) an easier than usual night against the "vaunted Toronto offense"

Hey for once I did something right and started Smith in NAHANA .... of course I have Andersen in both All Star and Conn Smythe .... the Fantasy Hockey Gods giveth and taketh away ....sigh ....

Picked up Brock Nelson in All star in what I hope is an under the radar move, he has always had good Octobers but he seems hyper focused on staying in the top six, multi position qualifier who gets lots of faceoffs.

My only team quibble is defense which with Karlsson and Doughty should have been a non issue, then I have Petry and Nurse who are bottom rung top pairing guys. I need one more and have a wealth of wingers, in the right deal I would trade Keller, Meier, or even Arvidsson for a blueliner with hits/blocks and at least a little offense. Just need the right 5th d-man to add to the mix.

Trade between myself and Green Star Blades @TropicalFruitGirl26 and I were both simply looking to balance our rosters a bit.

BLADES ADD

Timo Meier who is having a very nice breakout season. If the Blades have a weak spot this year it has been offense from the wing and Meier will provide that in spades qualifying at both LW and RW. The Blades can make this move from depth as Hedman is due back soon on the back end.

FOIL  ADD

Dustin Byfuglein the Foil defense needed a boost and Big Bad Buff will slot in nicely with Karlsson, Doughty, Petry and Nurse. I was able to make this move because of need on the back end and the addition of Voracek on the RW in recent days.

Both teams added parts that they needed to try to keep up with @J0e Th0rnton before he pulls away and runs away and hides from the rest of us. 

@yave1964

Dustin Byfuglien is your kind of guy for FHL.... multi cat, does well in everything, and I was tempted to just hang on to him for those reasons as well..... but Timo Meier....I already have him in NAHANA, and when I acquired him (he was part of the deal that got me Rask, but I had to trade Evander Kane and Kucherov to get them!), he felt almost like a "throw in"....

Well, a "throw in" he was NOT.
And when you offered Meier, even though this would temporarily make my defense corp a bit weird due to Hedman still being out, I knew this was a no-brainer for me.

As you said, Meier's breakout season is well worth parting with a solid defenseman like Buff.

Good deal for both sides.

Time for a risk. Grabbing Tom Wilson off waivers a full 2+ weeks ahead of him coming off suspension.

I am not sure if Hertl will be out long or not, but while mulling over lack of options for pickup's I realized Wilson comes back November 20th. The guy is a stone headed moron, but he takes an epic amount of PIM's and throws a lot of hits.

I have built up a healthy lead and have a strong team so I can take the hit of a 1 player mangame loss for a few weeks.

I suspect if I let him go closer to 1 week before he comes back one of the canny GM's here would shelf him first

I was looking at stats last night and realized I had the worst GAA and save pct in the entire league and my goalies lead the league in losses. This is new for me, I usually build around goalies. I traded (overpaid) for Holtbeast and Schneider is back but still shopping Giroux or pretty much anyone for a top flight goalie. 

On 11/6/2018 at 1:16 PM, yave1964 said:

I was looking at stats last night and realized I had the worst GAA and save pct in the entire league and my goalies lead the league in losses. This is new for me, I usually build around goalies. I traded (overpaid) for Holtbeast and Schneider is back but still shopping Giroux or pretty much anyone for a top flight goalie. 

Is that giroux + Kincaid or are you going to roll with 4 goalies?

41 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Gripe:

Finally got tired of Pat Maroon.
Drafted him, he did ok at first, but just seems like a waste of a roster spot now.
Reduced minutes, 4th line role....yadda, yadda....

You guys can have him.  :VeryCool:

:HahaNO:   In Stereo    :HahaNO:

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Finally got tired of Pat Maroon.
Drafted him, he did ok at first, but just seems like a waste of a roster spot nowout of the gate

Sorry.  Fixed it.

But keep in mind, the guy throwing stones wasted his first pick (#347 overall) on Carter Hart and drafted Mittelstadt.

To name a few.

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Sorry.  Fixed it.

But keep in mind, the guy throwing stones wasted his first pick (#347 overall) on Carter Hart and drafted Mittelstadt.

To name a few.

Well, you know, I figured, man goes to play for hometown team, he gets to play with the likes of O'Reilly, Tarasenko, etc....on a contender (yea, THAT is a big guffaw right about now!), and he should have a career year, right?

Well, he is...……… a Maroon.  As Bugs Bunny would say. :bigteeth:

Fortunately for me, my team now seems to be firing on many cylinders, so his lack of anything hasn't really hurt me.
Just glad I came to terms with it now and just got a better performer sooner than later.

Archived