The "Crow or Gripe" About Your All Star Team Thread: 2018-19

pilldoc

Pick a date for the Draft  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What day works best for you for the HF.net ALL STAR FHL Draft?

• Saturday, September 29th @ 2:00 pm EST
    • Saturday, September 29th @ 4:00 pm EST
    • Saturday, September 29th @ 6:00 pm EST
    • Sunday, September 30th @ 2:00 pm EST
    • Sunday, September 30th @ 4:00 pm EST
    • Sunday, September 30th @ 6:00 pm EST
    • I'm Flexible for any date or time

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, you know, I figured, man goes to play for hometown team, he gets to play with the likes of O'Reilly, Tarasenko, etc....on a contender (yea, THAT is a big guffaw right about now!), and he should have a career year, right?

Well, he is...……… a Maroon.  As Bugs Bunny would say. :bigteeth:

Fortunately for me, my team now seems to be firing on many cylinders, so his lack of anything hasn't really hurt me.
Just glad I came to terms with it now and just got a better performer sooner than later.

I had him last year in Allstars. I don't think the whole year, but for large parts of it.  He was decent as a depth player for peripherals, but he's not even that now.   I really think much of that is because the team is a mess and the coach is an idiot.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say that I should have put money on the Blues not being good this year despite all their moves.   I said so and really thought so.

But if I'd put money on it, they'd have won the President's Trophy.  That's the way it goes usually in the rare instances I actually make small -- I mean small -- bets on sports.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I had him last year in Allstars. I don't think the whole year, but for large parts of it.  He was decent as a depth player for peripherals, but he's not even that now.   I really think much of that is because the team is a mess and the coach is an idiot.

Probably.
But also, don't forget...the whole team is loaded...…. :ph34r:

drunk.jpg.d393f9cd162210c192338e7998f3b3e2.jpg

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Probably.
But also, don't forget...the whole team is loaded...…. :ph34r:

drunk.jpg.d393f9cd162210c192338e7998f3b3e2.jpg

We need to work on getting a reaction emoji stronger than the "ha ha" thing.  Something that says OMFGTWFAH!

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

I really could use a scoring-fest in the Washington-Pitt game.   Like a 7-6 game that ends in regulation after the eventual winner's starter is pulled after trailing 6-something.

My one player is Oshie and now he's out for who knows how long. Of course, I'm playing HJ this week ....and he offers me KInkaid and Orpik for Varlamov. Should I accept?😁:ph34r: LOL

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

My one player is Oshie and now he's out for who knows how long. Of course, I'm playing HJ this week ....and he offers me KInkaid and Orpik for Varlamov. Should I accept?😁:ph34r: LOL

Seriously?   LOL  That is something YOU would offer, Mr. Anderson.

But yeah, that's ugly.   Though, you make out okay if Schneider has some unfortunate accident.

Regarding the Pits-Wsh game, I have Jamie Oleksiak, who replaced the aforementioned Maroon.

Problem is, my opponent, Leafs Raisn (I always get the California Raisins jingle in my head whenever I see his team name...dammit) has Malkin...as well as Kuznetsov and Ovechkin.

So if the game turns into a scorefest, he'd likely rack up WAY more than I would since he is playing both sides.

That said, I built up a pretty nice lead in many categories the first two days of our match up this week, so if I can just tread water a bit, I come back full force tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Seriously?   LOL  That is something YOU would offer, Mr. Anderson.

But yeah, that's ugly.   Though, you make out okay if Schneider has some unfortunate accident.

No way in hell he's getting Varlamov. Who are your starting goalies this year? The one year I don't have ol' Anderson, and he's playing half way decent, somewhat bad team in front of him but he's not playing bad. Still would rather have the goalies I do, though. It would be "interesting" if Lehner goes undefeated this week for me, though.

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

No way in hell he's getting Varlamov. Who are your starting goalies this year? The one year I don't have ol' Anderson, and he's playing half way decent, somewhat bad team in front of him but he's not playing bad. Still would rather have the goalies I do, though.

LMAO

In allstars, I have Hellboy,  Smith, and Quick.    I traded out of Hellboy, Varly, and Holtby to help my offense.   Mistake.   More sorry about Varly than Holtby, honestly.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

LMAO

In allstars, I have Hellboy,  Smith, and Quick.    I traded out of Hellboy, Varly, and Holtby to help my offense.   Mistake.   More sorry about Varly than Holtby, honestly.

I think Hellebuyck will bounce back, as others here have suggested. Sucks about Quick.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I really could use a scoring-fest in the Washington-Pitt game.   Like a 7-6 game that ends in regulation after the eventual winner's starter is pulled after trailing 6-something.

I was kidding, but instead I'm going to end up with almost (not quite) the worst-case scenario.

Just now, yave1964 said:

Trade between myself and @J0e Th0rnton.

J0e gets"

Giroux

Nurse

Kincaid

I get

Dubnyk

Carter

Ferland

Needed a goalie to combine with Holtby, hated giving up Giroux but you gotta give to get.

I hated giving up Dubnyk too lol.

But at least I don't have Smith anymore

Vasilievskiy better not blow his knee out. But more likely is Varlamov's glass Groin giving out

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Trade between myself and @J0e Th0rnton.

J0e gets"

Giroux

Nurse

Kincaid

I get

Dubnyk

Carter

Ferland

Needed a goalie to combine with Holtby, hated giving up Giroux but you gotta give to get.

Ferland started of really hot, but has recently gone on a 8 game cold streak... I just traded Ferland in Conn Smythe for Kreider and Parayko.

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I hated giving up Dubnyk too lol.

But at least I don't have Smith anymore

Vasilievskiy better not blow his knee out. But more likely is Varlamov's glass Groin giving out

I don't suppose you'd be interested in swapping home team boys.... Vasy for Jones, eh?
Nahh, I didn't think so. 

Worth a 5-second try though... 🤓

Archived