Banana Thrower Fined

Guest DaGreatGazoo

I love the last sentence....what a MAROON!

A fan who threw a banana at a black player during an NHL exhibition game has been fined $200.

Christopher Moorhouse lobbed a banana at Philadelphia Flyers forward Wayne Simmondsas he was approaching Detroit Red Wings goalie Jordan Pearce during a shootout in the Sept. 22 game in London, Ontario.

The 26-year-old Moorhouse pleaded guilty Monday but did not appear in court. Moorhouse was charged with a provincial trespassing and given 90 days to pay the fine. Police said there wasn't enough evidence to charge Moorhouse with a hate crime.

Moorhouse's lawyer, Faisal Joseph, has said his client didn't know hurling bananas at black athletes could be seen as hateful.

I love the last sentence....what a MAROON!

A fan who threw a banana at a black player during an NHL exhibition game has been fined $200.

Christopher Moorhouse lobbed a banana at Philadelphia Flyers forward Wayne Simmondsas he was approaching Detroit Red Wings goalie Jordan Pearce during a shootout in the Sept. 22 game in London, Ontario.

The 26-year-old Moorhouse pleaded guilty Monday but did not appear in court. Moorhouse was charged with a provincial trespassing and given 90 days to pay the fine. Police said there wasn't enough evidence to charge Moorhouse with a hate crime.

Moorhouse's lawyer, Faisal Joseph, has said his client didn't know hurling bananas at black athletes could be seen as hateful.

The last quote says all we need to know about today's society. No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions and wants to blame someone or claim ignorance.

I think that with today's society the punishment needs to fit the crime. I mentioned where the idiot Flyer fan jumped a Rangers fan who was a decorated veteran, that the scum bag's sentence should be going to Boot Camp at Paris Island. I think this idiot either needs to go an all black cell block for even two hours (which would only fuel his hatred) OR do something in the black community to get a better understanding of what it's like to be black and to experience some of the issues that Simmonds had to endure as he was escalating the hockey ranks.