Who wins the Pacific? (two polls)

yave1964

who wins the pacific, how many teams make the playoffs?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Pacific this year?

• Ducks
    • Kings
    • Knights
    • Sharks
    • Oilers
    • Canucks
    • Flames
    • Coyotes
  2. 2. How many teams make the playoffs from the pacific?

This is an absolutely insane Division, I mean other than Vancouver, possibly the Coyotes, the other six teams could all finish anywhere from first through sixth. I have two questions in the poll: who wins the division, and how many teams make the playoffs. Below is how I think they will finish in 2018-19, please feel free to jump in.

1) Sharks PRO they retained the entire roster signing most key players to nice long term deals including late addition Kane. CON: key vets getting old.

2) Ducks PRO strong core with talented kids on their way to prop up the forwards. CON Kesler may be done, may have to rely too heavily on Henrique.

3)Oilers PRO McDavid and Draisatl on two separate lines, Talbot playing for his next contract. CON Lucic still there. Weak supporting cast.

4) Kings PRO Kovie gives the Kings a very strong top six, great depth on defense, Quick in net. CON They are getting reaalllllly old.

5) Knights PRO Amazing team effort last year. CON lost Perron/Neal and may have to rely too heavily on kids. Oh and Cinderella affect.

6) Flames PRO New coach, added Neal, Hanifin and Lindholm. CON Smith is old and rickety in net lots of new pieces need to mesh.

7) Coyotes PRO Chuckie comes over, headache Domi is gone, nice under the radar moves. They are still the Coyotes, plan on playing Chuckie at center.

8 Canucks PRO some fun kids to watch this year. CON signed Roussel and Beagle to long term deals holds kids back.

That is it. Thoughts?

I went with the Sharks for the division title,  but man there really isn't much to differentiate 1-6 (I like the Flames this year quite a lot). As for how many teams make the playoffs, I bounced back and forth between 3 and 4, finally saying 3 because the Central is just so damn good I see five teams coming out of that division but man is the West tough to pick.

I picked the Kings but I am not very confident of my pick.  I say its a real horse race.  The so called experts are giving Phoenix high grades for their moves.  And some are picking Calgary to have a great year?  Most are picking Vegas to take a big step backwards and I agree with that.  They will sneak up on nobody.

I picked the Sharks and four teams. 

I like the Flames, but I don't like their goaltending.  They have enough up front but I think goaltending will be a fatal flaw.

I'm not high on the Ducks. Their core is old and becoming fragile. And the kids aren't there yet. And most importantly, until Gibson proves he can stay healthy, I won't believe he can. And in Miller, they do NOT have a viable backup. They have a geriatric who was way overrated to begin with. 

I don't understand why the Oilers shouldn't be good. But I wouldn't count on it. 

So those are my four teams and maybe the Kings replace one of them. 

I'll continue betting against the Golden Knights. That hasn't served me well, so far, but law of averages and all that rot. 

And the Coyotes and Canucks round out the division. 

I don't see 5 teams coming out of the central. Nashville, Winnipeg,, Colorado, and either Dallas or St. Louis. 

I don't like Chicago or Minnesota. 

Archived