Jump to content
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

pilldoc

The "Crow or Gripe" About Your All Star Team Thread: 2018-19

Pick a date for the Draft  

4 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What day works best for you for the HF.net ALL STAR FHL Draft?

    • Saturday, September 29th @ 2:00 pm EST
      0
    • Saturday, September 29th @ 4:00 pm EST
      1
    • Saturday, September 29th @ 6:00 pm EST
      0
    • Sunday, September 30th @ 2:00 pm EST
      0
    • Sunday, September 30th @ 4:00 pm EST
      0
    • Sunday, September 30th @ 6:00 pm EST
      2
    • I'm Flexible for any date or time
      2


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

 

Well, you know, I figured, man goes to play for hometown team, he gets to play with the likes of O'Reilly, Tarasenko, etc....on a contender (yea, THAT is a big guffaw right about now!), and he should have a career year, right?

Well, he is...……… a Maroon.  As Bugs Bunny would say. :bigteeth:

 

Fortunately for me, my team now seems to be firing on many cylinders, so his lack of anything hasn't really hurt me.
Just glad I came to terms with it now and just got a better performer sooner than later.

 

I had him last year in Allstars. I don't think the whole year, but for large parts of it.  He was decent as a depth player for peripherals, but he's not even that now.   I really think much of that is because the team is a mess and the coach is an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to say that I should have put money on the Blues not being good this year despite all their moves.   I said so and really thought so.

 

But if I'd put money on it, they'd have won the President's Trophy.  That's the way it goes usually in the rare instances I actually make small -- I mean small -- bets on sports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

I had him last year in Allstars. I don't think the whole year, but for large parts of it.  He was decent as a depth player for peripherals, but he's not even that now.   I really think much of that is because the team is a mess and the coach is an idiot.

 

Probably.
But also, don't forget...the whole team is loaded...…. :ph34r:

drunk.jpg.d393f9cd162210c192338e7998f3b3e2.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

 

Probably.
But also, don't forget...the whole team is loaded...…. :ph34r:

drunk.jpg.d393f9cd162210c192338e7998f3b3e2.jpg

 

We need to work on getting a reaction emoji stronger than the "ha ha" thing.  Something that says OMFGTWFAH!

Edited by ruxpin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really could use a scoring-fest in the Washington-Pitt game.   Like a 7-6 game that ends in regulation after the eventual winner's starter is pulled after trailing 6-something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

I really could use a scoring-fest in the Washington-Pitt game.   Like a 7-6 game that ends in regulation after the eventual winner's starter is pulled after trailing 6-something.

My one player is Oshie and now he's out for who knows how long. Of course, I'm playing HJ this week ....and he offers me KInkaid and Orpik for Varlamov. Should I accept?😁:ph34r: LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

My one player is Oshie and now he's out for who knows how long. Of course, I'm playing HJ this week ....and he offers me KInkaid and Orpik for Varlamov. Should I accept?😁:ph34r: LOL

 

Seriously?   LOL  That is something YOU would offer, Mr. Anderson.

 

But yeah, that's ugly.   Though, you make out okay if Schneider has some unfortunate accident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the Pits-Wsh game, I have Jamie Oleksiak, who replaced the aforementioned Maroon.


Problem is, my opponent, Leafs Raisn (I always get the California Raisins jingle in my head whenever I see his team name...dammit) has Malkin...as well as Kuznetsov and Ovechkin.

So if the game turns into a scorefest, he'd likely rack up WAY more than I would since he is playing both sides.

That said, I built up a pretty nice lead in many categories the first two days of our match up this week, so if I can just tread water a bit, I come back full force tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

Seriously?   LOL  That is something YOU would offer, Mr. Anderson.

 

But yeah, that's ugly.   Though, you make out okay if Schneider has some unfortunate accident.

No way in hell he's getting Varlamov. Who are your starting goalies this year? The one year I don't have ol' Anderson, and he's playing half way decent, somewhat bad team in front of him but he's not playing bad. Still would rather have the goalies I do, though. It would be "interesting" if Lehner goes undefeated this week for me, though.

Edited by FD19372

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

No way in hell he's getting Varlamov. Who are your starting goalies this year? The one year I don't have ol' Anderson, and he's playing half way decent, somewhat bad team in front of him but he's not playing bad. Still would rather have the goalies I do, though.

 

LMAO

In allstars, I have Hellboy,  Smith, and Quick.    I traded out of Hellboy, Varly, and Holtby to help my offense.   Mistake.   More sorry about Varly than Holtby, honestly.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

LMAO

In allstars, I have Hellboy,  Smith, and Quick.    I traded out of Hellboy, Varly, and Holtby to help my offense.   Mistake.   More sorry about Varly than Holtby, honestly.

 

 

I think Hellebuyck will bounce back, as others here have suggested. Sucks about Quick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone sees pilldoc at the ...pharmacy, let him know that I offered him Kreider and Parayko for Ferland, so he can immediately laugh and decline it.:ph34r:😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I really could use a scoring-fest in the Washington-Pitt game.   Like a 7-6 game that ends in regulation after the eventual winner's starter is pulled after trailing 6-something.

 

I was kidding, but instead I'm going to end up with almost (not quite) the worst-case scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So randomly picked up Sissons and Henrique just for last night and ended up with 4 goals out of it. 

 

Blind squirrel and all that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

So randomly picked up Sissons and Henrique just for last night and ended up with 4 goals out of it. 

 

Blind squirrel and all that. 

 

:bigteeth::bigteeth:

 

squirrel.gif.a1b1c63412914b934b17a8f1733dac64.gif

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade between myself and @J0e Th0rnton.

 

J0e gets"

 

Giroux

Nurse

Kincaid

 

I get

 

Dubnyk

Carter

Ferland

 

Needed a goalie to combine with Holtby, hated giving up Giroux but you gotta give to get.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yave1964 said:

Trade between myself and @J0e Th0rnton.

 

J0e gets"

 

Giroux

Nurse

Kincaid

 

I get

 

Dubnyk

Carter

Ferland

 

Needed a goalie to combine with Holtby, hated giving up Giroux but you gotta give to get.

I hated giving up Dubnyk too lol.

 

But at least I don't have Smith anymore

 

Vasilievskiy better not blow his knee out. But more likely is Varlamov's glass Groin giving out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

 

But at least I don't have Smith anymore

 

Hey! I resemble that comment! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Trade between myself and @J0e Th0rnton.

 

J0e gets"

 

Giroux

Nurse

Kincaid

 

I get

 

Dubnyk

Carter

Ferland

 

Needed a goalie to combine with Holtby, hated giving up Giroux but you gotta give to get.

 

Ferland started of really hot, but has recently gone on a 8 game cold streak... I just traded Ferland in Conn Smythe for Kreider and Parayko.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

Hey! I resemble that comment! 

 

Don't feel bad...I was forced to pick up Brian Elliot today... 🤫
Something to do with Rask being out for "personal reasons"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Something to do with Rask being out for "personal reasons"

 

He's attending remedial goaltending school.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I hated giving up Dubnyk too lol.

 

But at least I don't have Smith anymore

 

Vasilievskiy better not blow his knee out. But more likely is Varlamov's glass Groin giving out

 

I don't suppose you'd be interested in swapping home team boys.... Vasy for Jones, eh?
Nahh, I didn't think so. 

Worth a 5-second try though... 🤓

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

He's attending remedial goaltending school.

Bryzgalov U. ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FD19372 said:

Bryzgalov U. ?

 

Yes, and the Alma Mater is "All of the Stars," by Ed Sheeran.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 3
      Post
      Wow...that's even higher than the Phillie reflief pitchers' ERAs.
    • 3
      Post
      you're playing Yave.  You were really damned if you did and damned if you didn't.   You actually caused the shutout, because had you played Smith he'd have given up six already.   Seven.  I didn't click the submit reply button fast en....eight.
    • 3
      Post
    • 3
      Post
      I finally have a crow.....   5 weeks ago I was in dead last place going no where fast..... fast forward 5 weeks later (and 2 trades later) and now I sit in 8th place with a slight chance of moving up to 7th in the playoff seedings.  I end the season with Lady's team this week and TFG next week.   What a fun season!    
    • 3
      Post
      Congtatz doc! Now I know how yave felt last year lol
    • 3
      Post
      Thanks to everyone, this was a tough season as it was the most balanced league top to bottom ever, no easy wins in any week. Looking forward to the challenge all over again next year.
×
×
  • Create New...